Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We didn't attack, attack, attack. We were controlling the game high up the pitch, keeping them away from our goal. They had precisely no shots on target right up to scoring with their first shot on target. I think that is excellent defending (not the actual goal of course). If we would have sat back, they would have had a lot more chances and with the likes of their attacking talent available to them on the pitch I don't think that would have been a good idea.

I'm just saying, at 1-1, we should have pulled it back a bit and regained control of the game

But then again he has won the League on numerous occasions. He knows what he's talking about...
Thing is, he also plays for a team who knows how to win dirty by stamping on the opposition's best player.... but apparently that's a GOOD thing, so we need to learn from it, and do more of THAT!

Defoe is gonna get one hell of a kicking if he plays on Sunday!!!
:defoe:

If you put our current side in Serie A for a decade they'd win it a couple of times. Fact is, they've lost FIVE Champions league finals since they last won it in '96.

That is mentally weak. That is bottling it. Foul play and match fixing seems to be the way to go.

They didn't concede - that's the only stat that matters
They did concede or did we lose 2-0?

It might be the stat that matters but it's not the only one. We can take a great deal from last night going forward, as we now know we can play the likes of Juve off the pitch.

If we got totally outplayed and battered that wouldn't be the case. Winning last night isn't the be all and end all of THFC.

Maybe this is the reason we go on to finish 2nd and lift the FA Cup? Getting slaughtered wouldn't see us gain confidence but last night we should have every right to beat whatever the PL puts in front of us, despite the result.

Winning isn't everything. One thing that's apparent from last night, which one is talking about, is that Juve have zero chance of winning the CL. So winning isn't everything when it opens your eyes to the fact you aren't good enough either.

I'm just saying, at 1-1, we should have pulled it back a bit and regained control of the game

And what if we conceded a goal even with that? Then story would be "we should attack and score second.."..

Allegri made good subs. BUT, if we were clinical enough, no-one could help him then.

They didn't concede - that's the only stat that matters

So were we in total control of the match in the San Siro against AC Milan? I wouldn't say so. We were on the ropes and were lucky that Crouch managed to scuff the ball into the back of the net.

Juventus rode their luck in the match last night and took their chances. Yes, in the end they won and went through and that's all that counts, but I, like Sammy, would not say they were in control of that match.

Let's not be silly now...

They won, we lost - there is no dancing around it with how much possession we had, how many shots, how much better we looked etc

Its Juventus not West Brom.

If you cant take anything from last night except the result, then I feel sorry for you.
I´m extremely excited by this team.

I get what you are saying but it's flawed. If our defence is our weak element, why the fuck would we sit back and bring you onto it?
For the same reason why you put additional line of defenses in front of your most critical assets in a battle or an additional bandage on a weakened limb.
They played high tempo and very good football for 60 minutes often with 5-6 players in our last third of the pitch leaving room between midfield and defenders and leaving the 3-4 back exposed, without really needing the risk. Juve's second goal should never have been conceded by a team of your quality and then after those goals the team was very tired and could see that the efforts were less effective in creating dangers. At least that is how I saw the game, maybe I am biased because of my Italian football culture

Bloody hell there are some melts on here today....

Juve are a good team and showed yesterday they know how to win ugly, we smashed them for 165 mins of the 180 minute tie, they probably had what 5 good chances? and took 4.

We should of won 4-2 at Juve and should of been 5-0 up before they had their first shot on target yesterday. We didn’t take our chances they did, simple as that.

What we need to do now is get top 4 and try our hardest to win the FA cup. Do both those things and it’s the best season we have ever had in the PL era. So no need for everyone to start shitting there pants

Last edited:
A bitter pill to swallow indeed.

They were cunning in their defence second half as well as being a tight solid compact unit.

All other forms of social media will be ignored today from me as I know it will only get me depressed/angry.

No, you sad little Gooner, you weren't.

GaulPascoigne,
Bit of a cheap dig at a fellow Spurs supporter to be honest; If you disagreed with my comment, fair enough, but to try an insult like that is I consider a provocative comment to make and not in step with the ethos of this site as other members will agree I’m sure.

They did concede or did we lose 2-0?

It might be the stat that matters but it's not the only one. We can take a great deal from last night going forward, as we now know we can play the likes of Juve off the pitch.

If we got totally outplayed and battered that wouldn't be the case. Winning last night isn't the be all and end all of THFC.

Maybe this is the reason we go on to finish 2nd and lift the FA Cup? Getting slaughtered wouldn't see us gain confidence but last night we should have every right to beat whatever the PL puts in front of us, despite the result.

Winning isn't everything. One thing that's apparent from last night, which one is talking about, is that Juve have zero chance of winning the CL. So winning isn't everything when it opens your eyes to the fact you aren't good enough either.

Come on Sammy, you know I meant they didn't concede after going 2-1 up...

I'm not disagreeing with that - we will certainly take a lot out of last night. I'm not suggesting for one minute we got battered or outplayed.

As I said, and I think this point may have been missed, I love our approach to the game. This is what Tottenham is all about. To dare is to do, etc etc ....I hate the way Mourinho plays (and now Allegri) all the parking the bus when winning etc. However, that tactic won Juventus the match.

Hopefully we go onto winning the FA Cup playing the Tottenham way.

Its Juventus not West Brom.

If you cant take anything from last night except the result, then I feel sorry for you.
I´m extremely excited by this team.
Love this team and truly love this management team.
Last night simply proved there is still work to be done, progress still to be made.

When that progress is made, even Bobby Roode will look at Spurs and wish he was that glorious.

Bloody hell there are some melts on here today....

Juve are a good team and showed yesterday they know how to win ugly, we smashed them for 165 mins of the 180 minute tie, they probably had what 5 good chances? and took 4.

We should of won 4-2 at Juve and should of been 5-0 up before they had their first shot on target yesterday. We didn’t take out chances they did, simple as that.

What we need to do now if get top 4 and try our hardest to win the FA cup. Do both those things and it’s the best season we have ever had in the PL era. So no need for everyone to start shitting there pants
Amen

Unbelievable some posts today.....feel like Im reading the F365 comments half the time

Let's not be silly now...

They won, we lost - there is no dancing around it with how much possession we had, how many shots, how much better we looked etc
Now who’s being silly if all it is to you is just the score then you either don’t ever watch games or don’t enjoy them or both. I’ll not engage

Which wasn't what I said, which I subsequently explained.

I wan't us to have the ability to close a game out when we're in a winning position against a strong team, as someone like Mourinho is able to do, just that, only that.

It's not just Mourinho either, it's something that all great managers call on when needed, when the "Steamroller the opposition like 70s Brazil" option isn't working.

If you don't think that Pochettino and the players are wishing they could have done it in the second half last night I'd say you were kidding yourself

I think what you don't seem to understand is Mourinho sets his team up too play that way and drills them to play that way every session thus they are experts at it, I think you have to be brave and play to your strengths and parking the bus would have been suicide for us.

I'd like to also remind you that we've seen out far mor games with Poch than any other manager for years and years and if he had of shut up shop at half time and lost you'd be on here critising that.

For the same reason why you put additional line of defenses in front of your most critical assets in a battle or an additional bandage on a weakened limb.
They played high tempo and very good football for 60 minutes often with 5-6 players in our last third of the pitch leaving room between midfield and defenders and leaving the 3-4 back exposed, without really needing the risk. Juve's second goal should never have been conceded by a team of your quality and then after those goals the team was very tired and could see that the efforts were less effective in creating dangers. At least that is how I saw the game, maybe I am biased because of my Italian football culture
Maybe you are biased, that I get

Back
Top Bottom