Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the bit that pisses me off. Everyone bangs on about experience and tactical wareness, and how we should have protected what we had, yada yada yada
Juventus looked absolute pony apart from a 3 minute spell and a few electric sprints from Billy Whizz. They systematically fouled, niggled and cheated their way through the game and the officials were seemingly the only people in the stadium that couldn't see that the team that were once convicted of match fixing were cheating and fouling consistently.
What the hell is wrong with putting 11 players on the pitch who want to do what the game is all about, score goals, use skill and play good football until the final whistle?
Now the mark of excellence seems to be to defend in depth, throw a few sneaky punches, con the ref and physically try to lay waste to the opposition. And then people laud it, like it was a great way to conduct yourself.

How did the gorilla who was riverdancing on Son get to stay on the pitch? Do EUFA do retrospective bans?
I fully agree with this

Mad abusive drunks aren't the type of people I like to socalize with, but each to his own
I hope you don't think I'm making direct comparison between yourself and Joe more that I'd rather go with someone maybe over passionate than reserved. I guess I'm a bit old school and have that passion that is now deemed wrong to show. Political correctness and all that

That's silly though. City haven't played a big team so far yet they're one of the favourites to win.

Liverpool won the competition with Djimi Traore and Milan Baros in their line up. Anything can happen.

I do think they're likely to be knocked out in the quarters but if anything Klopp has proven its that his team does incredibly well against bigger clubs.
They didn’t do incredibly well against us or United, they blitzed City scored 3 but were hanging on at the end City almost equalised. Maybe it’s my inherent bias but I don’t get this Liverpool love

The blokes lost his last two Champions League finals. I'd stay quiet if I were him.
But then again he has won the League on numerous occasions. He knows what he's talking about...
Thing is, he also plays for a team who knows how to win dirty by stamping on the opposition's best player.... but apparently that's a GOOD thing, so we need to learn from it, and do more of THAT!

Defoe is gonna get one hell of a kicking if he plays on Sunday!!!
:defoe:

What are some suggesting here? That playing entertaining football and being able to defend for our lives are mutually exclusive? In what world ?!?!

I totally agree that we need to master this art (at least if we want to win something). Yesterday it was not mainly even issue of Juve being brilliant. It was just case of us not taking our opportunities. Finishing off games work in both ways - for defending for our lives but also taking the chances when presented. Yesterday (and also in 1st leg) we unfortunately failed at both. We could have either finished them off in the 2nd half of 1st leg, but we only compensated for what we screwed up previously. And then we had the chance to kill them in 1st half yesterday. In those periods we were really good BUT we had nothing to show for it. If you don't score, the posession and number of shots do not matter, trophies are not distributed based on posession.

That's silly though. City haven't played a big team so far yet they're one of the favourites to win.

Liverpool won the competition with Djimi Traore and Milan Baros in their line up. Anything can happen.

I do think they're likely to be knocked out in the quarters but if anything Klopp has proven its that his team does incredibly well against bigger clubs.
I don't think you can say too much about the last time Liverpool won the competition it was a freak show from the group stages and was the definition of "If your name is on the trophy". No one ever mentions the blatant red card they should have received prior to their first goal, or the fact that the previously unreliable Dudek made a cracking save from the Milan free kick.
Sometimes ability is second to good old fashioned fortune, Liverpool 2005 was proof of that. Getting away with murder, and that was the team and the fans!!

The highlights of this era are a collection of fancy goals, flicks, and passes. We have won nothing. Nothing.

The players who can will leave soon. There is no reason for them to stay, and I'll be glad to see about 4 or 500M in revenue from the sale. Then we can return to mid table with the stadium paid off. We'll still have clips of flicks to celebrate from our cheaper, mid table outfit. It'll be more honest that way. We're wasting our time with this vacuous fantasy at the moment

We can pay the stadium off with DVD sales. Disc 1 with the full game, disc 2 with the interviews.
:windy:

I get what you are saying but it's flawed. If our defence is our weak element, why the fuck would we sit back and bring you onto it? Our best form of defence is to keep the ball and to press you high, which is what we did for most of both legs and why you barely had an effort on goal last night. We weren't bombing on and over committing in attack, we were controlling the game.

The alternate universe is to say that this was a masterstroke by Allegri, I bet his preparation notes of this game didn't say "lads we will win this game if we allow Spurs a goal and give them 23 shots on our goal, we only need 2 score twice with our three shots on target, is everyone happy with this plan"?
Exactly, I'm loving the "masterclass" talk about Juves plan.
What plan? Get batterered and rely on us not taking our chances?

Lack of experience when it comes to seeing out a match - when Juventus went ahead, they changed their tactics and never looked like conceding - they knew exactly what they were doing.

At 1-0 or even 1-1, we had the tie won, but we continued to attack, attack, attack and although I love that about us, it cost us unfortunately.
We didn't attack, attack, attack. We were controlling the game high up the pitch, keeping them away from our goal. They had precisely no shots on target right up to scoring with their first shot on target. I think that is excellent defending (not the actual goal of course). If we would have sat back, they would have had a lot more chances and with the likes of their attacking talent available to them on the pitch I don't think that would have been a good idea.

Wow, what a season we're having, we've out performed our expectations within the CL, we weren't window dressing we were a serious part which makes me proud. We are still in the FA Cup and if we push on we can get top three and all this whilst playing away from home, having Victor crocked for nearly all the season, Toby absent for much, Walker doing one and Lamella only just coming back.

I would have loved to have gone on and won the CL but there are better teams out there than us at the moment, there's no shame in that. the lads all put in a shift, even if they didn't play their best. We will all learn from it and beating the likes of RM will stick with us for years and give us oodles of confidence.

If we're in this situation in three years time I will be worried but as of now we're a 'work in progress' and anything worth it's salt is worth waiting for... So all those out there talking us down can go fuck themselves. We are building a nucleus based on values, honesty and hard work, not some billionaires play thing, for that i'm eternally grateful.

I despise this cunt! Piece of shit lose 2 CL finals and he's talkin about this.. ffs
I despise the cheating cunt too.
I'd rather lose two CL finals than listen to cunts talk about how proud I should be to be put out in the last 16. Fucking disgrace losing the way we did last night.
End of an era. There was hope, but no substance. Based on historical performance, I'll be 85 when we have another squad good enough to get out out of the last 16 again. Football is cyclical. This cycle is done. Sell while those money grabbing lazy cunts are still under contract

Allegri made 2 early subs who changed the game for them second half - he outsmarted Poch tactically - hopefully we can learn something from all of this.

Llorente and Lamela / Moura should have come on the minute after Dybala scored - at that point it made on difference whether we lost 1:2 or 1:6. Dier and Davies were knackered.

I despise the cheating cunt too.
I'd rather lose two CL finals than listen to cunts talk about how proud I should be to be put out in the last 16. Fucking disgrace losing the way we did last night.
End of an era. There was hope, but no substance. Based on historical performance, I'll be 85 when we have another squad good enough to get out out of the last 16 again. Football is cyclical. This cycle is done. Sell while those money grabbing lazy cunts are still under contract

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Back
Top Bottom