Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane got a long way to go to prove that IMO.

4 champions league medals v nothing.

Livermore could join Real and pick up a string of CL medals, and he’s an awful footballer.

Bale is phenomenally talented, but for me Kane is the better player. Le Tissier won nothing at Southampton but still pisses on every Prem winning Leicester player from a great height. Even most World Cup winners.

Trophies come down to squad strength and cash. Given a choice between Kane at his best and Bale at his best, I’d pick Kane every time. And I don’t think we’ve even seen Kane at his best yet.

I think he'll stay at Real. I can't see that anywhere else has the pockets, or is a better draw. Don't forget, PL is 38 really tough matches. Even West Brom would have been determined (under Moore) not to concede. I'm guessing that Malaga is pretty much a 6-0 for Real.

Why go to PSG? Why uproot? Make a noise about playing time to get MORE playing time, not a move.

And absolutely imo not itk.

I think he'll stay at Real. I can't see that anywhere else has the pockets, or is a better draw. Don't forget, PL is 38 really tough matches. Even West Brom would have been determined (under Moore) not to concede. I'm guessing that Malaga is pretty much a 6-0 for Real.

Why go to PSG? Why uproot? Make a noise about playing time to get MORE playing time, not a move.

He’ll replace Greasy Ron as Madrid’s new top dog. I’d imagine Zidane would have been very impressed by Bale’s response. Dropped from the starting line-up? Fine...score one of the greatest goals of all time and win the biggest trophy in club football.

Didn't sound like he was staying

And perversely he cancelled out the reason he might stay by winning real the cup ....... and keeping Zidane in his job

He’ll replace Greasy Ron as Madrid’s new top dog. I’d imagine Zidane would have been very impressed by Bale’s response. Dropped from the starting line-up? Fine...score one of the greatest goals of all time and win the biggest trophy in club football.
Word is they do not get a long and that Bale is very much a loner in the Madrid squad. But that is kind of Gareth's own fault for not wanting to learn Spanish apparently

Don't underestimate the influence of sponsors here either. Bale is probably adidas's biggest football athlete behind possibly pogba. They'll be desperate to have him in a united shirt rather than spurs Nike kit. Obviously there's loads of players at clubs who aren't sponsored by the same companies as them, but I'm sure they'll be trying to influence him
Whoops. Just read this after posting the same in the transfer thread. Didn’t mean to copy!

Not that I'm agreeing Kane is better than Bale. But team accolades don't determine the quality of a player.

Keylor Navas isn't better than De Gea because he's won more.

Matt Le Tissier won fuck all. He's still better than Milan Baros.

I think Kane is a more valuable player than Bale.

They’re both incredible, but strikers like Kane are the golden geese of football. Doesn’t matter if he’s on fire, average, or in a bad patch...Kane keeps on scoring. It’s simply a matter of how many.

I think Kane is a more valuable player than Bale.

They’re both incredible, but strikers like Kane are the golden geese of football. Doesn’t matter if he’s on fire, average, or in a bad patch...Kane keeps on scoring. It’s simply a matter of how many.
Also Kane is younger and more importantly doesn't seem to have the same injury problems that Bale has had in Madrid.

He was never coming back to us though was he, despite me really wanting him too.

He can command £300k a week wages at multiple places

Will Spurs at least approach him or are his wage demands just to high? New stadium and not spent a lot previous few years. Maybe Levy could have his arm twisted to any for him. Man U will be all over him if he says he wants to leave.

i don’t get it, last week no one really wanted Bale. Now, because of one overhead kick and a shot my Ma could have saved, he’s the most wanted player in the country.

He won’t score that goal every week Yanno.

Will Spurs at least approach him or are his wage demands just to high? New stadium and not spent a lot previous few years. Maybe Levy could have his arm twisted to any for him. Man U will be all over him if he says he wants to leave.

The problem isn’t paying Bale’s wages, it’s parity in the squad. We could afford to pay him whatever he wants, but then Kane, Eriksen, and our other key players would all expect similar contracts.

Back
Top Bottom