Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spending 50m on one player to get starts here and there is not something I think we'll do.

If we commit that kind of money they'd need to be a first team regular.

True. I'm struggling to think of reasons why we'd buy Pulisic without changing formation or letting someone go from the attack.

You need to understand what 'first refusal' means before just blindly posting ...

Bale is not a slave, he cannot be bought and sold at the whim of football club chairmen (or John Thomas) without his consent, we've moved on since 1865.

When a club has a 'first refusal' clause in a contract it means that the selling club, in this case Real Madrid must make Spurs aware of any offer on that player and all the terms and conditions within that offer ... Spurs then have a limited period to match or better the offer ... this gives Spurs a significant advantage, we know what the other side are offering, so we can match or beat it, but it's no guarantee ...

As I said Bale is not a slave, he can only be transferred anywhere with his agreement ... RM and Spurs can agree anything they want, but if Bale refuses to sign for us then that will mean feck all ...

I'm sure JT will be the first to scream 'no commitment' 'betrayal' 'ENIC and Levy are traitors' if this summer Bale signs for someone else, it's JT's style after all, but the fact is 'first refusal' guarantees us nothing. Ultimately only Bale will decide where Bale ends up, we will probably never know for sure (unless of course you believe the Sun) which clubs were prepared to offer what .....

He may well be a fantwastic signing for us, but that's only if he wants to be .....
Also worth pointing out that Bale chose Real Madrid over Utd. even though Utd offered us more money. Don't think it was ever reported if they offered him a bigger salary, probably because they never got as far as personal terms as he had his heart set on Madrid.

Watching the U.S.A.-Bolivia game?

Pulisic isn't on the right, despite being right footed. It's a scandal!
I watched the first 35 minutes, Pulisic was rank. I counted 10 interventions (I probably missed a few short passes but these were the ones where he passed more than 4 yards or ran with the ball). One 5 yd pass found a team mate, eight times he either mishit the pass or, more commonly lost the ball, and the remaining one time he kicked it straight out of play when taking a corner.

He may have improved but the game was such utter shit I went to bed

Actually, I think if a good offer comes in he'll be off. He's stagnated for 3 seasons now and I believe Moura is the better player overall. Not to mention the Martial / Zaha rumour whom both I believe offer more than him.
Yep. Not sure if we don't utilise him as well as Roma did but doesn't score enough.
Not worried if he stays as he still contributes to the squad but if a good offer comes in I'd take it and try and upgrade him.

Why?

Reports say we've got £150,000,000 budget. Add sales on top of that and we have probably near £200,000,000.

Thats enough for Pulisic and about 3 other signings.

Report: Tottenham has transfer budget of 3 billion dollars and two Big Macs for next week of transfer window.

-> is that legit enough report for you :) ?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously though? 150 mil plus outgoing sales?
In context where our net spenditure across Poch era has been smth around 40 mil?
What are you smoking mate
:pochshock:

Zaha terrifies teams. His pace and directness is something we lack, plus he can fill in as a striker as he’s shown at Palace this season.

I like Zaha aswell but I have fears over him , his bollocks shrank at Man U and thought it was a bit of a cowards move to sign such a long deal with Palace , he seems to lack ambition and belief that he can be one of the best.

Oh, and one quick thing about the recent 'Tottenham won't sign Bale' articles - this feels very much like something the club has directly briefed the journalists on. Perhaps because the entire fanbase on social media suddenly fell in love with the idea of re-signing him.

Unless it's an enormous bluff (I don't think so, sadly).
:levywtf:

Alas, it'd probably be in our best interests for Bale to renegotiate with Real and sign a new contract. Please God, I never want to see him at United.

Except the headline is not "Tottenham won't sign Bale", it is "Bale will not return to Tottenham", and the difference is important. God, I so want him to come now, even for a loan or short stint, just to shove that almighty opinion that, as of today, is still taking up headline inches on the BBC front page right up their square seat arses.

Zaha terrifies teams. His pace and directness is something we lack, plus he can fill in as a striker as he’s shown at Palace this season.

So, under that logic we were batshit stupid to let Lennon and Townsend go, right?
Their speed "terrify teams" as well?

Also it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Zaha would be better back-up striker than what we already have in Son...

Damn Liverpool are making some quality signings. If they fix their CB, GK issues I see them winning the league or CL in 2 years.

I would not make such strong claims (PL/CL) but it was exactly what I tought a bit ago - they are 1 quality GK and CB (actually also 1 quality striker, as this would give back-up to front 3 AND would allow to change their tactics. Ings, Solanke and Origi will not cut) away from being quite scary team -> they have front 3 sorted out right now. They have Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, Ox, Milner, Wijnaldum for CM positions, decent fullbacks and van Dijk as leader of defence.

Not saying that they have leaped us or whatever, just stating that they are doing good business on the market now.

So, under that logic we were batshit stupid to let Lennon and Townsend go, right?
Their speed "terrify teams" as well?

Also it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Zaha would be better back-up striker than what we already have in Son...

He's in the same team as Townsend and totally outperforms Townsend as for Lennon he's done and apologies if I'm wrong but I don't recall anybody saying Zaha would be a better back up striker than Son only that he would be an option.

I would not make such strong claims (PL/CL) but it was exactly what I tought a bit ago - they are 1 quality GK and CB (actually also 1 quality striker, as this would give back-up to front 3 AND would allow to change their tactics. Ings, Solanke and Origi will not cut) away from being quite scary team -> they have front 3 sorted out right now. They have Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, Ox, Milner, Wijnaldum for CM positions, decent fullbacks and van Dijk as leader of defence.

Not saying that they have leaped us or whatever, just stating that they are doing good business on the market now.
Hendo, Ox , Lallana and new CF as squad players whilst their first team looks like this

------------------new GK
TAA-----new CB----VVD-----Robertson

------------Fabinho----Keita
-----------------Fekir

Salah----------Firmino----------Mane

That would be the only team in PL capable to go toe to toe with City.

Hendo, Ox , Lallana and new CF as squad players whilst their first team looks like this

------------------new GK

-----------------Fekir

Go buy a Liverpool shirt and fuck off then

------------------new GK

-----------------Fekir

Includes 3 players they haven't even signed 4 if you count Fabinho , mugged yaself right off with that one , you can shove that disagree button up your arse aswell you twat.

As regards Pulisic, wouldn’t he be a case of contingency planning for the day in the not too distant future, when Son has to do his National service?
His versatility would mean he got plenty of game time to get used to the systems & his teammates but long term, we do have to consider what we do if/when Son has to leave for 2 years because I don’t see him returning as a top level professional after 2 years patrolling the N/S Korean border.
I hope it doesn’t happen, but it’s looking increasingly likely unless the national team can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

------------------new GK

-----------------Fekir

I think I'll pass.

Liverpool are midtable fodder that won't amount to anything in the next few years.

Within the space of 20 minutes you've said the Scousers are the only team capable of challenging, and that they're also midtable fodder?

You're a fucking idiot.

------------------new GK

-----------------Fekir

Without even looking at the rest of it that team would be cut open by any team that’s decent. Basically would be playing with a front 5 while Fabinho tries to cover all of midfield himself.

As stated before eveyerone is panicking about what Liverpool are spending but Keïta is his best ever season didn’t match Ali last year stat wise despite Ali being poor last year, and as seen by Bakayoko and others players from the French league in midfield often struggle in the Prem. So no point making big statements like they are gonna challenge because it’s just as likely they all flop.

Back
Top Bottom