Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just can't imagine it fits in with our transfer policy to give The Moose a three year contract, and I had resigned myself to his departure. However, in his case, as he is quite a unique player, I would have made an exception and maybe paid him depending on appearances. I think one more year would be a decent compromise from both sides.

Would be so disappointed to see him go! Absolutely love him. At Juve away he was insanely good! Also just coming on and smashing Ramos at wembley!

Please stay Moose! :dembelefingers:

Would be so disappointed to see him go! Absolutely love him. At Juve away he was insanely good! Also just coming on and smashing Ramos at wembley!

Please stay Moose! :dembelefingers:
One of the finest sights I’ve seen was him absolutely decapitating Ramos at Wembley. There’s not many sportsmen in world rugby, let alone football who could crumple that unit like he was squashing a bug

I just can't imagine it fits in with our transfer policy to give The Moose a three year contract, and I had resigned myself to his departure. However, in his case, as he is quite a unique player, I would have made an exception and maybe paid him depending on appearances. I think one more year would be a decent compromise from both sides.

I'd resigned myself to this some time ago but as the reality becomes 'realer', it's suddenly tough to face.

I desperately want to see him rip it up at the new stadium.

If he’s after 3, why not give him 2 with an option to extend & a pay rise?

I think it shows we're actively looking for a new CM.
I agree. But at the same time, he isn’t exactly deadwood and it would give any new signing time to bed in. Phasing him out slowly whilst having him available for the biggest games would definitely be in our interests and would probably suit him if his body is struggling to cope with more than 2-3 games a month. I’m maybe clutching at straws but I’d hate to see Mousa strutting his stuff somewhere else in Europe. China I could live with because I can honestly say I have never watched a Chinese league game.

Be completely honest with yourself, how often is that over the course of a season?

On his day he's one of the best CM in the world. That day doesn't come often enough for me.

Enough to make him an awesome 2nd choice CM (not DM!) which (subject to Wink's) we don't have ANY of...

Health vs contract length is the issue here, not whether or not he can contribute at the front end of any deal.

Be completely honest with yourself, how often is that over the course of a season?

On his day he's one of the best CM in the world. That day doesn't come often enough for me.

Personally I think he's worth it if he only plays 40% of available minutes , think his experience could be vital in the coming years. I'm all for Youthfulness to be one of the main features of our teams under Poch but the value of a couple of quality elder statesman in the squad can't be underestimated.

Another club that has to pay a big transfer fee for Dembele isnt going to give him a big money contract at the same time. So he may not want to go.

If he doesnt go, he may sign a contract in january with another club and leaves on a free.We could end up with zero after having paid him next seasons wage. It makes sense to give out a 3 year contract to a very good experienced player whose presence always makes our team better.

Or maybe I am wrong and there are clubs wanting to pay £20m+ for Dembele as well as happy to give out 100k+ a week for 3 years .

Perisic is a winger?
Mainly a left winger but can also operate as a attacking midfielder or a right winger if needed.

Not saying yay or nay but it would give us the option of dropping Eriksen or Dele deeper into midfield.

11 goals and 11 assists this season in the Serie A

Mainly a left winger but can also operate as a attacking midfielder or a right winger if needed.

Not saying yay or nay but it would give us the option of dropping Eriksen or Dele deeper into midfield.

11 goals and 11 assists this season in the Serie A
Sorry but we need a quality CM - not another attacking mid

Back
Top Bottom