Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but we need a quality CM - not another attacking mid
I hear you, and as I said I was not saying yay or nay with my post. But maybe Poch reasons that by bringing in Perisic he can move Eriksen/Dele/Lamela into the CM role.

If the rumour of a swap deal is true that is

What do we do let him go for nothing or give him a new contract.
I’d say give him a 1 yr. Buy another CM.
Nothing wrong with letting him go on a free then after we have got the replacement sorted.
Dembele won’t be playing many full games. We will have the benefit of using a fully fit Dembele when we want whilst blooding the new signing in.
Great to have in your squad. I think he realises that.
Unless there’s a club who can offer him a longer better contract, guaranteed playing time and he wants to go.
I think most clubs will be aware of his injury proneness.
Pochettinos staff have done extremely well with him. Got him back in shape, managed the injuries but he’s regressed again.
Whoever buys him can’t be expecting to get more than 2000 league minutes a season out of him and rarely a whole 90.
We bought him in 12/13 and he’d played 180mins for Fulham.
That season he managed 2390 mins of PL. He never achived that again.
13/14 1823
14/15 1140
15/16 2273
16/17 2066
17/18 1886

Last edited:
Enough to make him an awesome 2nd choice CM (not DM!) which (subject to Wink's) we don't have ANY of...

Health vs contract length is the issue here, not whether or not he can contribute at the front end of any deal.

Personally I think he's worth it if he only plays 40% of available minutes , think his experience could be vital in the coming years. I'm all for Youthfulness to be one of the main features of our teams under Poch but the value of a couple of quality elder statesman in the squad can't be underestimated.

This all depends on the wage he is asking for. This could be one of the last contracts he'll ever sign and most players want bumper deals to see them through retirement.

Dembele could go to China and get more than he is now.

In this case it becomes age Vs wage Vs value to the squad minus no sell on value.

This all depends on the wage he is asking for. This could be one of the last contracts he'll ever sign and most players want bumper deals to see them through retirement.

Dembele could go to China and get more than he is now.

In this case it becomes age Vs wage Vs value to the squad minus no sell on value.

I'm just talking idealistically; sure it's all gonna hinge on what MD wants... According to the rumour mill he wants a 3yr contract and we won't give him one...

Financially alone, I'm sure we could find some middle ground with him. Like i said to begin with for the club it's about whether we'd get value from him staying (likely writing off any resale value in the process).

So yesterday I'm watching the game rooting for England except every time Moose is involved in a duel then I automatically started rooting for him until the next phase.

Basically I'm not ready to move on yet. :(

Drives me mental.... His after match interviews are like feckin' Oscar acceptance speaches...

"...But most of all i'd like to thank god as without him i would not be blessed with a squad that makes me and the my Goon cunt mate with questionable loyalties look vaguely competent."

Fellaini has been excellent in this tournament as has Chadli...
Sorry but you don’t just change the team for no reason...Belgium were superb against Brazil, without Dembélé.
Suck it up

Back
Top Bottom