Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't see the Belgium game. How did Toby get on? I wouldn't imagine he had much to do?
Not an awful lot to do, you're right.

Got beat once in the first half but did well to recover with a timely hoof come over head "thingy" once he was turned. Whilst we have all come to marvel at his long diagonal ball, in the first half it was all Belgium were doing, endless long balls from defence, nothing to do with Toby per sey as it was I think tactical but fuck me it was boring to watch.

Hope Toby stays, he is our No1 CB
Davison is having a mare against Japan right now
Agreed. Imagine the stick toby would have got if he had played as bad as davison is. Toby & jan are still more reliable on the pitch than davison. Having both toby & jan also takes the pressure off davison who can learn & develop with 2 very good CBs helping him.

He has just turned 22 for fucks sake on arguably the biggest stage in the world and still learning the game.
The club knows how good he is and he will make mistakes!
Oh god just turned 22 is now the did you know he's only 21

Btw what happened to if your good enough your old enough
And if you're not good enough it don't matter a fuvk how old you are

Btw what happened to if your good enough your old enough
And if you're not good enough it don't matter a fuvk how old you are

I’ve heard the first part of that phrase.

The second part is a new one for me though.

:dembelelol:

Sounds like you come from the Mourinho school of management rather than the Pochettino model of having faith in younger players.
Sanchez is a good player. Not as good as Toby but yes he’s 21/22 whatever and learning still.
Fact he is playing in a World Cup shows his quality.

Sounds like you come from the Mourinho school of management rather than the Pochettino model of having faith in younger players.
Sanchez is a good player. Not as good as Toby but yes he’s 21/22 whatever and learning still.
Im sure you and me both will hear it plenty next season everytime Sanchez makes a ricket

No it's not that. But I think and i didn't realise this if im honest that the closer the team/club get to challenging for the league the less opportunity there is for allowing this kind of development curve

Basically the players have got to be fuvking excellent throughout and from the get go

Btw I rate Sanchez highly

You’re correct. He’s not as good as Toby. Which is why it’s frustrating to watch us sell a better player and watch someone learn on our watch. A bit like Wenger who didn’t want to sign a midfielder for years because he’d “kill Denilson”. Cue years of not winning anything

And using “fact” when saying laying at the World Cup makes you quality? Saudi Arabia amongst others don’t agree.

Sanchez is a CB in a top 3 team in the most difficult league in the world though, so his place at the world cup is not simply default

By the grace of God, he’ll be the 4th choice at that top 3 club next season; for me he’s pace-dependent and lacks the tactical intellect to ever be a top defender. I have more faith in Foyth.

Keeping Toby would be ideal, while also signing Ben White from Brighton in the next 12 months too - he’s the real deal.

Are we still debating about a) how good Toby is and b) that we’re just trying to flog him.

a) he’s extremely good him and Jan are the best centre back pairing when fit, he’s our 2nd best central defender and has been for 2 seasons now. He was heads and shoulders above all the season Leicester won the league since then he’s had very long spells out with injury
By the grace of God, he’ll be the 4th choice at that top 3 club next season; for me he’s pace-dependent and lacks the tactical intellect to ever be a top defender. I have more faith in Foyth.

Keeping Toby would be ideal, while also signing Ben White from Brighton in the next 12 months too - he’s the real deal.
Either there’s an agenda in play here or you’ve hardly seen anything of Sanchez last season. Then you cite a(nother) real deal. Things have surpassed ridiculous

That’s the shittest post of the year.....do you know how shit it must be to be more shit than any other post on TFC this year?

Well that’s your post. Utter shit, probably won’t be topped.

It leaves no room for correction it’s that shit.
Really, I mean that.

Im sure you and me both will hear it plenty next season everytime Sanchez makes a ricket

No it's not that. But I think and i didn't realise this if im honest that the closer the team/club get to challenging for the league the less opportunity there is for allowing this kind of development curve

Basically the players have got to be fuvking excellent throughout and from the get go

Btw I rate Sanchez highly

The best managers know how to balance it. Or at least have the balls and self belief to try and incorporate youth and not just buy the best each time.

It would be sad if we didn’t see another Kane, Bale, Alli etc come through as a youngster and make a shirt their own.

Back
Top Bottom