New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Champs League...?

Didh19FW4AE4o0M.jpg
raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.u7.jpg

New kit is a horror the home kit should be sacrosanct it's almost impossible to fuck up yet Nike have. How the fuck is the incontinent band going to look paired with white shorts on European nights.

Don't buy the kit

If it was plain white and pain blue shorts each year, everyone would probably be moaning how our kit is always the same.
It’s the times.
Plain white
Newcastle, can’t really do much with their home shirt. Yet they will make less or more stripes or put the badge in a different place.
Bit like iPhones
The 4 is perfect until the 5 has a better camera until the 6 ......

How can they get it so badly wrong, had these been the shirts they'd have been top class

01_NKME0318.jpg

01_NKME0418.jpg

I get why peeps like this kind of thing for the simplicity, but they simply don't look like footy shirts to me unless we're harking back to the 50's or something.

Regardless of personal taste, last year's kits were as good as gold.... This years look cheap and nasty. The colour scheming for the away kit is a complete disaster. The 3rd is simply a poor execution of something that coulda in fact looked pretty decent if you're after something a little different. The home kit plain sucks.

I think the black & purple training gear would have made for a sexy as hell 3rd kit, but for me it's about the iconic match-wear over the years not buying something cos i must have some for of club-branded clothing, so I shan't be buying one of those either.

Will scoop up a 2017/2018 2nd & 3rd kit from the bargain bins over the coming months though.

Last edited:
Also... These white kits are all very well and good but the players don't have to worry about post-match curry stains do they!?!

If it was plain white and pain blue shorts each year, everyone would probably be moaning how our kit is always the same.
It’s the times.
Plain white
Newcastle, can’t really do much with their home shirt. Yet they will make less or more stripes or put the badge in a different place.
Bit like iPhones
The 4 is perfect until the 5 has a better camera until the 6 ......
It doesn't have to have some shit design element to be different enough to make it look new though.

It doesn't have to have some shit design element to be different enough to make it look new though.

Said it a bazillion times before.

Home: Keep the home-shirt classic & simple.... Subtle tweaks each year (Collar, sleeves trim etc.) mean peeps will still buy. Blue shorts for domestic / White shorts for europe.
Away: Same design format as above in dark blue (never been fond of the sky blue... Especially now we're in the City/Oil-era). Always blue shorts (white always looks shit).
3rd: Get funky with the 3rd kit for those who seek that kind of vibe. Should also be a distinct departure from white & dark-blue.

Honestly, they get it right, I'd buy all 3... Most seasons I typically can't even find one I like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom