Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very refreshing to get a conversation like this from a club. It kind of stops all the paper bullshit in the fallout to the deal. I also understand why a club wouldn't do this for 90% of transfers that don't go through but for those deals where the club might have been mugged off by a dodgy agent and president of the selling club, then yeah, this is how you take control of the situation.

The only thing that I would say is a bit naive on Roma's part is that without signed contract then there is no deal, find it odd that without one that a deal can get this far. But to flip the coin on that position I also understand that if 'you' move quickly and have medical's booked and flights arranged then this also puts the intent and a bit of physiological power in your favour. It amazes me that there isn't some kind of pre-Medical contract to bind the deal before a player makes his trip to have his medical (be that at the buying club or if the buying club fly out to the player).

Fulham doing bits.

Schurrle is a good player for them. Having him on loan for TWO seasons is good for them. Reckon they'll stay up.

Was wondering.... I'd figured being loaned out for what is likely your peak yours certainly has a question mark attached to it.

He was very highly thought of at Leverkusen and had a real breakout year back in 2013 but like Chelsea do to many young talents, they ruin them.

He was SHOCKING at Dortmund. I mean he could be rejuvenated at Fulham, but I see many people saying this is a GREAT signing for them, but I guess they are basing that on name value. He just hasn't developed since he was 21/22.

Seri though, that is a great signing.

He was very highly thought of at Leverkusen and had a real breakout year back in 2013 but like Chelsea do to many young talents, they ruin them.

He was SHOCKING at Dortmund. I mean he could be rejuvenated at Fulham, but I see many people saying this is a GREAT signing for them, but I guess they are basing that on name value. He just hasn't developed since he was 21/22.

Had Shurrle down for a good finish or two if nothing else, but as you suggest that's from Chavs & internationals mainly. Never know, could pan out for them.... Gotta be a fairly low-risk deal and how often is striker/goals a problem for promoted teams.

Cant say I know much of Seri as a player; but got the impression it's a head-scratcher how they got him...

No good for us? Why so little melting over him here...?

Had Shurrle down for a good finish or two if nothing else, but as you suggest that's from Chavs & internationals mainly. Never know, could pan out for them.... Gotta be a fairly low-risk deal and how often is striker/goals a problem for promoted teams.

Cant say I know much of Seri as a player; but got the impression it's a head-scratcher how they got him...

No good for us? Why so little melting over him here...?

I honestly have no idea how Fulham got Seri. I think he'd have been excellent for us and would have been a great Dembele replacement.

I think he gets in 3/4s of the Premier League teams starting line ups.

I would say he's still comfortably a great addition to a newly promoted team.

Heard this earlier... This is the same Schar that was a hot FB prospect that was a "must" sign for us at some point?

He looked great against us in the Europa League for Basel when he was like 21 or 22 to be fair - but yeah, his career really seems to have gone downhill.

Back
Top Bottom