vs Barcelona 29 / 07 - 04:05 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am proud of our boys and we now know that the so called super La Liega clubs are now coming back to the pack!

Good game driving back now, NKoudou had some things come off for once, but it won’t wash in the league. Amos did well in there 90mins hard work. Eriksen finally got on the ball second half and it showed. Trippier has nothing to worry about for his spot put it that way. llorente resorted back to mean with Son being the only real option if Kane out

Great game to watch good fun, great stadium

I think my big takeaway is that Gomes, Rafinha and Arthur tore us to shreds in the first half.
Amos, Sissoko, CCV, Aurier, KWP and Llorente looked well below the level of the game during that time.
I was particularly disappointed to see Aurier play so badly.

He still hasn't recovered from the World Cup?

Barca were animals in the first half, their pressing was murder plus they rarely gave the ball away!

Second half, much much better from us and even though it's only a friendly it is a good sign that they didn't give up and actually finished the stronger side.

Key to that was in the 2nd half Eriksen bossed it and was easily the best player on the pitch. Barca had a list of players out that is longer than my arm though but such depth it's scary. I bet we draw them in the CL!

Impressed with overall attitude of the team, Skipp looked good, Gazza is better than Vorm but we do look like we need some new faces. Injuries haven't helped as Winks, Wanyama and Foyth would improve the side let alone the semi-final boys.

Come on Levy, we can win the PL next season but Poch needs some reinforcements!

There was a LARGE Spurs contingent at the game. WAY more than I was expecting... Eriksen, Son and CCV came and clapped us off. Very proud
why, we're you substituted? :sonpoint:

Key to that was in the 2nd half Eriksen bossed it and was easily the best player on the pitch. Barca had a list of players out that is longer than my arm though but such depth it's scary. I bet we draw them in the CL!

Impressed with overall attitude of the team, Skipp looked good, Gazza is better than Vorm but we do look like we need some new faces. Injuries haven't helped as Winks, Wanyama and Foyth would improve the side let alone the semi-final boys.

He's clearly trying too hard to impress... :eriksenlol:
Expect a Barça bid in the coming days!! :eriksenserious:

BBC headline: Tottenham comeback against Barcelona in vain

They are aware this was a fucking friendly?.......If the competition wasn't pandering to a wider American market there wouldn't be a penalty shootout, it would just be a draw.

Interesting that in both Roma and Barca - we've used a more 4-3-3 type system. Certainly the shape we've been using in central midfield is 3 across the middle with Eriksen deeper. In that case, we certainly need a Martial/Pulisic/Zaha for when Son goes away.

I was very very impressed with Skipp in that second half. You wouldn't think he was 17 years old. Hope he gets more game time against Milan. Very excited about his future.

Second half we were excellent. I also thought Amos had another good game, especially in the second half.

Thought Puig was very very good too actually - really wished we had managed to get a deal for him over the line. He's going to be a superstar.

Barca were animals in the first half, their pressing was murder plus they rarely gave the ball away!

Second half, much much better from us and even though it's only a friendly it is a good sign that they didn't give up and actually finished the stronger side.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Onomah being injured is the biggest disappointment for me. Especially with all the injuries to central midfield and lack of World Cup boys on show.

He could be playing in his favoured deeper role and showing Pochettino what he can bring - unfortunately, he probably plays no part in our pre-season and either gets loaned out on deadline day or stays with the club doing nothing but training with the first team and perhaps getting a sub appearance in a League Cup game.

Back
Top Bottom