vs Barcelona 29 / 07 - 04:05 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How did Skipp do? I missed the game

Came on at half time and had a really good game. Him and Amos gave us a bit more solidarity in the centre of the field. Covered ground well. Put in some great tackles, especially one late in the second half.

If you watch the game back. Youre probably best off watching the second half only. We were the much better team.

Very calm in possession. Presses well for a 17 year old. Got a bit of pace on him too and covers the ground well. Definitely got a big future.

Reminds me of Matic.
Much, much more about him than Matic IMO. Whilst the comparison isn't obvious now I think he's end up more a Modric type player (the things he does that Modric does are create, links attack well, assists the assister, he also tackles and gets his foot in, something that Modric does but is rarely credited for. positionally he's very intelligent but most impressive of all his he is very comfortable at receiving the ball whilst under pressure, always showing for it).

Much, much more about him than Matic IMO. Whilst the comparison isn't obvious now I think he's end up more a Modric type player (the things he does that Modric does are create, links attack well, assists the assister, he also tackles and gets his foot in, something that Modric does but is rarely credited for. positionally he's very intelligent but most impressive of all his he is very comfortable at receiving the ball whilst under pressure, always showing for it).

Imagine if he turned out even as half as good as Modric.

Scholes without the finishing ability sounds like a realistic comparison in that sense.

Barca were animals in the first half, their pressing was murder plus they rarely gave the ball away!

Second half, much much better from us and even though it's only a friendly it is a good sign that they didn't give up and actually finished the stronger side.

Key to that was in the 2nd half Eriksen bossed it and was easily the best player on the pitch. Barca had a list of players out that is longer than my arm though but such depth it's scary. I bet we draw them in the CL!

Impressed with overall attitude of the team, Skipp looked good, Gazza is better than Vorm but we do look like we need some new faces. Injuries haven't helped as Winks, Wanyama and Foyth would improve the side let alone the semi-final boys.

Come on Levy, we can win the PL next season but Poch needs some reinforcements!
The Barcelona kids were motivated and caught us bit off guard. Fortunately we were able to get back after realizing wait a min WTF. Feel bad for Sissoko. Good lad. Hope it's not too bad of a pull.

Imagine if he turned out even as half as good as Modric.

Scholes without the finishing ability sounds like a realistic comparison in that sense.
Looks like Scholes taught him tackling anyway.
oliver_skipp_of_tottenham_during_the_premier_league_2_match_betw_581781.jpg

Skipp really reminds my of Vertonghen, body shape, way he tackles and passes, even goes on the odd run kamikaze stylee.

Foyth reminds me of Vertonghen. Skipp reminds me more of a Winks/ Modric/ Dembele hybrid. Nice and tidy, has a little bit of class in his feet and how he receives the ball and can drive past players when the gap is there, although nowhere near as good as the Moose can yet. I like his raw abilities from what I have seen so far

I like "highlight reels" that show one match rather than combos of best bits etc

He looks like he'll develop a better passing range further still and improve all over but he reminds me of Scott Parker tbh.

He even looks like a "hard" player. Certainly a big lad for 17 but his touches and use of short and long passing give me great hope for him.

If we have a 3 man midofielsd I certainly would be on the more pessimistic side of anxious if we started with him , Eriksen and someone else to help ease the load.

Hope if he's loaned he goes somewhere that will utilise him as a forward passing DM that press and move

Amos is one of those guys that has a knack for tackling. Some people it seems just know how to stick their leg in and come out with the ball.

His passing isn't bad but he often lacks the confidence to look over his shoulder as he's receiving the ball and he plays backwards/laterally when he has time to turn. Stylistically a Parker/Dier type atm.
Would love Poch to make him more Verratti/Wiegl.

His dribbling is decent. Physically very strong and wiry, can see why his loan clubs liked him.

Back
Top Bottom