Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, Dele came to us as a central midfielder. Broke into our team as a central midfielder and got into the England team as a central midfielder.

Him being deeper doesn't stop him from scoring goals. The best part of his game is his movement. Running from deep, late runs in the box. Ability to use his creativity from deep, like we saw in his first season for us.

The most exciting thing about a Poch 433 is the unpredictability of the movement of our players. Potentially Dele, Eriksen, Lucas, Son and Kane all available for the ball. Every single of those works for the team.

Good post.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dele in a CM role with Lucas on the right.

DRYING-PAINT.2.gif
What’s it go up to? :crouch:

Well in the 3 pre-season games I've watched, we've played 4-3-3 in every one. If that is the formation Poch is planning on playing this season then I would say winger is probably the position we need someone in the most. If you think Alli, Eriksen and maybe even Lamela to be honest would play in a midfield 3 alongside a DM like Dier then that only leaves you with Lucas and Son as proper wingers. A 3rd one in there wouldn't hurt. Agreed that we need a CM but the interest in a winger might be coming from a formation change.

Fair enough, but I think a true CM is more important for this team. The Dembele role is vital.

We have the same amount of t.v. money as the rest of the club. We have money.

They all building new stadiums and giving their world class strikers a double your money pay-rise too?

I'm not suggesting we have nothing to spend, but beware succumbing to the denial & fake news crew, mate.

When you start filling in 2-3 starters with youth products I would consider that too much.

Something that we've never seen in a competitive fixture since Timbo fell out with all the grown ups.

Assumed it was hypothetical. Just checking... ; o]

Last edited:
The most exciting thing about a Poch 433 is the unpredictability of the movement of our players. Potentially Dele, Eriksen, Lucas, Son and Kane all available for the ball. Every single of those works for the team.
This. I feel like it will make our attack more dynamic and not sacrifice our defensive structure too much.

Back
Top Bottom