Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m still pretty calm about this window. At this moment in time I’m happy with the squad we have, and I’m excited about Lucas Moura and the new stadium. Said it before, but keeping things the same isn’t necessarily standing still. The longer this group of players stay together, the more the collective understanding will grow.

Yeah I’d like a better alternative to Llorente, and I wouldn’t say no to a high quality CM, but I don’t look at our squad and find myself panicking. Lucas Moura, with a few months of getting up to match fitness and gelling with the squad under his belt, will (as the cliche goes) be like a new signing. I’m convinced of it.

I’ll start to worry if we see any combination of Alderweireld, Dembele, and Rose leave.

It's almost as if Poch and the players we have are pretty damn good.

Our squad is really good. But we could also really use a signing in CM.
Letting Toby sit around to possibly rot and cause problems in the squad would be unwise imo, but hey, the window is still open and perhaps things will be done about it.
Here's to hoping.

I’m still pretty calm about this window. At this moment in time I’m happy with the squad we have, and I’m excited about Lucas Moura and the new stadium. Said it before, but keeping things the same isn’t necessarily standing still. The longer this group of players stay together, the more the collective understanding will grow.

Yeah I’d like a better alternative to Llorente, and I wouldn’t say no to a high quality CM, but I don’t look at our squad and find myself panicking. Lucas Moura, with a few months of getting up to match fitness and gelling with the squad under his belt, will (as the cliche goes) be like a new signing. I’m convinced of it.

I’ll start to worry if we see any combination of Alderweireld, Dembele, and Rose leave.

As it stands. Our line up and squad is (Assuming it's 4231):

Lloris; Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Dembele; Dele, Eriksen, Son; Kane

Bench: Vorm, Aurier, Alderweireld, Wanyama, Winks, Lucas, Lamela

Squad: Gazzaniga, KWP, Foyth, CCV, Rose, Sissoko, Amos, Onomah, Llorente.

It's a damn good squad. When everyone is fit. Still maintain that starting eleven is the second best starting eleven in the league behind City when factoring in they've played with eachother for 3+ years, have great team spirit, chemistry and believe in what their manager is doing and trust eachother.

Of course, we MAY lose Toby, Dembele and Rose (we may not). But if we can manage to add in a Grealish/Cook in there as a young player that Poch can mould into a star as well as another wide forward for when Son is missing, then it's even better.

I personally think people need to 100% stop listening to what the media are saying and just wait to see what happens.

As it stands this window is a farce
I fail to see how this is even a debate

But ofcourse if you dont blindly back every decision the club and manager make , your a shit fan or a gooner and want us to go out and spend 3 billion pounds on Messi obviously and don't understand that football isn't like fifa

I personally think people need to 100% stop listening to what the media are saying and just wait to see what happens.

What extraordinary level arrogance and condescension at play. The insinuation that these people are mindless drones duped by an agenda driven media whereas seemingly you have the neccesary intellect it to rise above this and see the true reality of the situation. Jesus and you wonder why people get pissed?

Good for you - most however will take the view that the current custodians of the club are accountable to the supporter base and not the other way around. This extreme defence irrespective of the circumstance is bordering on the absurd - we will have bad windows from time to time - which will warrant criticism but that does not automatically translate into wanting the board gone.
I had more fun in the bin....

This place was set up by a group who used to go and watch youth games on Tuesday nights down in Charlton, singing for 90 minutes just to support the club.
Then it became a podcast, next stop wank fan tv.
There are a large number of forum users primed for this new age of absolute shit support and you’re all fucking welcome to it.
Truely shit fans, who detest positivity.

Laughing at SC and RAWK like you’re any better....you’re an embarrassing mess.

You make supporting Spurs an effort, a horrible and tedious chore where people are constantly forced to explain why they are happy.

You’re one of a bunch of negative melting cunts who I hope never step foot in the Lane.
The irony is that 90% of the know it all cunts never have and never will.

I’ll be back to tell you I told you so, again, and rub your filthy entitled faces in OUR success..your not welcome to it, this club doesn’t represent you and you certainly don’t represent Spurs or its fan base.

You’re shit fans.

Enjoy slagging off everything every week, I’m getting back to loving everything about Spurs and that means not being around this online pile of fake shit that has taken over.

No spurs fan I have spoken to in the flesh over the last few months agrees with any of this crap spouted by cunts like you, and neither will the 60,000 singing their hearts out v Liverpool.

You can sit there fawning over Klopp and Kieta for that game, I don’t give a fuck, you’re not Spurs, you’re in it for yourself.

To all the good fans wasting your time on here.......get out and breath a sigh of relief, this place is like having a slab of concrete dropped on your head.
All good things come to an end sadly.....TFCs ship sailed when the mods bottled it and let the worst type of fan that exists take over.

I would say enjoy your window and season but hahahaha.......

Yeah, right.....that’ll be the day.

Fucking wankers

You judge a transfer window on the transfer window.

Not on new contracts signed. Not on the squad we already have. Not on the new stadium.

As a transfer window, this has been a disaster. Everyone will go on about the lack of buying, but even worse than that is the lack of selling. There is still a huge amount of deadwood in the squad, with many youth players who still have no idea where they stand. Is Onomah going to be here, sold or loaned? I honestly have no idea, poor lad.

I'll give Poch one thing, he's amazing at playing the fans. He gave you a glimpse of a bright future in the form of 17 year old Skipp and that's been enough for many of you to dismiss our current woes and act as if we need no one. On top of that he makes statements like, "They could play at Newcastle, I am brave" and many of you eat that shit right up. I'd be very surprised if either of them were in the starting 11. He's papering over cracks.

It baffles me that some of you are so arrogant you think top 4 is all but assured already. Woolwich and Chelsea will be vastly improved this season and finishing top 4 is going to be a struggle, that is the hard reality of our situation. We aren't a shit team, but neither are Chelsea or Woolwich.

This isn't melting, it's not emotionally charged, it's pretty objective. A transfer window doesn't always make or break a season, but I think everyone can agree that we're stronger with 1 good CM than without.

I still think we are working on deals that the ‘press’ are yet to pick up on.

You would think that with us moving into the last week of the window with no signings that the ‘press’ would be making shit up left right and center but it seems as if they’ve sort of given up.

Not even any loosely credible rumours doing the rounds atm

:sonhmm:

I find it more worrying that normally excellent upbeat fans like you have sucked into this whirlpool of negativity and fake news bullshit that everything’s shit.

Tiring to be honest, and by October you’ll be happily cheering on all the players you now think need replacing. Then in January all your anxiety will return, it’s just bizarrre.

Seriously, we just finished 3rd not 7th.
  • I'm not saying everything is shit, but I will lament a missed opportunity to strengthen the squad (if we do end up signing no one).
  • 'All the players I want replacing' is rather hyperbolic considering my desire is for the club to bring in a new CM (Dembele long term fitness being a worry) and a fast attacking player (ideally one that will be able to replace Harry up front at the end of matches or if he gets injured again... especially bearing in mind Son will miss some matches)
  • Yep, we finished 3rd - but aren't exactly acting like it. How many times have we been told that having CL football attracts a new calibre of player? Really taking advantage of that now.
Sorry, but I'm not going to play happy-clappy when I see our rivals objectively strengthening and we are neglecting to do so.
'A football hasn't been kicked' may be true, but one can still look at the transfers that have been done and make opinions based on this. Liverpool's signings should not be flippantly equated to Everton 'winning the transfer window' last year either.

I had more fun in the bin....

This place was set up by a group who used to go and watch youth games on Tuesday nights down in Charlton, singing for 90 minutes just to support the club.
Then it became a podcast, next stop wank fan tv.
There are a large number of forum users primed for this new age of absolute shit support and you’re all fucking welcome to it.
Truely shit fans, who detest positivity.

Laughing at SC and RAWK like you’re any better....you’re an embarrassing mess.

You make supporting Spurs an effort, a horrible and tedious chore where people are constantly forced to explain why they are happy.

You’re one of a bunch of negative melting cunts who I hope never step foot in the Lane.
The irony is that 90% of the know it all cunts never have and never will.

I’ll be back to tell you I told you so, again, and rub your filthy entitled faces in OUR success..your not welcome to it, this club doesn’t represent you and you certainly don’t represent Spurs or its fan base.

You’re shit fans.

Enjoy slagging off everything every week, I’m getting back to loving everything about Spurs and that means not being around this online pile of fake shit that has taken over.

No spurs fan I have spoken to in the flesh over the last few months agrees with any of this crap spouted by cunts like you, and neither will the 60,000 singing their hearts out v Liverpool.

You can sit there fawning over Klopp and Kieta for that game, I don’t give a fuck, you’re not Spurs, you’re in it for yourself.

Too all the good fans wasting your time on here.......get out and breath a sigh of relief, this place is like having a slab of concrete dropped on your head.
All good things come to an end sadly.....TFCs ship sailed when the mods bottled it and let the worst type of fan that exists take over.

I would say enjoy your window and season but hahahaha.......

Yeah, right.....that’ll be the day.

Fucking wankers

You clearly live in a warped revisionist fantasy land of make belief. Everything was all well and good when everyone just agreed with you and had your viewpoint right?. The level of narcissism at play is quite someting. Newsflash as long as there has been message boards there has been contrasting views- always ( and positive and negative is entirely subjective) , as long as there has been live games there has been different responses at the ground ( the notion that there is a uniform response at the ground is a laughable statement to anyone who attends games). So go on continue with your vitriol against supporters who dare to show even a modicum of concern, continue with your pathological support of a group of investors - you are after all thee ‘real’ supporter. What a tit.

Back
Top Bottom