Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oracle was the predecessor to Teletext - started on ITV then moved to Channel 4.....

Not that I'm a nerd or anything..... That's just a coincidence....

Oracle was actually a specific teletext system used on ITV/C4 (the equivalent of Ceefax on the BBC) - rather than being a predecessor to teletext.

Not that I'm a nerd or anything myself...although I do find myself missing the days of "watching" Spurs on page 303 of Ceefax, and trying to picture how the game was unfolding.

img_6864.jpg

We do have strength in the depth.

The problem is nothing to do with 'money' - but more to do with the fact that half of our squad got to the last week of the World Cup.

Have to disagree, can't see Llorente stepping up if Kane gets injured. Could say the same in a couple of other positions.

We do have strength in the depth.

The problem is nothing to do with 'money' - but more to do with the fact that half of our squad got to the last week of the World Cup.

True, but this issue with the returning players has been known for a month now. The problem could have been lessened by signing a player or two in time to be around for pre-season and then be an option to select against Newcastle next weekend. Now we're going to have to use youngsters who don't look even close to being ready.

Even Davies and KWP, that were very good last season, were utter shite this preseason, I really don't know what to expect from them. Only good players for me were Skipp and Lucas, Gazzaniga and Vorm worth a mention too, thanks to our shit defense.

Not much fun was it ?

Maybe it will give Levy enough of a shock to spend

Pulisic, Ndombele and Kovacic please Mr Levy....no twits !!!

Gotta love some of these melting cunts , barely a starter to be seen in this line up.

Yeah and these "starters" you refer to might not be around for our first game next weekend, meaning some of the players we're seeing here tonight might have to play. Don't know about you, but that worries me a lot on the basis of this performance.

Have to disagree, can't see Llorente stepping up if Kane gets injured. Could say the same in a couple of other positions.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Dembele
Son - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
Vorm, Aurier, KWP, Alderweireld, Foyth, CCV, Rose, Wanyama, Winks, Onomah, Sissoko, Lucas, Lamela, Llorente.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the depth. That's a pretty good squad to me.

If Kane gets injured or needs a rest, we're likely to play a free flowing front line of Son, Lamela/Lucas, Dele like we did when we smashed Bournemouth and Chelsea. Or we could play Llorente and I am sure we'd still get by.

I agree that adding a bit more quality in there would be nice. Wheedle out the likes of Sissoko and Llorente and replace them with another central midfielder of higher quality and preferably a wide forward who can also play up top.

We've learnt a few things in this game:
- Davies can't play CB (and more generally is shit at 1 on 1's)
- None of the academy players except KWP should be near the 1st team this season. Skipp will be in a couple years - Amos/Marsh et al are not good enough.
- Nkoudou shouldn't be at the club (if we didn't already know that)

Oracle was actually a specific teletext system used on ITV/C4 (the equivalent of Ceefax on the BBC) - rather than being a predecessor to teletext.

Not that I'm a nerd or anything myself...although I do find myself missing the days of "watching" Spurs on page 303 of Ceefax, and trying to picture how the game was unfolding.

img_6864.jpg

Used to get some bangers off of Teletext holidays , used to take a while cos it took an eternity for the page to change but never the less I once landed a week in Malta half board including flights with BA no less for £99.

True, but this issue with the returning players has been known for a month now. The problem could have been lessened by signing a player or two in time to be around for pre-season and then be an option to select against Newcastle next weekend. Now we're going to have to use youngsters who don't look even close to being ready.

or Poch and the players returning don't see coming in for the Newcastle game as a problem? Whilst it is likely match fitness won't be 100%. I doubt any team will be.

According to Sammy he'll score 20 goals this season

:harrylol::harrylol::harrylol::harrylol:
I’m really surprised with him.
I’d imagined he was a decent technical footballer.
In reality he’s no better than any Andy Carrol.
In fact Carroll is better.
Peter Crouch is better.
How many passes I’ve seen him misplace this pre season is unbelievable.
How many times has he lost the ball.
He scored two golas and then disappeared pre season, doesn’t seem to be near the box when we attack.

Back
Top Bottom