Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

#blatant!!!! So I'm in Girona and at La Fabrica Cafe in the old town, IT'S FUCKING 37 DEGREES and it 5PM!!!!!!!! Literally melting. Supposed to go out for a cycle 2hrs (but it was 38 degrees) ago but waiting for it to cool down but people saying don't expect it to drop bellow 33 tonight!! Feel sorry for those playing tomorrow night, doubt we will see much of a game. At least when your cycling you get a breeze.
GOMk.gif

Who else remembers when ths site was 'love the shirt' win lose or draw whether it was the U18, U23, Ladies or the first team?
Half the posters on here these days are a fucking embarrassment to the club.

I love this club, always will do.

This doesn't however mean I'm not going to get concerned when our club doesn't sign a single player all Summer and a week before the season starts we look like a mess.

Just because I love something doesn't mean I'm going to blindly agree with everything it does. That's not how it works.

What the hell is it with the cheap throwing around of this cliched 'melt' label on here?

I don't think most sensible folk are going over the top about a poxy, meaningless friendly result from our C team.

But, in saying that, it just heightens the annoyance and frustration that we haven't strengthened the squad. Exacerbated by the fact that Poch came out at the end of the season and said we were going to do things differently and not leave it to last-minute.com as always.

People are entitled to feel disappointed and let down by our lack of activity. We haven't even shipped out some of the deadwood!

Don't know why I bother watching these pre-season games. Utter waste of time, not even a new signing to have a look at.
Bring on the real stuff and make a fucking signing or two as the place needs freshening up regardless of how decent our squad is when all fit.

Lilywhite Rose‏ @lilywhite_rose
#thfc Development squad players, Shilow Tracey and Jonathan Dinzeyi are in the first team squad to fly out to @GironaFCpic.twitter.com/MSnzusxGoM

DjvjwRmXcAAaw69.jpg

DjvjxzkX0AAePnw.jpg

Just like new signings.

Shilow Tracey has been described as the Development Squad's answer to Sissoko, often played as an AM, but like Sissoko is versatile.

Jon Dinzeyi is a relatively (for a young man) big unit of a CB, has had a decent season (and went on last year's US tour without playing), but possibly less well regarded by youth watchers than Japhet Tanganga, TJ Eyoma (who put in a very mature performance against AC Milan) and the year younger Brooklyn Lyons-Foster who are all CB's.

Oracle was the predecessor to Teletext - started on ITV then moved to Channel 4.....

Not that I'm a nerd or anything..... That's just a coincidence....

Oracle was actually a specific teletext system used on ITV/C4 (the equivalent of Ceefax on the BBC) - rather than being a predecessor to teletext.

Not that I'm a nerd or anything myself...although I do find myself missing the days of "watching" Spurs on page 303 of Ceefax, and trying to picture how the game was unfolding.

img_6864.jpg

We've learnt a few things in this game:
- Davies can't play CB (and more generally is shit at 1 on 1's)
- None of the academy players except KWP should be near the 1st team this season. Skipp will be in a couple years - Amos/Marsh et al are not good enough.
- Nkoudou shouldn't be at the club (if we didn't already know that)

Who else remembers when ths site was 'love the shirt' win lose or draw whether it was the U18, U23, Ladies or the first team?
Half the posters on here these days are a fucking embarrassment to the club.

Oh do bore off with you're high horse bullshit!!!! No one here is moaning just because the academy boys lost today. We are frustrated and angry because our fucking bald idiot of a chairman has once again left us ill prepared with 6 days to go until the season. We have World Cup boys that probably won't be ready, but it's ok we got Luke Amos to step in. It's a shambles!!!

What the hell is it with the cheap throwing around of this cliched 'melt' label on here?

I don't think most sensible folk are going over the top about a poxy, meaningless friendly result from our C team.

But, in saying that, it just heightens the annoyance and frustration that we haven't strengthened the squad. Exacerbated by the fact that Poch came out at the end of the season and said we were going to do things differently and not leave it to last-minute.com as always.

People are entitled to feel disappointed and let down by our lack of activity. We haven't even shipped out some of the deadwood!

Only a gooner or unbeliever would say that - I’ve got your number.

Back
Top Bottom