Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Toure still available on a free?

giphy.gif

Oh do bore off with you're high horse bullshit!!!! No one here is moaning just because the academy boys lost today. We are frustrated and angry because our fucking idiot if a chairman has once again left us ill prepared with 6 days to go until the season. We have World Cup boys that probably won't be ready, but it's ok we got Luke Amos to step in. It's a shambles!!!

Melt

What if a League Two club wants one or two of our players but Pochettino thinks they are better than League Two level so rejects the offer? Or the players feels his development would be better at the club?

We're not 100% sure what goes on. I believe the loan system runs up until the end of August, so I assume if we loan it'll be after the 9th August deadline once we know the situation with our squad.

as you say no-one knows what goes on at the club, but having been involved with boys football I have an idea of how local clubs work, once you have the eye of the academy manager its hard to be dropped,
when they play 6th form school matches few dominate games as you would expect a kid who has been at an academy for 8-10 yrs should do
once these lads get to 17-18 they need to play against men so they can learn to skills and tricks they will need

Before the World Cup though, for all the club knew England and Belgium could both have gone out early.

This situation has been known for a month now. Plenty of time to have signed a couple of players to ease this problem. If we're selling Toby, we could have signed his replacement who'd then be an option to use next weekend. Same with Dembele. The fact that we haven't means we now might need to start someone like Amos in CM who isn't ready. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at a club as good as ours.

This situation has been known for a month now. Plenty of time to have signed a couple of players to ease this problem. If we're selling Toby, we could have signed his replacement who'd then be an option to use next weekend. Same with Dembele. The fact that we haven't means we now might need to start someone like Amos in CM who isn't ready. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening at a club as good as ours.
I think Amos looks tidy to be honest.

My house? Sorry, no, but if youre in the area theres an upstairs room for you

:eriksenlol:
nu son for some reason seems to think Griezmann is god (all sensible people know it's Kane). Planing to take him there for a game sometime. You mean your room is up for rent?

nu son for some reason seems to think Griezmann is god (all sensible people know it's Kane). Planing to take him there for a game sometime. You mean your room is up for rent?
Not really mate, plus I live 50 km from the city in a sleepy village!
Happy to help if you need suggestions on best places to stay in town, eat & drink etc.

I've not been to the new ground yet, supposed to be very nice, although its way out of the centre in an area with no bars nearby.

Not really mate, plus I live 50 km from the city in a sleepy village!
Happy to help if you need suggestions on best places to stay in town, eat & drink etc.

I've not been to the new ground yet, supposed to be very nice, although its way out of the centre in an area with no bars nearby.

Ok, will check with you when it happens. His only twelve app the bars still have to wait some years.

He didn't tonight. No-one knows these players better than Windy and he thinks Amos should be looking for a League 1 loan move for the season. Says it all really.
I didn't watch it, so I can't comment. Amos was the senior midfield player tonight though, against the Girona first team. That is not the same as being the junior midfielder in a 3 with Dier and Eriksen.

I didn't watch it, so I can't comment. Amos was the senior midfield player tonight though, against the Girona first team. That is not the same as being the junior midfielder in a 3 with Dier and Eriksen.

Dier hasn't returned for pre-season yet and might not be ready to play Newcastle. Eriksen also wasn't involved tonight, for a reason we don't know yet, could be injured.

They are whining about a useless friendly that isn’t going to affect our season at all.
Whining about getting new signings even though with the way Poch works they wouldn’t even play till like September anyways. At this point I hope we don’t sign anybody so maybe these melts will say they are done and fuck off to another club.

It would almost be worth a mid-table finish to separate the wheat from the chaff on here.

I don't think the primary problem tonight was the youngsters per se, certainly not the the busy three in midfield anyway. I still like all three of them, and would happily see any of them in the first team rather than the likes of Sissoko.

Eyoma did get caught playing sloppy passes a couple of times, but learning curve and all that.

I thought the biggest issue, once again, was that the front three, Son/Moura/Nkoudou once again offered fuck all, poor movement off the ball and ability to hold the ball or do anything composed. Davies looked like he was wearing concrete boots.

Girona are busy fuckers, and set about us well, and the problem was there was very little outlet for our midfield, as Nkoudou, Moura and Son were invisible. Credit to Girona, the pressed us into mistakes and punished those mistakes.

The game just degenerated once the sub fest began. Never understand why managers do that.

Back
Top Bottom