Spurs vs Girona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_mf2kafjsm11qkysqho1_500.gif

tumblr_mf2kafjsm11qkysqho2_500.gif

Our squad is fine, when EVERYONE IS FIT.

At the moment, we have our injury problems and sadly our best players decided to go an extra week at the World Cup (I know, right? Shameful). It's not ideal.

I imagine most of them will play against Newcastle though. At worst, Amos MAY have to play alongside Eriksen and Dier in central midfield. With the best striker in the league ahead of him and one of the best goalkeepers and defenders in the league behind him.

When did I say we don't need to spend?

You'd love for us to lose on the opening day wouldn't you? Just to say "I told you so" to everyone who has been comfortable up to this point.

Why would I want us to lose ? I want our club and levy to show a bit of bloody ambition for once. Going into the season with 6 days to go and not making 1 single reinforcement is shambolic. Even more so, with the fact that our World Cup boys might not be fully ready come Newcastle. But it's ok, it's just 1 game ain't it? It's an utter shambles, no matter how you try and sugar coat it.

Lilywhite Rose‏ @lilywhite_rose
#thfc Development squad players, Shilow Tracey and Jonathan Dinzeyi are in the first team squad to fly out to @GironaFCpic.twitter.com/MSnzusxGoM

DjvjwRmXcAAaw69.jpg

DjvjxzkX0AAePnw.jpg

Just like new signings.

Shilow Tracey has been described as the Development Squad's answer to Sissoko, often played as an AM, but like Sissoko is versatile.

Jon Dinzeyi is a relatively (for a young man) big unit of a CB, has had a decent season (and went on last year's US tour without playing), but possibly less well regarded by youth watchers than Japhet Tanganga, TJ Eyoma (who put in a very mature performance against AC Milan) and the year younger Brooklyn Lyons-Foster who are all CB's.

Ones to watch then...

looks like 433 :

Vorm (C),
Aurier, Eyoma, Davies, Georgiou,
Amos, Marsh, Skipp,
Nkoudou, Lucas,
Son​

Subs : Gazzaniga (GK), Whiteman (GK), Dinzeyi (CB), Tangana (CB/LB), Walker-Peters (RB/LB), Bowden (DM), Maghoma (CM), Tracey (AM/utility), Llorente (striker)

Same CM's as v AC Milan where Skipp and Amos made a very good impression, shame Walker-Peters isn't starting, he was MOTM v AC Milan.

A few comments on subs (I commented on Dinzeyi and Tracey on previous page)

Good to see Japhet Tangana on the bench, very decent CB although slightly shorter than most, hope he gets some minutes would rate him similarly to Eyoma who looked good v AC Milan.
Jamie Bowden is a similar player (and about same age) to Oliver Skipp and has done well for u18's whilst 17 year old Skipp was playing in u21's last season.
Paris Maghoma (brother of Jacques and Christian) is a CM, he's a bit inconsistent but when playing well is very good.

Looks like those injured on US tour are either still injured on being rested.

Remarkable that none of those players who played for England, Belgium or France are included, I guess all 8 have only had a day or two back - so no warm up games before Newcastle for them.

I guess the positives of these games is that Poch can see things like Davies not being able to play centre half in a back four. Better off finding that out against Girona and Roma as opposed to competitive opposition.

I remember when we had Fryers and Livermore at centre half against Monaco in a pre-season friendly once.

Funnily enough, Kane scored that day.

that is just awful, none of these lads in defence are worth giving a few minites in EPL
they ned to ask Poch if they can go out on loan to learn their trade

You can't expect spurs to have strength in depth with the money they spend. Simple as.

We do have strength in the depth.

The problem is nothing to do with 'money' - but more to do with the fact that half of our squad got to the last week of the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom