Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again who the fuck was surprised when we all said Kane etc would be knackered after the World Cup, low and behold they are! They had no rest at all, Why the outbursts, the guy just had a kid too he was bound to be totally off the boil

There is nothing to talk about, he will get his eye in

The fact we were winning 2010 CL games with Hutton and BAE should show everyone how performances of full backs will never be the main determinant of a teams success

Yeah but didn’t you hear? Dier is a robot and just plugs himself in at night to recharge.

Pooor poooooor Dele and Kane though, they are just SHATTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose is getting better and better so that means Davies should go back to Swansea because now he’s shit too.

All the while spurs sit 4th having won 5 from 7 and a whole 4pts behind the BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD (who aren’t even top)

Yeah but didn’t you hear? Dier is a robot and just plugs himself in at night to recharge.

Pooor poooooor Dele and Kane though, they are just SHATTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose is getting better and better so that means Davies should go back to Swansea because now he’s shit too.

All the while spurs sit 4th having won 5 from 7 and a whole 4pts behind the BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD (who aren’t even top)

Stop you freakin hyseric bullshit and take few Xanaxes or smth.

Dier was absolutely awful yesterday. Such sloppy passes and lack of real pressure on opponents is inexcusable.
Yes. Harry Kane is absolutely intouchable. He has been top scorer (or near it) in EPL for years, and even during this season he has scored 5 goals within 7 games. It baffles me if there is any Spurs supporters that cannot understand his role/position/statue in the club.

What baffles me almost as much is how anyone could be surprised if the weakest link in our starting XI's gets the most critique. I mean, if he has the lowest "ceiling" then it is very logical and intuitive that people say that they would drop him, rather than Kane or Eriksen, whos "ceiling" towers way above of all alternatives we have in squad. How would one expect it to be? Maybe you would be happy if all members here would paraphrase Cato the Elder's famous qoute as the end of every single post and say "Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Kane/Eriksen/Alli should be dropped" ? Would that give you a good night sleep? :)

Stop you freakin hyseric bullshit and take few Xanaxes or smth.

Dier was absolutely awful yesterday. Such sloppy passes and lack of real pressure on opponents is inexcusable.
Yes. Harry Kane is absolutely intouchable. He has been top scorer (or near it) in EPL for years, and even during this season he has scored 5 goals within 7 games. It baffles me if there is any Spurs supporters that cannot understand his role/position/statue in the club.

What baffles me almost as much is how anyone could be surprised if the weakest link in our starting XI's gets the most critique. I mean, if he has the lowest "ceiling" then it is very logical and intuitive that people say that they would drop him, rather than Kane or Eriksen, whos "ceiling" towers way above of all alternatives we have in squad. How would one expect it to be? Maybe you would be happy if all members here would paraphrase Cato the Elder's famous qoute as the end of every single post and say "Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Kane/Eriksen/Alli should be dropped" ? Would that give you a good night sleep? :)

So you agree with me but want an argument about it

Again who the fuck was surprised when we all said Kane etc would be knackered after the World Cup, low and behold they are! They had no rest at all, Why the outbursts, the guy just had a kid too he was bound to be totally off the boil

There is nothing to talk about, he will get his eye in

The fact we were winning 2010 CL games with Hutton and BAE should show everyone how performances of full backs will never be the main determinant of a teams success
Sammy doesn't think players can ever be tired. According to Sammy, if you ran a marathon yesterday, that is proof you are fit and ready to run one today.

Sammy doesn't think players can ever be tired. According to Sammy, if you ran a marathon yesterday, that is proof you are fit and ready to run one today.

Marathon?
Who ran a marathon yesterday?

I’m talking about players playing football for an hour and a half a couple times over a week.
I could even pull that off.

If they are fatigued, why are they getting fitter with no rest. Kane looks better and better each week......is he on drugs?

Nope. I geniully do not get what you are going at with comments here.

What I said is that it is totally reasonable for the weakest link getting most critique.
You were... melting about Dier getting unproportional amount of stick, as far as I could understand.

Ahh I misread....you think out of form players should be dropped, but not Kane or Eriksen.

What do you feel about Kane being dropped for the midweek game against Watford? I thought that was perfect management.

Nope. I geniully do not get what you are going at with comments here.

What I said is that it is totally reasonable for the weakest link getting most critique.
You were... melting about Dier getting unproportional amount of stick, as far as I could understand.
He claims we are a better team without Kane and Eriksen because they're apparently out of form

But insists on playing Dier who's been in terrible form

:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

Ahh I misread....you think out of form players should be dropped, but not Kane or Eriksen.

What do you feel about Kane being dropped for the midweek game against Watford? I thought that was perfect management.

Yes, of course I liked that we played EFL CUP game without Kane. But I would not like us to play any decisive CL or EPL games to be played without him.
To proactively answer your question "why" -

BECAUSE NOT ALL COMPETITIONS ARE EQUAL.
AND NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE EQUAL.

Like already mentioned - Kane is head above any other options. No one from our squad will reach level of in-form Kane.
Dier is not head above others in CM. Rather he seems to be most limited player from our starting XI. So yes, here could be double moral - I could support keeping "not in form Kane" to remain in starting XI and at the same time I can support dropping Dier when he is out of the form.

Also I can support resting Kane in EFL game as this is not among most important competitions for us.
And at the same time I can stand against leaving him out of the squad (btw, your crusade for dropping Kane seems bit strange since he still has scored 5 goals with 8 games he has played up to now, hardly too bad of a return) for more important games.

Nothing is absolute and my decisions are based on situation specifics. 30 degrees of Celsius can be freakin hot for weather outside, but at the same time it is really cold for being sauna, you know...

So....when you said he was “untouchable”, you meant he can be dropped?

Yes. For less important games. Also giving rest FOR LESS IMPORTANT GAMES is significantly different then dropping him from starting line ups in most important games.
But given your ability to pick one sentence just underlines my point that you are not able to grasp context or relativity of various factors. So I see absolutely no point with further argumentation. Go on, have your last word and live happily ever after :)

Yes. For less important games. Also giving rest FOR LESS IMPORTANT GAMES is significantly different then dropping him from starting line ups in most important games.
But given your ability to pick one sentence just underlines my point that you are not able to grasp context or relativity of various factors. So I see absolutely no point with further argumentation. Go on, have your last word and live happily ever after :)

I pick out sentences that nullify your arguement....

"He´s untouchable......unless I think he should be dropped. But not you.....you cant say which games he should be dropped for. Its only ok If I say it, and when I decide"

Thats basically your stance and you´re too blind to even realise it.
So I couldnt less for the rest of your post because you´re incosistent and its impossible to debate.

I've had doubts about Dier for some time and this season he has been horrendous. No hiding from that reality. I want old Wanyama back instead to be honest.

Prob with this is:

1. Wanyama is a shadow of his former hights. Conversely, we know that ED, like Vic, has proven his capabilities in the past

2. We can only pick current Dier or current Vic OR pick on the basis of one or the other refinding their form.

We don't have the selective ability to drop Dier '18 in preference for Wanyama '16.

This is Poch's quandry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom