Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, just fook off, you are pathetic parody of yourself.
It is beyond me, how can it be needed to explain every obvious thing explicitly (I mean in your world every post has to be 20 pg long, because you would expect ppl to explain every detail in lenght).

Just like it has been said, it is different if you REST someone (and you REST best players in early rounds of EFL) and to DROP a player (let's say in EPL or CL game). Not using something in less important game does not make him any less untouchable.

What you have been banging here (and in number of other topics as well!) has been that we should bench Kane in EPL/CL games as well as he is out of form. It is substantially different.

Now, go on and rot in my ignore list, really don't have time to waste on person who just does not have basic understanding of ... well anything longer than 1 sentence. Pathetic troll.

Rested for a game is the same as dropped for a game. The player is not on the pitch.
Wrap it up in all the pretty red ribbons you want.....but "absolutely untouchable" still means he shouldnt be rested doesnt it

Good for them. Ive neve said said otherwise....just pointing out that poor form is poor form, and certain players dont deserve a pass and others slated.

Eriksen playing shit is not better than Dier playing shit

But it's not poor form with Dier. He's just not very good in midfield, and never has been. He lacks the skill set to be an elite CM. He can't move with the ball, can't receive it under pressure, doesn't have a 360% game brain, can't press because he has the turning circle of chieftain tank and is careless with the ball.

And Eriksen on an off day is definitely more use to us than Dier on a bad day, because he'll still keep doing basic things well enough and might still do the exceptional. Dier just ambles around doing simple things badly.

And Eriksen on an off day is definitely more use to us than Dier on a bad day, because he'll still keep doing basic things well enough and might still do the exceptional. Dier just ambles around doing simple things badly.

Are you saying that a poor player, playing poorly, has a bigger effect on the team than an elite player playing poorly?

The you must find Poch to be pretty incompetent for continuing to pick him, and you must find it remarkable that we finished 3rd twice and 2nd with a mid table DM in the side.

We finished second with Wanyama mostly playing in his place in CM and Dier playing more as a CB in a back 3.

I think if we'd had a proper, quality CM instead of Dier, we might have finished above Leicester and Woolwich in 15/16 and we might have finished above Utd in 17/18.

So, as much as I think on the whole, Poch is a great coach who gets a shitload of stuff right, I really think the whole Dier in CM thing isn't one of them.

Are you saying that a poor player, playing poorly, has a bigger effect on the team than an elite player playing poorly?

It depends on the player and circumstances. I'm not saying there's a hard and fast rule across all footballdom. But am I saying Eriksen on one of his bad days is more useful to the team than Dier on one of his? - Yes I definitely am, generally speaking.

But it's not poor form with Dier. He's just not very good in midfield, and never has been. He lacks the skill set to be an elite CM. He can't move with the ball, can't receive it under pressure, doesn't have a 360% game brain, can't press because he has the turning circle of chieftain tank and is careless with the ball.

He's not a ball-playing CM and never will be - he's a CB who can help out at CDM occasionally. Expecting a creative fulcrum between him and Wanyama is unreasonable

Rested for a game is the same as dropped for a game. The player is not on the pitch.
Wrap it up in all the pretty red ribbons you want.....but "absolutely untouchable" still means he shouldnt be rested doesnt it

I disagree with this comparison. A player who is dropped, will have to fight his way back in to the starting line-up for the matches following the one, he was dropped for. Whereas a player who is rested, knows that they will be starting the next match and can sit this one out, without knowing they will be in the line-up for the next match.

I disagree with this comparison. A player who is dropped, will have to fight his way back in to the starting line-up for the matches following the one, he was dropped for. Whereas a player who is rested, knows that they will be starting the next match and can sit this one out, without knowing they will be in the line-up for the next match.
You can be dropped for one game though

I liked Dier, especially in his first two years. He is tackling moving opponent left and right, and more often than not the timing is impeccable.
These past two years though, it felt like he is stagnated for some reason. Maybe cos he try to do too much rather than focusing on what he is good at.
A bad game is okay, i think we could even tolerated many bad games if it happen randomly every now and then. But he has been given all the time, playing almost every games.

Im curious about what Poch think of him in long term.

We really need to sort our midfield out.
Can Dier back to his best? Can Wanyama? How about Sissoko? Whether Winks can live up to the expectation. I put a lot of hope on Winks, there are glimpses of really good midfielder.

Or can we really plays Eriksen, Lamela, Dele on midfield? So far it doesnt look like it.
We really need to do something ASAP to stay competitive on the top.

Welcome back, sammy.

Over the summer, I said to my old man that if I had to spend another season watching Dier play in central midfield for us, if I didn't lose the will to live entirely, I might just lose interest in Spurs. That's how bad it is for me, sammy.

Welcome back, sammy.

Over the summer, I said to my old man that if I had to spend another season watching Dier play in central midfield for us, if I didn't lose the will to live entirely, I might just lose interest in Spurs. That's how bad it is for me, sammy.

That’s nice, I guess you are also in the camp that believes Kane playing like Rasiak as he was a few weeks ago is ok and a joy to behold though....

Because if a player is brilliant most of the time, that means when they are utter shite, they are still useful.

That’s nice, I guess you are also in the camp that believes Kane playing like Rasiak as he was a few weeks ago is ok and a joy to behold though....

Because if a player is brilliant most of the time, that means when they are utter shite, they are still useful.
No, I actually agreed with you about Kane. He was a like a drugged hippopotamus.

Back
Top Bottom