PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It just sets us back and leaves you with nothing left to say.

It would be worse if it were not all so predictable.

It's like the script is written, we know the outcome and yet we still use our collective energy hoping for a different ending.

A campaign of if only. The story of the last 3 seasons really.
Brilliant post mate..thats what I was trying to say..

To be virtually knocked out of the Champions League 3 games in is piss poor. Inter away and tonight's game and the lack of ruthlessness taking our 2nd half chances and game management ultimately has cost us.

That all important next goal to stretch the lead to two clear goals evades us again. Tempo went up a notch after they scored which disappoints as if we do that kind of thing earlier and not when we need to score and I think we'd be sitting pretty in this competition and possibly top of the league. Watford, Inter and tonight games we were up in and just didn't make the most of it. A huge shame but we put all of our attention on the league now, not worried about where things currently stand in the cups in the slightest

Wtf pissing about with the ball for long spells. Only 2-1 up, away and we play like it's 4 nil. Dunno why didn't take son off, switch Lucas, lamela on right.
At least only 1 game ban for the lush anyway.

shot ourselves in the foot really. Should have 6 points from our away games and have 1. Both from comfortable positions. Not much else to say really. Hopefully we draw the goons in the Europa

One thing that has stood out to me all season is that this team has become far too complacent, our performances are that of a team that feels like they don't need to put the effort in to win games.

Lamela has been one of the very few players that seems to be putting a real shift in and it shows, I wish the rest of our squad had the same guts and desire that he has.

This cluster fuck wouldn't bother me so much if I thought we might take the league cup seriously now but who are we kidding
We will throw that one away from arrogance too no doubt
Thats what im worried about too. If the spammers win then the joke is on us yet again about not winning anything, and we cant be having that.

We just aren't ruthless enough. Crazy how comfortable we looked at times but we don't seem to be able to turn that into a really matching comfortable lead.
Sooner or later we must be due to give someone a right battering though.
It would be incredible if that started on Monday.

Do you think that's it though - the players feel they've come as far as they're gonna come at Spurs and are now phoning it in?

I honestly don't know but we have looked a shadow of our former selves this season and something doesn't seem to be clicking

Something is not right. (even Poch had forewarnings abot their attutide pre-Watford). I'm not one of the transfers-brigade but things look a bit stale to me right now and this malaise has gone on too long now.Just hoping the new stadium gives a boost...

What a disappointment. So annoying when we had the majority of the play. Don't think I'll read any more on this thread, I don't need to feel any more depressed. Hugo needs to take a long, hard look at himself, we were coasting up to then.
I'm going to watch the soaps now on catchup to cheer myself up.

More entertaining on here :dude:

Most infuriating game all season. Ours for the taking but yet again shit defending let us down.

How have we gone from one of the best defences in the league to this shambles
Because we had Toby and Jan, and then Walker and rose at their best on either side. Hugo wasn't doing dumb shit every 3rd game and Wanyama and Dembele were at their best in front of them. Since then, Walker has pissed off and left the decent but less-capable tripper in his place; rose has always been injured or out of form, same for wanyama; Hugo does dumb shit more often; and Toby, Jan and Dembele are older and injured half the time. Remember that we bought in Sanchez who is grouse and aurier who looks like putting it together and then gets injured for 3 games. We're going to need an overhaul of that whole area of the pitch very soon and if we don't spend a lot and spend it well, this team could be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom