PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are done in this competition . 2-1 loss . It’s the Europa for us , which if people are honest , that’s are level.
We actually stand a chance of competing in that , could even win it .

Europa League is our level? In the last 12 months we've beaten Chelsea at Stamford bridge, Man United at Old Trafford, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund home and away, got through to the last 16 teams in Europe & drawn with Real Madrid as well as Juventus away. Europa League is our level?

Top 6 every season for the last decade near enough in the league and top 4 finishes in 5 of those seasons, not to mention the 9 World Cup semi finalists, two of which won prestigious accolades at that tournament it still needs to be said apparently and it still isn't seen as progress! We absolutely warrant our place as a Champions League team, we are a Champions League team and if it wasn't for a slack five minutes away from home which, unfortunately happens in what is an absolute pig of a group with Inter being away first, a depleted team vs Barca at home, Messi now getting injured home and away vs Inter I genuinely think we'd be in cruise control going through to the knockout stages. It's an uphill task but achievable.

Regardless, I find it astounding that you class us as a Europa League level team. Incredible that any Spurs fan would genuinely believe that in my opinion

Last edited:
I2cuvIc.jpg

With all our players back we have a chance of genuinely winning the europa . I’m actually kind of looking forward to it . We stand a great chance .

Cl forget it . We are just there to make the numbers up . Zero chance of winning it . Hence why I think europa is our level
Bill Nicholson would be ashamed of you

Sickened. Gutted.
There's no two ways about it, by the high standards we've set, we've been shit this season. It's just fact. I don't care about this 'best start to a PL season ever' bollocks. Aside from United, can anyone name one game this season in which we've actually played well? We've won games by scraping past turd by 1 goal wins and having a shit load of luck in those games to boot. Even Poch himself has said we need to fight against the perception that the wins have given, and that we haven't played well. There's just no drive in the team, no fire. We take the lead and we just revert to this lax passing, trying to "manage the game" when we simply do not have the midfield talent to do this. Tonight we had the attacking talent to take PSV apart, but whilst we had chances there was no real desire to score and finish them off. If this was last season or the year before we would have won this game 3/4-1, I'm convinced of it. There's just no energy or zip about us this season. We look a stale team that have gone way beyond our ceiling.
We're crying out for a freshening up so loud it's deafening. I really hope we regroup and continue to pick up results and ride it out, but anyone who isn't even slightly worried about how this season is going to pan out just is just kidding themselves.

Don't forget people it is an early kick off. My boss came in this morning saying I could leave early. I was slightly concerned until he mentioned our game.

We are done in this competition . 2-1 loss . It’s the Europa for us , which if people are honest , that’s are level.
We actually stand a chance of competing in that , could even win it .

I honestly fucking hate you. You're not spurs. You're a fat fucking cunt and the best part of you ran down your mother's leg when you were born.

Cunt.

I'd bring Winks on for Dembele at HT to be honest.

Not because Dembele is playing bad (He's having one of his better games this season) but because he's on a yellow and the referee clearly has something against him. Plus, Winks' quick passing would help us going forward

Just watched the game again, for 90% we were feckin' excellent, just a couple of mental lapses, and one very bad decision, cost us ... no excuse we should have been out of sight long before Hugo's mistake ... I know there's a load of posters who love to glorify in our misfortunes but ...

No we weren't shit, no Poch hasn't lost it, no we're not going backwards ...

Disappointing, yup feckin' huge, not being in the CL last 16 will be a pisser, but let's be honest we were never winning it, the Europa League on the other hand is a trophy we could win ... look for the silver lining it will make your life so much better ....

To be fair I see his point. I totally agree with you that we are a CL team, however, are we a genuine contender when it comes to winning it. I think the two questions are quite different
Obviously you see his point, your entire existence on this forum has consisted of you predicting losses for us in match threads, then patting yourself on the back when you occasionally get it right

Back
Top Bottom