PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd bring Winks on for Dembele at HT to be honest.

Not because Dembele is playing bad (He's having one of his better games this season) but because he's on a yellow and the referee clearly has something against him. Plus, Winks' quick passing would help us going forward

Need to up the sharpness. We could have been up 2-3 goals if only we were a bit sharper.

1-1 is better than being down 1-0 I guess but with how we dominate play we should be up by a few.

Also we need to cool Moose off

• Not Toby’s best game, even outside the goal
  • Feel bad for Sanchez who had played well and had a good goal taken off the board
  • Eriksen is a half step off the pace
  • Davies has lost his footballing brain over the summer
  • Trippier and Lucas pair well down the right
So much went against in that half. Need to go out and assert ourselves again. Feeling good, should be able to put another couple past them. They really haven’t been a threat outside of set pieces.

Isn't the rule not about the keeper, but about not being behind "the second-to-last defender"? I guess it could be offsides for that reason, but if so, it's completely against the spirit of the law, especially in a fucking set piece situation...

Oh well, at least we got one back the hard way.
Should be up 2-1 though...

My God - I've been getting it wrong for the past 30 years! I always thought it was the last defender regardless of goalkeeper!

So it's actually the second to last PLAYER - it's just that the last player is usually the goalie? Is that right?

Need to get Winks on there second half. Very ponderous through midfield and Dembele's doing everything. And their goal comes about because initially Dier is hiding from Sanchez and then reacts too slowly, when he's looking for an out, second time we've conceded a goal from exactly that scenario this season.

Back
Top Bottom