PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bingo. Hence why the linesman thought he was being a clever cunt in this clip:

Only he forgot about the whole 'you can't be offside in your own half' rule.
:vertna:

That was a fucking shameful decision and that ref should have been barred from ever reffing again. I'm still mad about it all these years later. Jan deserved that fucking goal.

When it comes to refs, we seem to get the absolute WORST luck.

Yet again a must win game and we find all kinds of ways to fuck it up. We are miles behind in Europe, PSV were a gulf away from us, yet we couldn't cope with them. Two monumental fuck ups, one by our suicidal captain.
I can't remember a year when we haven't been the architects of our own downfall in these competitions. Will we ever learn?
Three dead rubbers now to suffer in the Cl barring a miracle, and another chance to fuck up the Europa shit show.
And, no, it won't look different in the morning.

I'm still furious at our transfer dealings in summer 2016.
Back to CL football after 6 years and this what we sign - Sissoko, N'Koudou, Wanyama and Janssen:paulinhobored:

That's because our owners run this club like a business, their priority is making money before anything else, the only time they make half decent signings is when they are desperate, right now we are "comfortable" under Poch and making the CL every season and they are still making money from fans.

If we drop out of the CL next season I bet he will pull the chequebook out, this is Levy.

Completely missed the game (first time I’ve ever missed one of our CL matches). I’ve seen the score but can anyone tell me how we played? Unlucky again, or was 2-2 fair? Did Lloris deserve a red?

Haven’t even seen the goals yet.
Should have won comfortably. PSV were no threat. Gifted them the first, dominated the game. Lloris red card all day. Bottled it from late set play. A monumental cock up

We ain't winning the CL, so why the shit storm?
Fair enough.
So why put so much emphasis on qualifying for it in the first place??

So many people on here get mocked and shat upon for expressing their anger at our complete disdain for the domestic trophies.

Then loads more get ridiculed and shat upon for being angry when we limp lamely out of the holy grail that is the champions league for which we jettisoned the domestic cups to qualify for!

Some have compared our strategy to Woolwich. But you could say it's even worse. At least they've won a few cups.

We just seem happy to take the money and hope for the best.

If you can't understand or empathise with the frustration and anger shown by supporters on here tonight, then I'd seriously question your own passion and emotions.

This is football. For some of us Its a massive part of our lives.

Last edited:
Shame about the result but what an Epic away day. From the coffee shops to the bars Eindhoven is a great city. Also are support is awesome loads of us went with no tickets. COYS

Besides the new stadium, what kinda of motivation we can throw a guys like eriksen to renew and stay more years with us?

Well he was part of the team (and arguably at fault) that drew yesterday.........there always seems to be this bizarre assumption that our players are somehow removed from any failure and it's us that isn't doing enough

I think we're bang out of luck with Messi getting injured for both Inter games. All we can go is focus on PSV, do our part and hope that the entire sequence of events hasn't gone entirely against us. Playing Inter at Home first time around would have made a massive difference in my opinion but it's still all to play for
Scoring the 0-2 and even the 0-3 when we had the chances in Milan would've made a massive difference, still can't believe we got nothing from that one.

Back
Top Bottom