PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool, ManU, and Woolwich have shown over the last few seasons that it’s very unlikely to finish in the top 4 in the PL while challenging for the Europa League.

Luckily enough, we've proven it can be done.

"Fuck em all etc."

Our CL campaign comes down to two shit set pieces. The one against Inter and the one tonight. We should be able to defend those properly even with 10 men.

This is a strange season for many reasons and you can see that the players are trapped in a strange malaise just waiting for the stadium to be finished and the promised season to actually start.

To be virtually knocked out of the Champions League 3 games in is piss poor. Inter away and tonight's game and the lack of ruthlessness taking our 2nd half chances and game management ultimately has cost us.

That all important next goal to stretch the lead to two clear goals evades us again. Tempo went up a notch after they scored which disappoints as if we do that kind of thing earlier and not when we need to score and I think we'd be sitting pretty in this competition and possibly top of the league. Watford, Inter and tonight games we were up in and just didn't make the most of it. A huge shame but we put all of our attention on the league now, not worried about where things currently stand in the cups in the slightest

Correct.

Last season we had a harder group and flew high.

This season our balloon has had its air taken out.

And next we have a buoyant City - strewth.

You are right but we had one team to overcome to go into the next round.

I find the Champions League obsession a distraction but our failings this season are for me the basis of failing to improve in the summer.

No doubt at all.

Ref/Hugo/Toby....

Which signing would have voided that clusterfuck exactly?

Feel bad for Poch. The players really let him down again.

Disagree.

A good manager learns from his lesson against inter.
We were dominating and playing some really good football only to switch tactics and keep possession for the hell of it after going 2-1 up.

We can't defend 1 goal leads as proven previously so why not keep playing the good football and get a 3rd goal?

Another criticism is that ever since Poch has been our manager we have consistently conceded goals from crosses into the box, surely he has to have realised this and tried to fix the problem. Keep giving away stupid fouls.

Only person who let Poch down was Hugo.

A club of our resources should be reaching r16 of this competition at the very least.

Course. All is not lost. We just need to give it everything in the next game in Europe. Anything less then a win and focus on top 4. Hopefully this time levy actually has a new stadium and a budget to give his manager.

I agree mate, no excuse for our lack of activity, this is what happens when you do not put players positions under threat.

Tbh it's incredible that Poch even has them motivated whatsoever because modern footballers don't need many excuses to down tools.
I'm still furious at our transfer dealings in summer 2016.
Back to CL football after 6 years and this what we sign - Sissoko, N'Koudou, Wanyama and Janssen:paulinhobored:

Back
Top Bottom