Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The simple minded spam fans ( that's most of them) will be lauding it up, as they will have the biggest capacity in London.

Albeit it's not theirs, they don't own it, it's an athletics bowl not a football stadium.

They can't fill it now, so putting in extra capacity will just create more empty seats and further dilute their support with away fans in the home ends and more football tourists.

They have the owners they deserve

The simple minded spam fans ( that's most of them) will be lauding it up, as they will have the biggest capacity in London.

Albeit it's not theirs, they don't own it, it's an athletics bowl not a football stadium.

They can't fill it now, so putting in extra capacity will just create more empty seats and further dilute their support with away fans in the home ends and more football tourists.

And that's exactly why they are trying this. The owners are desperate to get the fans on board.

They have lied every week about the attendance figures and would continue to do so. It will be ages before they up it to 66k anyway.

And this proves your point.

Re: West Ham in Court of Appeal
by sxreject1 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Anything that means Spurs have a smaller capacity than us is fine by me
sxreject1

The naming rights? What would spam get out of this financially as they don't own the asset, they rent it out?

Given the laughs this stadium has given all of football, the dubious contracts to their rental agreement, the negative public opinion of how much tax payer money has been wasted, the fact it could be hosting championship football in a couple of years.....what brand will want to associate their selves to this tin pot outfit?

Aldi? Lidl? Cash converters? The caravan club?

And this proves your point.

Re: West Ham in Court of Appeal
by sxreject1 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Anything that means Spurs have a smaller capacity than us is fine by me
sxreject1

Tbf looks like that guy is getting lambasted for that....

"I'm not convinced that renting 66,000 seats in an unloved athletics bowl is better than owning 62,000 in a purpose-built football stadium, but we have to take our small victories where we can I suppose."

"****ing hell, have a word...

Proper small time mentality..."

"Really?
Another 'cup final' won by us."

:dembelelol:

Tbf looks like that guy is getting lambasted for that....

"I'm not convinced that renting 66,000 seats in an unloved athletics bowl is better than owning 62,000 in a purpose-built football stadium, but we have to take our small victories where we can I suppose."

"****ing hell, have a word...

Proper small time mentality..."

"Really?
Another 'cup final' won by us."

:dembelelol:

Tin pot club.

Always having to compare themselves to others. Sad mentality, they should seek professional help.

And that's exactly why they are trying this. The owners are desperate to get the fans on board.

They have lied every week about the attendance figures and would continue to do so. It will be ages before they up it to 66k anyway.
It will take 1.5yrs before they get to the 62,500. As for the 60k, it's also worth noting that they do not have the safety approval yet for the increase. This isn't a small hurdle, principally because of their fans being a major issue since they have moved in. The extra 3k seats has also cost them approx Β£200k on their annual rent. But they have now thought to be paying approx Β£3m pa which takes into account settlements for their other legal disputes (they filled many against LLDC).

The 66k will be way off into the future and there is no specified time. The reason? To take it to 66k will require building work, there aren't enough toilets for starters. No way will they be paying for them and no way will the LLDC, expect there to be absolutely zero movements in this area.
sows-ear-copy.gif

Spam was my first ever away game back in October 1970 for a 2-2 draw and Upton Park was full and bouyant (i think this was their record crowd at UP). Didn't miss many in the intervening years either when they weren't in the second division of course. 1975 league cup was a good night, their lights packed up and we beat them 2-0 aet. The 1980 league cup was lively shall we say as was the last time we played there. The rented bowl by comparison is just dreadful and the reasons for this are well documented. Ordinarily i would be sad that an English club had lost their identity but they have made themselves so hated with their obsession of all things Tottenham. I hope they get relegated soon and then go out of business and existence. A club that has never won the league, never, not even once, just never. And never will.

Spam was my first ever away game back in October 1970 for a 2-2 draw and Upton Park was full and bouyant (i think this was their record crowd at UP). Didn't miss many in the intervening years either when they weren't in the second division of course. 1975 league cup was a good night, their lights packed up and we beat them 2-0 aet. The 1980 league cup was lively shall we say as was the last time we played there. The rented bowl by comparison is just dreadful and the reasons for this are well documented. Ordinarily i would be sad that an English club had lost their identity but they have made themselves so hated with their obsession of all things Tottenham. I hope they get relegated soon and then go out of business and existence. A club that has never won the league, never, not even once, just never. And never will.

Only 13 messages in 6 years?? you need to become a regular Mate. I love the cut of your jib.

Why thank you Wilhelm, i will do my best to contribute. I may exceed 13 messages in one day if we are victorious on Saturday evening against the tin pots. COYS

Coulda sworn we had occasional visits from a bar-code called "The Fish" or similar....

Not you then obv.:freund:

Back
Top Bottom