Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, in other words, you're saying AVB is too hopeless to ever get it right?

no - thats what you said.
I was replying to a post that made too many assumptions, and ignored one particular issue that I think needs to be considered.
But to prove his hypothesis that it was down to the players return to fitness that was an issue, then seeing what the current team, if selected for its strengths, could achieve under alternative guidance would show that. Or not.

My personal opinion is that at the moment, AVB is out of his depth, not the players he has at his disposal. Whether Levy has the patience to let him work it out is the key issue.

We should have bust a gut for Capello

Or kept Redknapp

IMHO

Had Ade not been sent off, we would have completely dicked them, we were outplaying them everywhere, and our heads went down in the first half. Apparently we were much better in the second half (I actually did go to bed so missed it sorry Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante I guess my chronic illness makes me less of a fan than you.)

The unfortunate thing is Ade will be out for 3 games thanks AberdeenYid AberdeenYid for pointing that out, you really cheered me up :parker:

The bright side to this. The Goons now have a false sense of security, they really are pants and today flattered them.
Caulker, Benny, and Dembele will be back next week.
Lloris looked the real deal.
Sandro looked a beast.
Avb proved he was a forward thinking attack minded manager by going 3 4 2 in the second half.

We will still finish above them after we rape them at the lane.

Onwards and Upwards.

Much more impressed by him today than I've been before. Take the circumstances into account too and he can be very happy today.

AVB should take a chance on young Carroll. He can't be any worse than the pedestrian that is the other Tom. Was at a pro-Spurs pub watching the match and you should've heard the groans each time Huddlestone botched a corner kick.

I think what annoys me more about the sending off today is that we now have no Adebayor for 3 games, just as it looked like we were setting ourselves up properly, with great attacking intent and immense human dimension.

I've heard a suggestion before that any player who fails to get a corner or free kick past the first defender should lose a finger down to the next knuckle, yakuza-style.

Just putting it out there.

Had Ade not been sent off, we would have completely dicked them, we were outplaying them everywhere, and our heads went down in the first half. Apparently we were much better in the second half (I actually did go to bed so missed it sorry Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante I guess my chronic illness makes me less of a fan than you.)

The unfortunate thing is Ade will be out for 3 games thanks AberdeenYid AberdeenYid for pointing that out, you really cheered me up :parker:

The bright side to this. The Goons now have a false sense of security, they really are pants and today flattered them.
Sandro looked a beast.
Avb proved he was a forward thinking attack minded manager by going 3 4 2 in the second half.

Onwards and Upwards.

At last, some sense from a poor showing, yes, a poor showing against a team that we hate, and sometimes forget, especially with 10 men, I'm pissed, sorry, did I say that we had 10 men, did they have 11, did they, oh, I can't remember. Did we lose, what !, really, oh fuck. Do you know what ? I fucking love you, la,la,la,la. hold on I've just wet myself, ha, ha. I fuckin love Thursday afternoons, what, it's Saturday. Brilliant, we are playing the Goons today. Oh hold on, we ain't playing very well are we, I predict a 5-2 loss. You heard it here first. I'm here all week.
:avbfacepalm:

Have to feel for AVB after that outcome, he took the gamble and it was far from a poor display to be fair to him, the air was taken from our sails as soon as Adebayor lost the plot though, almost seemed as if he had to make the drama for himself, absolute bell-end. We played some decent football before that and had some good spells in the second half and we can take a lot from this result imo.

I'd love to see Tom Carroll get a run in the first team now, such composure on the ball for a young lad and has good movement and can also spot a pass. Brad back in goals next time, Loris look's a tad balmy and we already have one of those on our books, Dempsey once again proved he should be nowhere near a football pitch.

:avbcringe:

At last, some sense from a poor showing, yes, a poor showing against a team that we hate, and sometimes forget, especially with 10 men, I'm pissed, sorry, did I say that we had 10 men, did they have 11, did they, oh, I can't remember. Did we lose, what !, really, oh fuck. Do you know what ? I fucking love you, la,la,la,la. hold on I've just wet myself, ha, ha. I fuckin love Thursday afternoons, what, it's Saturday. Brilliant, we are playing the Goons today. Oh hold on, we ain't playing very well are we, I predict a 5-2 loss. You heard it here first. I'm here all week.
:avbfacepalm:

I have no idea what any of this means. :gylfi:

Sandro looked a beast.

Onwards and Upwards.
Lloris looked the real deal, are you fuckin blind

Lloris looked the real deal, are you fuckin blind
He made some cracking saves, and it was hardly his fault we went down to ten men. He didn't make any mistakes brad hasn't this season (Wigan anyone), and certainly made as many "world class saves" as Brad does.

What does Dempsey do?
He had a little to no impact on the game, he passes constantly to defensive minded players (5 passes to Huddlestone this game alone!) - he could still become good, he has 2 more matches before I call him shit or not.

Back
Top Bottom