Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dags-att-vaga-spela-ut.jpg

My dad left at half time, he told me he couldn't bare them gloating. I stayed right to the end and I thought to myself when it was 4-1 that I didn't care if this goes to 7 or 8-1, I just didnt want it to end. I was proud of our team and our fans in that second half. I was proud of Dawsons tackle on Walnutt, Sandros being his usual beast, Tom Carroll being as composed as ever in his first PL NLD.
I dont think our fans would have reacted like we did had there not been any 1882 events. The 5 or so minutes yid army was quality. Could you imagine if it was the other way round? They were 4-1 down at the lane with 20 minutes left and down to 10 men, there would be about 10 left in their end.

Whether you lot like it or not, unfortunately this result will fuck AVB up the arse. He needs more time, and players that play with a bit of savvy, without that, Levy will pull the trigger again, I hope not, but, I have been a supporter since 1972 and have seen it all before. COYS.
Levy would be a fucking twat if he pulls the trigger on AVB. HE got rid of Harry. HE chose AVB as the "upgrade". He needs to back him in January and give the guy a fucking chance. No more Mountinho last day deals. Levy must back his own bloody decisions.

Some people will look at the score and think we got trounced, but I don't think we did. I thought that was a decent performance with 10 men. Had Ade not have been sent off would we have one the game? Maybe but who knows.

I think AVB made all the right decisions throughout the game and we actually played with some pride and belief which we haven't see much of this season.

Ignoring the fucking annoyance of who we are losing too, this upsets me less than Wigan and Man City. At least we've had players who look like they are trying, that look hurt at losing.

Convinced we would have taken these cunts without the red card.

My take on yesterday, for what it is worth...

AVB
Pleased with the team selection. Think it is the team we have all wanted to see for a while. Shame it has taken this long to see it on the pitch. Hopefully we will now start when Lloris and Adebayor, when he is back from suspension.

Also, he made some brave substitutions at half time. Would never want us to start with 3 centre backs, but with nothing really to lose, at least he went for it rather than damage limitation. Just hope that he is prepared to make these sort of subs in the future rather than always playing it safe.

Adebayor
He could have won or lost us the game yesterday. He was the difference in the first 15 mins, and it was clearly fired up playing against his old team. This could have gone one of two ways... and it went the wrong way. Stupid stupid tackle near the half way line, and it was a red card. I had hoped that the ref would give him a yellow and final warning... but can't argue with the red.

Hoping he comes back all guns blazing in 3 games time.

Carroll
Didn't look out of place at all. He is clearly growing as a player and looked comfortable. Hopefully he get more cameo's in games this season, maybe a game in the FA Cup 3rd round. He could be a regular sub next season, and is actually looking like a Modric replacement in a couple of years.

Dempsey
Have to say, I was wrong when we signed this guy. I said if he had a latin name, Clinto Los Dempos, we would all have been pleased with him and the number of goals he scored last season. Sadly, I think those saying he was a mediocre player in our squad were right. It is like signing Saha... a squad player to fill a much needed gap after VdV left. He is still a good option from the bench, but I can't see him being here past next season.

Lloris
Could have done a little better on a couple of the goals, IMO. But he had a pretty solid game overall and kept us from losing 7-2 with two good saves.

Gallas
Looked slow, tired. Yes has experience, but has been found out this season. Yesterday he should have been fired up like Adebayor... but he looked like tortoise.

Dawson
Pleased when he came on. I think he should start ahead of Gallas while Caulker and Kaboul are out.

Wilshere
Still a cunt

Jack Wilshere has called for patience from the Woolwich supporters as he continues to build up his fitness.
The 20-year-old has made three appearances for the Gunners since returning from a 17-month spell on the sidelines due to a stress ankle fracture.
Wilshere
spacer.gif
also made his England comeback in Wednesday's friendly defeat in Sweden,
spacer.gif
and although he is still short of sharpness the midfielder is delighted to be back playing for club and country.

He said: "I don't how long it will be before I can say 'I'm back.' I'm not really sure.
"This is my first long-term injury. We will see. I'm sure you lot (the media) will notice when I'm back to my best!
"I'm getting there. I don't feel 100 per cent yet and everyone can see that. I feel better and better as every game goes on.
"I need to get some games under my belt and properly get back into the swing of things.
"But it's great to be back. Seventeen months on the sidelines is tough for anyone."
Wilshere was happy to put trust in England head coach Roy Hodgson and Woolwich
spacer.gif
boss Arsene Wenger in determining how long he should play in Stockholm.

He said: "They know what they are doing. I'm sure they spoke before we met up and they reached an agreement.
"The agreement was the last 30 minutes and Roy gave me the last 30 minutes so I'm grateful for that."

:sandro: FINISH HIM

the worst thing about yesterday for me was seeing the team run out in black and grey.

the north london derby has always been about the spurs knights, noble and pure, donning their brilliant-white shining armour to slay the evil blood-red gooner dragon, that has left its swamp and traversed the river to grab our lands and ensnare our children.

but no. some cunt in marketing decided it would make commercial sense to expose the international tv audience to some dull, nondescript shirt, more appropriate as overalls for a crew of halfords mechanics.

the cunt probably commissioned some far-east marketing consultancy to establish that the chinese, korean, malay and indonesian markets are more likely to don grey-black leisurewear than white, probably something to do with taoist beliefs or feng shui, where white signifies mourning, withering or some such.

needlessly wearing the shit kit once against city wasn't enough; the colours had to be reinforced on consecutive weekends, in two high-profile games in order to maximise impact on kit sales.

cunt. watch this.... then fuck of and die.

They can call us whatever they want.

They will always be South London cheating bastards who lied and bribed their way into the league in the first place and have absolutely no right to be in OUR North London .

Every derby we have my hatred for them gets a little more. Plus the more shit they give the more I love Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and the more I detest them.

No bothered who plays or who doesn’t. Let’s go toe to toe with these punks. This is Woolwich 2012/2013, there is nothing to be scared of. No RVP, Henry, Pires etc. Giroud & Podolski don’t scare me. The only team that can beat us on Saturday is ourselves.

Right attitude, right focus, pressing, passion. Easy.

My hopes for the game:

Sandro breaks Walcott in half with a neck-high, two footed tackle in the 4th minute, he get's a red card but Walcott is out for at least 2 years, in the meantime we are forced to play with zero strikers as AVB chooses to play 7 at the back, for the entirety of the game we are forced to defend as Woolwich arse rape us but fail to find the net. In the 93rd minute with the score somehow at 0-0 we have managed to get a corner from a 3 yard shot (Dempsey) that the Woolwich keeper turned over the bar .

The corner is floated in by Bale and Caulker rises above Koscielny and heads the ball toward goal, the ball hit's Jack Wilshire full in the fucking face and bobbles over the line. 0-1 to the mighty Spurs and Jack Wilshire is credited with the own goal, full time whistle goes and I've got an erection the size of a prize winning cucumber and AVB celebrates on the touchline by vandalising the visiting teams bench and throwing water bottles at Wenger and his staff.

It would be great if Woolwich had at least one perfectly good goal disallowed for offside in this scenario, but I realise that's probably not going to happen.

Mind the gap. :avbscream:

Back
Top Bottom