Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My take on yesterday, for what it is worth...

AVB
Pleased with the team selection. Think it is the team we have all wanted to see for a while. Shame it has taken this long to see it on the pitch. Hopefully we will now start when Lloris and Adebayor, when he is back from suspension.

Also, he made some brave substitutions at half time. Would never want us to start with 3 centre backs, but with nothing really to lose, at least he went for it rather than damage limitation. Just hope that he is prepared to make these sort of subs in the future rather than always playing it safe.

Adebayor
He could have won or lost us the game yesterday. He was the difference in the first 15 mins, and it was clearly fired up playing against his old team. This could have gone one of two ways... and it went the wrong way. Stupid stupid tackle near the half way line, and it was a red card. I had hoped that the ref would give him a yellow and final warning... but can't argue with the red.

Hoping he comes back all guns blazing in 3 games time.

Carroll
Didn't look out of place at all. He is clearly growing as a player and looked comfortable. Hopefully he get more cameo's in games this season, maybe a game in the FA Cup 3rd round. He could be a regular sub next season, and is actually looking like a Modric replacement in a couple of years.

Dempsey
Have to say, I was wrong when we signed this guy. I said if he had a latin name, Clinto Los Dempos, we would all have been pleased with him and the number of goals he scored last season. Sadly, I think those saying he was a mediocre player in our squad were right. It is like signing Saha... a squad player to fill a much needed gap after VdV left. He is still a good option from the bench, but I can't see him being here past next season.

Lloris
Could have done a little better on a couple of the goals, IMO. But he had a pretty solid game overall and kept us from losing 7-2 with two good saves.

Gallas
Looked slow, tired. Yes has experience, but has been found out this season. Yesterday he should have been fired up like Adebayor... but he looked like tortoise.

Dawson
Pleased when he came on. I think he should start ahead of Gallas while Caulker and Kaboul are out.

Wilshere
Still a cunt

Are you high right now?
attachment.php

Heard an interview with AVB today where he said we were in control from the first minute to the last.

Made him sound like a total fucking retard. What game was he watching? I don't think we deserved the humping we got, but we were not remotely in control after the red card.

Heard an interview with AVB today where he said we were in control from the first minute to the last.

Made him sound like a total fucking retard. What game was he watching? I don't think we deserved the humping we got, but we were not remotely in control after the red card.

Said it before that doing it on the pitch far outweighs saying the "right" things to the press. I dont think it was AVBs fault yesterday, but Im amazed how many people still swoon over the fact he said "we", just after "we've" been mullered by some relegation fodder, with 7 defenders on the pitch.

Yet last season, after playing some absolutely sensational football and playing some team off the pitch, people still found time to get angry over Arry's post match interview.

You can sing a Lady Gaga song for all I care, as long as you are playing your strongest 11, in their best positions.

Puts on kevlar. Awaits hysteric "AVB OUT-HARRY IN" accusations.

As much of a cunt Wilshire is, thats not actually the issue I have with him. The biggest issue I have is that he JUST ISNT THAT GOOD.

FFS, Am I the only one who doesnt think he isnt the second coming of Messi?

Made him sound like a total fucking retard.
What interview are you talking about? The one he gave after the match? He didn't say anything like it. He just said that he felt they still had a chance even after they were down to 10 men.

As much of a cunt Wilshire is, thats not actually the issue I have with him. The biggest issue I have is that he JUST ISNT THAT GOOD.

But he's English!!!!! That means he is amazing!!!! The next David Beckham!!!!1!!!one

He isnt the second coming of Messi, but you have to admit he's a little better than Jenas.

the worst thing about yesterday for me was seeing the team run out in black and grey.

the north london derby has always been about the spurs knights, noble and pure, donning their brilliant-white shining armour to slay the evil blood-red gooner dragon, that has left its swamp and traversed the river to grab our lands and ensnare our children.

but no. some cunt in marketing decided it would make commercial sense to expose the international tv audience to some dull, nondescript shirt, more appropriate as overalls for a crew of halfords mechanics.

the cunt probably commissioned some far-east marketing consultancy to establish that the chinese, korean, malay and indonesian markets are more likely to don grey-black leisurewear than white, probably something to do with taoist beliefs or feng shui, where white signifies mourning, withering or some such.

needlessly wearing the shit kit once against city wasn't enough; the colours had to be reinforced on consecutive weekends, in two high-profile games in order to maximise impact on kit sales.

cunt. watch this.... then fuck of and die.

What interview are you talking about? The one he gave after the match? He didn't say anything like it. He just said that he felt they still had a chance even after they were down to 10 men.
So, all the interviews he has given about the match happened after it, so I'm not entirely sure how I can answer your question.

In response to your statement, the interview I heard said EXACTLY what I initially stated, that he felt we were in control and the better team from the first minute to the last. It was his voice and my ears, so difficult to misinterpret what was said.

It even gave the radio station the excuse to interview Wenger next and read back the AVB section before encouraging a wee knowing chuckle from the cunt at AVBs completely mental assessment of the game.

I love the fact he went for it a bit yesterday, but saying we were in control and he better team after a complete fucking rinsing is laughing stock time.

See this third kit business? If anyone seriously thinks that wearing it was the worst thing about yesterday, I can only despair.

I personally think the worst thing was getting humped by a shower of complete cunts. Not being big on London Fashion Week, the type of kit we were wearing pales a bit compared to the result.

Back
Top Bottom