Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-11-16/Woolwich-v-spurs-team-news-worries-for-gunners/

Woolwich will assess the fitness of several first-team players ahead of Saturday's north London derby against Tottenham.
They include striker Olivier Giroud (hamstring/calf) and winger Theo Walcott (buttock muscle). Midfielder Mikel Arteta (hip) is another causing concern, along with full-back Bacary Sagna (leg), but goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny is close to a comeback from his ankle problem and could be included in the team for the first time since September. Midfielder Jack Wilshere will be available again after suspension.

:gylfi::lloris::gio::cliveallen::sandro:

#frenchjimmysavile

From that mail article....

Tottenham 1969-86 (854 apps, 39 goals)
I probably played more derbies than any other Spurs player. The strangest was when the great Pat Jennings - who played for both clubs and was then with Woolwich - was given the red book at the end of a game for This Is Your Life. It had to be secret so no one could tell him. Some of us from Tottenham were invited to travel on the Woolwich bus to the studios. The Spurs fans were making their feelings known to the visiting bus as it left - until they saw some familiar faces on board - one being me. It was a special event to go to, but if you were a Spurs fan you'd probably think we shouldn't have been on that bus! I got in the team under Bill Nicholson and he was the type who would pull you up if you drove a red car or had a red coat. If an office lady had a red coat, he'd make her life a misery. If there was a speck of red in your tie, watch out. I got the message. There's more respect between the two clubs than some other derbies. After my heart problems I had messages from Woolwich fans, which was particularly nice.

I remember saying the last match at theirs was the biggest league game against them for a long time, avoid defeat and I'm sure we would have finished third. I now think this game is bigger, if for no other reason than we have lost three of the last four but more so because winning would do our confidence no end of good but lose and I think the confidence that has slowly been eroding will take a long time to recover from.

AVB has to play a deeper line and he has to drop Dempsey. The goal at Old Trafford aside he has not made any impression on the side, last week was one of the worst performances by any player in a Spurs shirt I have seen. I know I might get mocked for this but Falque has shown more in his handful of games than Dempsey, and Sigurdsson surely deserves a chance in a more advanced role, but for me, I would have little hesitation in starting Adebayor in a deeper role behind Defoe.

I think we need not to lose as silly as that sounds.

The high line though - thats going to be one way we can stifle their midfield passing game, if we drop off too much they will totally boss the game imo.

I'm getting a wee bit excited. The pub/restaurant I'm going to I've only been to once to watch football It was Woolwich vs. Blackpool (6–0), and I was supposed to watch Spurs play Stoke on my laptop. The pub's wi-fi didn't actually work, so I was forced to watch Woolwich while Spurs played out of sight. Spurs won 2–1, though, which is a far more likely result for tomorrow than 6–0.

The pub, btw, is named after Stendhal's novel Le Rouge et le Noir. One might think it bad going to a pub with the colour red in its name for #ScumAway, but I think it's just a hoodoo we're going to have to break.

Simply put, the two keys will be moving Vergtonghen back to the middle and having Dembélé back. Everything else will sort itself out.

:lloris:​
:walker: :gallashmm: :vert: :naughton:​
:sandro: :dembele:
:lennon::adeohshit::balelol:​
:defoe2:​
This should take care of business. Else I'd consider moving Adebayor up front and slotting in Sigurðsson. Though I wouldn't particularly like it.​
Hm, maybe Caulker is a better bet than Gallas. I think AVB still favours the veteran, however.​
Fuck me, Dembélé is still out? Maybe we'll see 6–0 after all. I'm quitting football.​

I'm assuming they will be full-strength, (Wenger always seems to play the: "Yez, zey are all dead... oh no, hang on, zey're all fit again" card pre-match... sneaky CUNT!) whereas AVB will be scouring the away-end at midday asking if anyone's brought their boots... anything less will be a bonus!

Right, fuck this shit... let's not allow the 3-2 away win there a few seasons ago become the 'LEGENDARY ONE OFF EVENT OF CHRISTMAS DVD'S FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS... we need to beat these cunts on a regular basis... even though we've beaten them a few times recently, it STILL seems they have the upper hand when it comes to the NLD... I dunno why, maybe it's an inferiority complex they've subliminally managed to instil into Spurs fans down the years... that needs to change... and when better to start that mind-shift, than TOMORROW!

COME THE FUCK ON YOU SPURS!

This game loosens my sphincter like no other, I am normally a wreck by the time kick off arrives.

I can see a marginal (and probably undeserved) defeat on the cards here, and the worst part is how smug those cunts become in the face of all evidence supporting the fact that they are a vacuous, plastic, sham of a club.

I like to 'hate' as much as the next man, but their fans just make me want to take it up a notch from 'hate' to 'harm' sometimes.

I would happily concede 4th place to everton or west brom if we turned over Goon central and finished below us in the league. But that's just me.

article-2233668-160B7D16000005DC-283_964x427.jpg
Surely Woolwich could have found some English players to pose in the picture?

Oh wait...

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/tottenham-and-Woolwich-fans-ready-for-post-derby-melodrama/

This guy always seems to talk alot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom