Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did he get sent off before the 20th minute?

Agreed. Dempsey was the key to us having a go 2nd half. Could have been the man that opened the Scum up for Bale to square for Defoe to tap in the 3rd.

We'd have gone on to win.

I knew that was that the second he blazed it wide. Oh well.

Levy would be a fucking twat if he pulls the trigger on AVB. HE got rid of Harry. HE chose AVB as the "upgrade". He needs to back him in January and give the guy a fucking chance. No more Mountinho last day deals. Levy must back his own bloody decisions.
Agreed.

If last season's 5-2 beating saw us blow a 10-point gap, then QPR must really fancy their chances of overtaking us!

We made the shittest ArseAnal team look unstoppable... EVEN FULHAM managed to get a draw there at 2 goals down... we really are THAT WEAK MENTALLY!

AVB needs to grow up into the fucking manager we need right now, at 35/36, he's the equivalent of a 16-year old making his playing debut... we haven't got time to wait for him to mature... either he does it now, or we're royally fucked with pure inexperience.

cunt this shit...

(in the cold light of day, maybe I was being a little harsh!!)

The way Woolwich played today was insulting to the game of football. I'd rather lose than support a team of players who are constantly writhing around on the ground and playing it between their back four and keeper. Honestly fucking abhorrent. I used to respect Woolwich. We have a great rivalry, and they have had fantastic players. But not anymore. That was disgusting.

Levy will persist with AVB. Thank God for that.

despite the score I think the second half showed we have got a bit of the attacking verve back- AVB just needs to be a bit more confident and let them off the reins as he did today.

COYS

If last season's 5-2 beating saw us blow a 10-point gap, then QPR must really fancy their chances of overtaking us!

We made the shittest ArseAnal team look unstoppable... EVEN FULHAM managed to get a draw there at 2 goals down... we really are THAT WEAK MENTALLY!

AVB needs to grow up into the fucking manager we need right now, at 35/36, he's the equivalent of a 16-year old making his playing debut... we haven't got time to wait for him to mature... either he does it now, or we're royally fucked with pure inexperience.

cunt this shit...

Fulham had 11 men on the pitch...

Some people will look at the score and think we got trounced, but I don't think we did. I thought that was a decent performance with 10 men. Had Ade not have been sent off would we have one the game? Maybe but who knows.

I think AVB made all the right decisions throughout the game and we actually played with some pride and belief which we haven't see much of this season.

cunt this shit...
Ummm.......

Sarcasm I trust.

Fulham had 11 men on the pitch...

there is that... I just didn't wanna blame Adebayor totally for todays' shambles... but you do put a very good argument for it!

I'd have rather bring on 3 more defenders at 1-0 (and 10 men) and hold out... we may not have won, and it wouldn't have been pretty, but I doubt it would've finished 5-2... still, I'm not a manager... AVB is... if there were points given for making them doubt everything for 10 miutes, then we'd ahve had some at 71 minutes & 4-2... as it was, the result (unlike the 4-4 a few years back) was NEVER in danger.

as someone said after THAT game; "who needs a good manager, when you have a lucky one?"

there is that... I just didn't wanna blame Adebayor totally for todays' shambles... but you do put a very good argument for it!

I'd have rather bring on 3 more defenders at 1-0 (and 10 men) and hold out... we may not have won, and it wouldn't have been pretty, but I doubt it would've finished 5-2... still, I'm not a manager... AVB is... if there were points given for making them doubt everything for 10 miutes, then we'd ahve had some at 71 minutes & 4-2... as it was, the result (unlike the 4-4 a few years back) was NEVER in danger.

as someone said after THAT game; "who needs a good manager, when you have a lucky one?"
So, AVB gets bollocked by the fans every week for playing a defensive game and trying to protect a score line. We go three down and he says to himself, "fuck it, lets play the Spurs way and go for it" - and he gets bollocked.

The man can never ever win. :avbcringe:

Ummm.......

Sarcasm I trust.
pure, 100%!

don't get me wrong, I don't think Levy should be sacking AVB or any knee-jerk shit like that, but AVB REALLY needs to realise that an inexperienced manager is gonna get results like these more often than not...

Some say he got found out at Chelsea, I wanted to believe that was just a bad fit, and maybe he's more suited to Spurs in the long run... but we're gonna be mid-table by 4.45 tonight, so he's got a job on getting us to anywhere NEAR 4th at this rate... even Alex Ferguson would struggle!! ...thass all!

still, there's always the Europa!

Back
Top Bottom