Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This was far easier to take than February. Far more positive, I'm sure with 11 men we would have won the game. We were all over them and controlling it until that point.

Still totally fucking soul destroying though.

So, AVB gets bollocked by the fans every week for playing a defensive game and trying to protect a score line. We go three down and he says to himself, "fuck it, lets play the Spurs way and go for it" - and he gets bollocked.

The man can never ever win. :avbcringe:

But to be fair, I think at home to Wigan, SOME of the complaints were justified... (and we lost that too, so no wonder!) However, away at ArseAnal, and with a 1-0 lead, I'd given anything to see the remaining 10 men behind the ball, park the bus, piss 'em off and come away with 3 points... it's all about context!

Do we think Lloris is ready, I don't, another example of player power getting a "Start", I really think he had a shocker today, although it has not been picked up. Take a look at the replays, wow, not as good as his "agent says he is". That is not to say that he won't get better, but, please don't bleat about getting first team ops when you are Clearly not up to it at the moment. Brad will be back for the Spammers game, because, at the moment he is better. That is not a knee jerk, it is fact, look at the previous games. COYS.

Game was fucked as any decent sort of competition after the sending off. Shame we let Wankott score because 1-1 in the second half wouldn't have felt so bad.

Yes, we showed some pride and desire in the 2nd, but I wouldn't have expected anything else from a North London derby.

What really hurts is for 20 mins we saw a glimpse of what could be, AVB picked the right team.

Lloris must start regularly now IMO and Carrol deserves a chance to fill in alongside Sandro.

BTW totally agree with comments regarding the 3rd kit. It's a London derby, White v Red, no excuses.

Aw, just seen the AVB interview... and how proud he was of the team, and how it's 'easy to put 20 passes together and score against 10 men... a nice degree of sarcasm there!
He's only gawn and said all the right things and charmed his way back into my affections... the stubbly gorgeous Portuguese fucker!

still wouldn't have minded 10 men behind the ball for 70 minutes if it meant holding out for the win!!

I actually thought Lloris was quite good. Defence was shocking rather than him.

I think he looks a bit erratic. A bit too hyper, with no calming presence...its all too fast.

I dont see the commanding keeper that rushes out and quashes attacks, and I dont see this fast accurate distribution that we were led to believe he offers.

His kicking is poor from a back pass, and his throws generally just end up putting players under pressure.

Do we think Lloris is ready, I don't, another example of player power getting a "Start", I really think he had a shocker today, although it has not been picked up. Take a look at the replays, wow, not as good as his "agent says he is". That is not to say that he won't get better, but, please don't bleat about getting first team ops when you are Clearly not up to it at the moment. Brad will be back for the Spammers game, because, at the moment he is better. That is not a knee jerk, it is fact, look at the previous games. COYS.
Only his second PL game, a NLD, away, with ten men, and, part of the time, only three defenders in front of him.

Yet you want world class action in an instant? I thought he did perfectly well all things considered.

Why do we always seem to give ArseAnal the boost they need, JUST when they need it most?
Last season, a defeat for ArseAnal would've most probably spelt the end for the Wenger era... and today, another defeat and the natives would've been MORE than restless... so what happens when the Tottenham charity bandwagon comes strolling into town...? we give them a pair of consecutive 5-2 victories to really calm the nerves, and set them up nicely... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

If I genuinely thought breaking things would help our cause... I'd currently be living in a house full of rubble, and we'd be top of the league!

Certain aspects of Lloris were far better than Brad. I'd much rather have him sweeping up behind a high line as he did nicely a couple of times today, all be it one time the offside trap worked so it wasn't necessary. Brad would have allowed them to get a shot away.

We'll smash them at our place then overcome the ridiculous gap and finish a point ahead of them. Mark my words. This is real life.

I actually thought Lloris was quite good. Defence was shocking rather than him.
Vertonghen was ok. Gallas, for all his leadership skills is showing signs that his age is catching up with him. Naughten & Walker were shakey as well today IMO. But I don't think we really had any players who has a Mare. Even Ade, before the sending off, was pretty industrious.

Lloris's problem is he believes his own hype, got found out today, seriously out of position against a team that "Wanted it". He will come good, no doubt, but for now, shut the the fuck up, wait, and learn about, what is , the best football comp in the world. The French league is League 1 Championship at best.

Hugo wasn't that bad considering he shipped five. Saved a couple more on top of that.

We need stability all through the club, board, manager, tactics, ethos and especially the team where possible. Hugo is our number one for a decade now and he needs to keep playing to settle in to the defence and a routine. Constantly rotating such an important position is not going to help us short or long term.

Hugo is our number one for a decade now and he needs to keep playing to settle in to the defence and a routine. Constantly rotating such an important position is not going to help us short or long term.

I agree with that, but at the same time, he is not actually showing why he's better than Brad when he is picked

We where never going to win with 10 men for 70 minutes. What I will say is fucking Gallas can't be in the starting 11 anymore. I would rather have Naughton playing left back with Vertonghen playing centre back.

Oh and your'e a fucking idiot Ade!!

Back
Top Bottom