Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

kevin-keegan.gif

I have to agree with Dru, the problem (especially Sunday) is the inability to keep the football. We were in too much of a panic, the phrase "Hot Potato" springs to mind.

Unfortunately without Dembele we lack that cool head. With the current squad and injuries we are carrying there is no option but to play Huddlestone again, even though he was absolute pony on Sunday. Dempsey on the other hand should be dropped after Sundays display.

We can talk all we like about Ade playing in the middle, but it wouldn't work, he will overplay in the wrong areas, he will mis-time tackles and defensively will get caught out due to lack of positional discipline. It's not in his make up to play that deep.

I'm sick of hearing this "we should play 442" it's bollocks. There is nothing wrong with the system, it's how we implement it. If we went to a flat 4-4-2 we would lose Bale and Lennon getting forward as much. Having the 3 over the middle means they have license to get on.

I'm a huge believer in AVB and I really think he will get it right. Dempsey and Sigurdsson aren't AVB signing, I don't care if he was in charge when the deals went through, they weren't his.

He gives a shit, he's so hungry to succeed, he just needs time to get his ideas over, shape the side and add quality (not to mention getting players back fit!).

Saturday is a tough game to start introducing new faces, Falque, Townsend look decent enough, but they haven't got the characteristics to roll their sleeves up in such a fierce game. Tom Carroll on the other hand - Why not? I think it could be a game made for him. I bet he would keep ball better than Hudds!

Away from home, I'd go with Ade again. Brings a new dimension and will be a right handful for Mertesucker!

If Walker isn't fit then i'd think about using Gallas at full back, we'd have a strong back 4 their, plenty of experience and physical presence to deal with Gir*ud. I'm not a big Gallas fan and I'd have Daws over him any day of the week, but he will be bang up for it!

Time for Hugo too....

Lloris

Walker/Gallas Dawson Caulker Vertonghen

Huddlestone Sandro Sigurdsson/Carroll

Lennon Bale

Ade

There's a part of me that thinks this not going to be good game for us...

But there's another part of me that has seen Woolwich play this season, they're there for the taking.

1-0 Spurs. Ade winner in the 89th minute followed by a lap of honour with his balls out.

:adestare:

COYS

And when sky showed that cunt Campbell applauding the second goal I nearly smashed my tv.
How the fuck is he a fucking Woolwich fan when they play against us. We fucking gave that cunt a career. Fuck off an die

Look, we've lost the game. We will probably lose by a humiliating margin yet again and I'm going to spend the next seven days repressing the urge to stab certain colleagues in the eye with a biro. The only thing we can hope for now is that Wiltshire gets horribly injured.

Look, we've lost the game. We will probably lose by a humiliating margin yet again and I'm going to spend the next seven days repressing the urge to stab certain colleagues in the eye with a biro. The only thing we can hope for now is that Wiltshire gets horribly injured.

Didn't realise you worked with SammySpurs!

I think AVB is doing what he can to go for it. He has nothing to protect in terms of draw or win, so looks like he's just thinking "fuck it, I'm just throw what I've got at it". Quite refreshing to see (even if it is Dempsey).

At least we saw a glimpse of what Ade & Defoe together can do. Have to go 442 after Ade comes back.

Unless we can play a 572 instead. That might be cheating though.

I hope the players get AS FUCKING ANGRY AS I AM RIGHT NOW, and take it out on EVERY FUCKING TEAM BETWEEN NOW AND MAY...

FUCK OFF AND DIE A SLOW PAINFUL DISEASE-RIDDEN DEATH YOU RANCID ARSEANAL CUNTS!

YEAH, I'M SHOUTING!

We could end up in 10th this week...
Good. Our run to CL qualification will be all the sweeter.

Even after today, there's only three better, or as good, teams in that league than us. Man City, Utd, Russia FC. We can take the rest if we play with the fire we did today.

Back
Top Bottom