Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really understand this mentality, because when we play with Adebayor, he drops so deep anyway he may as well be a midfielder, there is nothing that Sig or Dempsey can offer that Adebayor can't.
Because imo midfield is Woolwich's strongest area at the moment, they will keep the ball for fun, Hudd will get the run around by Wilshire/Cazorla and Arteta and Sandro will have too much on his plate trying to close them down. Dont forget, players like Walcott come in easily too.
Add to that the anonymity of Dempsey and Siggy to an extend in 'dropping back' and I just just see us getting no joy there.
Sure Ade can drop back but does he have the discipline?

Because imo midfield is Woolwich's strongest area at the moment, they will keep the ball for fun, Hudd will get the run around by Wilshire/Cazorla and Arteta and Sandro will have too much on his plate trying to close them down. Dont forget, players like Walcott come in easily too.
Add to that the anonymity of Dempsey and Siggy to an extend in 'dropping back' and I just just see us getting no joy there.
Sure Ade can drop back but does he have the discipline?

I thought he had a great first half against City, troubled the midfield alot more than Dempsey did, and Dempsey was supposed to be the midfielder.

Woolwich may have pace in the middle but they have no strength, I think Sandro will be able to bully himself onto the ball with any luck.

And sure Hudd isn't ideal but what other options do we have at the moment?

I thought he had a great first half against City, troubled the midfield alot more than Dempsey did, and Dempsey was supposed to be the midfielder.

Woolwich may have pace in the middle but they have no strength, I think Sandro will be able to bully himself onto the ball with any luck.

And sure Hudd isn't ideal but what other options do we have at the moment?
Its not about pace, its about being able to keep, and move the ball quickly.

Its not about pace, its about being able to keep, and move the ball quickly.

Well back to the initial point, what can Dempsey do that Adebayor can't?

So far Dempsey has really underwhelmed me, but that being said, if he scores a winner against the scum I'll praise him like a hero :ossie:

Well back to the initial point, what can Dempsey do that Adebayor can't?

So far Dempsey has really underwhelmed me, but that being said, if he scores a winner against the scum I'll praise him like a hero :ossie:
Agreed,

I'm not advocating Dempsey over Ade by the way, just dont think either of them in that position are going to help us much.

Lets all think good, happy thoughts for a Dembele return. :smesh:

hello bains... found this...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SpursvArsenal.html

including the first match we played against the scum on Tottenham marshes... a match we won 2-1.

quite a difference between the 394 games there and the 250 I found - still, given the amount of times they've fucked about where they live and call themselves it's not surprising.

imagine the 144 unaccounted for matches weren't entirely official in some capacity.

from wot i can see on that site, the total matches played between spurs and that piece of dog shit club that has been soiling pitches in our part of london since 1887, is 249. The 394 you mention is the amount of goals scored against us.

Apparently Lennon and Defoe will be missing this game?

Anyone confirm this is bullshit?

I caught some shite on the radio today about Lennon not being available,
hopefully this was speculative bullshit.

:lennon:

It is so important the team explain to Mr Boas this is all out attack for 94 minutes

Tommy Carroll to play anyone? What do you think?

Can we recall Danny Rose just for the NLD?

Back
Top Bottom