Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree but I just get the feeling we will see the same as we did at City.

We've been good away from home this season, why would AVB change his approach? We are struggling badly with injuries so unless Moussa comes back and/or Hudd has an amazing game I just cant see us being able to 'take it too them' as much as I would like us to.

I'd take a point, we seem to have a nasty habit of kick-starting other teams seasons. If they beat us, they will be in love with Wenger and all will be happy and furry for them again.

I watched Woolwich play Utd the other week and thought they were frankly awful.

With the right approach I firmly believe they are there for the taking.

This being Spurs however, we will probably go and roll over to have our tummy tickled :avbshock:

I really hate these games... last season, we went there with the confidence that came with all that 'Mind the Gap' bollocks... and look what happened!
This season, we BOTH seem to be stuck in a rut... but you can't trust those cunts to be shit for long, so I'd imagine they'll get their season back on track before we do...

It could be messy... then again, it could be glorious... isn't THAT what Spurs are all about?? (or am I thinking of the Okey-Cokey?)

That game last season defined the rest of the season for each of us.

Had we won Woolwich (who were in terrible form and on the verge of collapse) would have sunk, we would have had an 11 point gap and 3rd in the bag.

Look how it turned out instead

Thats only half the story...I ended up getting absolutely hammered with an Woolwich fan I used to live with at Uni and ended up on stage at a Black Culture night in Leicester Square. :gylfi:
had to take the Monday off work with an absolutely horrendous hangover.

I really hate these games... last season, we went there with the confidence that came with all that 'Mind the Gap' bollocks... and look what happened!
This season, we BOTH seem to be stuck in a rut... but you can't trust those cunts to be shit for long, so I'd imagine they'll get their season back on track before we do...

It could be messy... then again, it could be glorious... isn't THAT what Spurs are all about?? (or am I thinking of the Okey-Cokey?)

They haven't really got anyone to come back from injury to improve their team though.........our reserves are shit but their entire squad seems substandard

FORGET IT: JINXED :harryfacepalm:

Freund - Spurs are closing in

Tottenham assistant manager Steffen Freund believes the club are close to bringing Woolwich's 18-year domination of North London to an end.

Spurs head to Woolwich on Saturday looking to extend the one-point gap that currently separates the two rivals, who sit in seventh and eighth in the Premier League respectively.
Freund in particular does not need reminding that the white half of North London has remained the unhappier section of the bitter divide since the 1994-95 season when Gerry Francis was in charge.
During the German's playing career at White Hart Lane, Woolwich finished in the top two every season and Spurs could do no better than ninth.
But Freund, who returned to White Hart Lane this summer to take on the role of assistant boss to Andre Villas-Boas, thinks things have improved drastically for Spurs since his playing days there.
"Spurs are really close to Woolwich," said Freund, who played for Tottenham from 1998 to 2003.
"We are definitely in a better position.
"In my time they used to be involved in the title race every year and we finished ninth or 10th.
"That has changed now. We are really close to our biggest rival."
Passion

This is arguably the first season in a while that neither team can consider themselves genuine title challengers.
That does not seem to have quashed Freund's passion surrounding Saturday's meeting at the Emirates Stadium, and the overall rivalry between the two sides though.
"It would be great to finish above Woolwich," said Freund, who played 120 times for Tottenham. "It would be a great experience for me too because it has never happened for me in the past.
"I can't wait for that game. It's a special game.
"There are only two of these games every season."
Despite his desire to get one over on Tottenham's neighbours on Saturday, Freund does not subscribe to the theory that Arsene Wenger's star is fading.
The Gunners have endured another miserable start to the season, but Freund still admires the Woolwich boss.
"He is doing a fantastic job," said the German.
"Woolwich have played Champions League every year and that is a lot of money for the club. That makes it a lot easier for them to buy players."

I think if we play 4-4-2 we will get murdered in midfield.

I don't really understand this mentality, because when we play with Adebayor, he drops so deep anyway he may as well be a midfielder, there is nothing that Sig or Dempsey can offer that Adebayor can't.

I don't really understand this mentality, because when we play with Adebayor, he drops so deep anyway he may as well be a midfielder, there is nothing that Sig or Dempsey can offer that Adebayor can't.

This is the ever revolving debate at the moment.

Id really love someone to tell me what Dempsey has been doing to protect Hudd and Sandro. Because all Ive seen is Ade infront of the CMs, and Dempsey is nowhere to be seen.

At least Defoe and Ade will allow us to get out of our own half.

This is the ever revolving debate at the moment.

Id really love someone to tell me what Dempsey has been doing to protect Hudd and Sandro. Because all Ive seen is Ade infront of the CMs, and Dempsey is nowhere to be seen.

At least Defoe and Ade will allow us to get out of our own half.

Sure Dempsey just needs Adebayor to play well :harrylol:
Then we'll see him banging in the goals

Back
Top Bottom