Leicester v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And not only when Leicester is involved! Can't stand the smarmy little wally!
Even when he played for us he was a miserable self entitled cock. I was at a dinner dance at WHL once (as you do) and he was standing on his own. The others were great especially Paul Walsh Paul Stewart and Erik the Viking that night. I think i drunkenly said something about a christmas tree in trafalgar square to Erik...very hazy memory that.

Even when he played for us he was a miserable self entitled cock. I was at a dinner dance at WHL once (as you do) and he was standing on his own. The others were great especially Paul Walsh Paul Stewart and Erik the Viking that night. I think i drunkenly said something about a christmas tree in trafalgar square to Erik...very hazy memory that.
Yes I used to go to those and most of the players were friendly enough. Lineker has always been up himself, you'd think that you would worship someone who scored a brace against Woolwich in a semi final. Talking about Erik, the first time I met him was in Peter Pan's playground in Southend a couple of months after he joined us. He was really friendly and when he posed for a photo, he crouched down a bit, as I only came up to his armpit. Lovely man, my third favourite player.

Yes I used to go to those and most of the players were friendly enough. Lineker has always been up himself, you'd think that you would worship someone who scored a brace against Woolwich in a semi final. Talking about Erik, the first time I met him was in Peter Pan's playground in Southend a couple of months after he joined us. He was really friendly and when he posed for a photo, he crouched down a bit, as I only came up to his armpit. Lovely man, my third favourite player.
Who’s your first?

How wrong you were. I was right as usual. Never use Disagree button again.

What the hell are you on about?!?
You did not prove absolutely anything. Stop floating your own boat.

What happened was - Aurier played yesterday after resting in midweek game and he got injured.

You did not say that "Aurier should not play against Leicester, because he is not rested enough". You said he could not play both games (vs Leicester and vs Barca), while in fact he picked up an injury after playing 1 game with sufficient rest has nothing to do with what you said. Before the game he had full week off. This thing could absolutely happen to anyone.
Previously this season he has played 2 games in short intervals against Woolwich and against Inter; also against PSV and against Palace. And there were no problems then.

For being friendly towards the fans during my time it would have to be Stevie P, Pat Jennings, Gilly, Squirrel Knowles, Martin Peters, Meat hook Naylor, Ralphy Coates, Alfie Conn, Mickey Hazard, Steve Archibald, John Duncan, Keith Osgood, Steve Sedgely, Graham Roberts, Paul Miller, Nayim, Pat Van den Hauwe, Walshy, Mabbs, Erik, Paul Robinson, Michael Dawson. Alcohol may have made me forget some but i have met all the aforementioned and they all struck a chord.

For being friendly towards the fans during my time it would have to be Stevie P, Pat Jennings, Gilly, Squirrel Knowles, Martin Peters, Meat hook Naylor, Ralphy Coates, Alfie Conn, Mickey Hazard, Steve Archibald, John Duncan, Keith Osgood, Steve Sedgely, Graham Roberts, Paul Miller, Nayim, Pat Van den Hauwe, Walshy, Mabbs, Erik, Paul Robinson, Michael Dawson. Alcohol may have made me forget some but i have met all the aforementioned and they all struck a chord.
Chrissie Houghton and Ray Clemence were ok too.

The who came 3rd in a 2 horse race stuff is the most ridiculous chant I've heard at football.

Winning the league is the thing to crow about, not a club who aren't even your rivals dropping points after you've already been crowned champions.
Nah, them singing to us you’ve won f**k all is worse

Bluedog

Sort yer mate out! :sonpoint:

Alright, Airfixx?

Difficult watch for me, yesterday, made no easier by it going exactly as I thought it would. We can scrape by without Vardy against most teams in the PL, but without him against the top 6 we're toothless.

You lot played well though - shame we couldn't make it more of a contest. we're in transition, doncha know.

Where do you think you'll end up this season? I reckon 4th, although of all the candidates I'd prefer you to win it.

The who came 3rd in a 2 horse race stuff is the most ridiculous chant I've heard at football.

Winning the league is the thing to crow about, not a club who aren't even your rivals dropping points after you've already been crowned champions.

Not once did I hear "we love you Leicester we do", or a song for any of their players, or manager, or late chairman, or anything about cheering their side on.

90 minutes about Tottenham not winning the league 3 years ago.

If there is 1 team I love turning over that’s not our direct rivals, it’s these muggy cunts Leicester. They seem to have some weird hatred and obsession against us. This was way before the title fluke, so god knows where it stems from. Possibly the league cup in the 90s? Anyway fuck off Leicester you irrelevant pricks!

Where do you think you'll end up this season? I reckon 4th, although of all the candidates I'd prefer you to win it.

We've been away from home for a year and a half, we took the heaviest beating from the World Cup of any team in the League, and we're six points off the top. We've got a run of games coming in the next ten or so with points to be had everywhere, signs are pointing to the NWHL finally getting ready, key players are finally getting heathy and in form (Son, Verts, Eriksen, etc.).

I concede nothing. COYS.

Billy Nic was an absolute gentleman too

Chatted to me and a few mates in the buffet car on the way back from Leeds in the 70s

Great bloke

Also bumped into Cloughie on a train around that time after we had stuffed Forest

He was half pissed but very funny and gave good banter
And bought us a round of drinks
Top bloke

Last edited:
Met Grobelaar once outside a bar in Stockholm. He was doing a talk there for a Liverpool fanclub.....we stood outside having a drink to escape the wankfest, and he came out for a fag.

Was hilarious when he found out we were Londoners, and a few of us were Spurs...said something along the lines of "thank fuck for that had to get away from them lot in there for a bit"

He couldnt handle all the "scousers" tugging him off

Ouch

Back
Top Bottom