Leicester v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

read my post, it says all I know about him

If you want to know something about me - it would be that I don't judge books by their covers.
Lineker’s cover is MOTD. That’s fairly obvious. The other stuff is up for comment. Just because he spoke to you without calling you a cunt, doesn’t make him a saint. He treats women pretty badly by all accounts.

Lineker’s cover is MOTD. That’s fairly obvious. The other stuff is up for comment. Just because he spoke to you without calling you a cunt, doesn’t make him a saint. He treats women pretty badly by all accounts.
out of curiousity - have you met him and spent any time talking to him - or is it just based on hearsay and what you see on TV?

out of curiousity - have you met him and spent any time talking to him - or is it just based on hearsay and what you see on TV?

DtahnOCWsAEdj-0.jpg:large

I met him he gave me an autographed photo of himself in different poses

I’ve never met him, but his cheeky chappie image grates with me at least. I’ve met Eric Cantona at my Aunt’s posh farm in Strasbourg and he was marvellous company. Decent stories delivered in a wonderful bass profundo, and not a hint of nasally, snidey backtracking a la Lineker. Cantona sells beer to adults, Lineker sells crisps to obese kids. Make your own mind up.

Yes I used to go to those and most of the players were friendly enough. Lineker has always been up himself, you'd think that you would worship someone who scored a brace against Woolwich in a semi final. Talking about Erik, the first time I met him was in Peter Pan's playground in Southend a couple of months after he joined us. He was really friendly and when he posed for a photo, he crouched down a bit, as I only came up to his armpit. Lovely man, my third favourite player.

Lineker is no fan of Spurs in my humble opinion.

read my post, it says all I know about him

If you want to know something about me - it would be that I don't judge books by their covers.
Nor do I. But have smelled enough cunts to know a cunt when I sniff another one.
Lineker is a prime cunt.
Love him up as much as you want.
He’s the bloke who earned a fortune with us & still enjoys putting the boot into us.
He is a greasy jug eared fuck. You carry on slurping up to him Mick.

Let's be honest. Plenty of people dislike him these days (rightly or wrongly) cause he's outspoken on Brexit. And for our fans in particular the Leicester season rankles. Personally I do think he genuinely cares about us as a club and looks out for us, we're just not his boyhood team and that's fair enough - let's face it, if any one of us made our breakthrough as a pro with a not-very-good Spurs team but then made the big time with Leicester for a few years, we'd still be Spurs fans for life. As for the other rumours I have no idea and frankly hadn't ever heard about it but the Brexit toxicity alone is more than enough to give people a reason to make things up.

And yet he will probably be one of the first people to get an freebie invitation to the opening of the new stadium because he presents as a "Spurs man"! (when he feels like it!) While some others who have been fans for life will not be given that chance!

And yet he will probably be one of the first people to get an freebie invitation to the opening of the new stadium because he presents as a "Spurs man"! (when he feels like it!) While some others who have been fans for life will not be given that chance!
I would be very surprised if he was invited. We’re clearly not ‘his’ club like we are to e.g. Ossie, Mabbutt, Dawson etc... it would be strange. Keep WHL for people who love the shirt. The way he openly wanted us to lose to Chelsea - when Leicester were clearly going to win the league anyway - was not on for me. He was an idol when I was a youngster and, at that moment, my love for him was shattered. Fuck Leicester. Hope they do a Blackburn.

Nor do I. But have smelled enough cunts to know a cunt when I sniff another one.
Lineker is a prime cunt.
Love him up as much as you want.
He’s the bloke who earned a fortune with us & still enjoys putting the boot into us.
He is a greasy jug eared fuck. You carry on slurping up to him Mick.
Why are you taking this attitude? I have one experience of meeting the guy and I repeated the story, what am I supposed to do, tell lies about it to people with your opinion of him, to make you feel better? Maybe if I spent time with him I might end up feeling the way you do, maybe I won't.
As for being pissed off at a guy who was born in Leicester, grew up supporting them, played for them for years not being massively pro spurs - if you had been picked to play for Spurs and then had 2 or 3 more clubs before you moved on to another job at the end of your career, who would you support - Spurs or the last team you played for?
I'm not fussed one way or another about the guy, so I don't need your obnoxious schoolboy shit shovelled at me just because I'm not prepared to talk about him with the same venom.

I don't have a personal opinion on Lineker one way or the other, but the way some seem to be so quick to hate the guy mystifies me, do you not remember the years when he was basically the only one sticking up for us on MOTD (whether sincere or not) while having to deal with the pathetically biased Hansen & Lawrenson every week?

Taking shots at the guy for him backing his hometown and boyhood club to win the league in 2016 over us when no-one in their wildest dreams expected them to is also quite pathetic.

Also I guess we'll just forget the 105 games he played and 67 goals he scored for us, including two in THAT semi-final vs. Woolwich huh?

I don't have a personal opinion on Lineker one way or the other, but the way some seem to be so quick to hate the guy mystifies me, do you not remember the years when he was basically the only one sticking up for us on MOTD (whether sincere or not) while having to deal with the pathetically biased Hansen & Lawrenson every week?

Taking shots at the guy for him backing his hometown and boyhood club to win the league in 2016 over us when no-one in their wildest dreams expected them to is also quite pathetic.

Also I guess we'll just forget the 105 games he played and 67 goals he scored for us, including two in THAT semi-final vs. Woolwich huh?
I guess that pretty much mirrors my feelings and sense of puzzlement.

He was a spurs man publicly whilst Leicester were scrabbling about in league 1 though.

I don't think the way Sky use Jamie Redknapp and Sounness as interchangeable Spurs reps helps.

He was just the same when I met him. Absolute love for the club. Enthusiasm like you wouldn’t believe. Absolute gent. Gave me 10 minutes of his time to talk about spurs & Ryan Mason just after he got injured. One of the nicest chats I’ve ever had. He is a bloody legend in my eyes
He was in bits when we put him up for sale, apparently. Not far short of a 10 yr testimonial, I'd have walked naked through a field of virgins for that.

Back
Top Bottom