Spurs vs Scum @ library || League Cup QF Wed 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched a japs eye emery press conference for the first time, by the looks and sound of it you could be mistaken for thinking that under the desk he had his trousers down having a dump...! Bizarre!

How would being the top of the woman’s game be harder than being top of the men’s game. Not aiming to be confrontational nor negative, but honestly would like to understand how it can be argued to need more dedication and commitment for her to succeed than a man.

I am not denying her success, ability or talents. But she has never played at the elite level of the game she is being paid to give an opinion on. equality should be diversity of opportunity, so where, for example, is the opportunity for a third division player to comment on tonight’s game. Or a second division player etc etc.

She is clearly, and eloquently, able to comment on what she was involved in, but what makes her more suitable for the pundit role than anyone who has been a professional within that field and within that level of sport ?

Suggestions of mysogyny are not necessary there is no evidence of that in this context.
I'm not suggesting you're a mysogynist mate, I despise that stupid kind of insult anyone you disagree with stuff. Just think that you're holding her to a standard that's physically impossible. It doesn't matter how hard a woman works, how dedicated or committed or talented they are, they will simply never be at the same standard as the top male footballers. From what I've seen Scott is a smart woman, she's very tactically astute at the game, she's simply held back by her inherent physical disadvantages - that doesn't mean she can't contribute in an analysis/hosting role. While a man with equal tactical astuteness, equal committment etc is a lot more likely to reach an elite level simply because he's physically stronger, faster and the like - it doesn't equip him to be a better analyst at all, as we've seen with so many great male footballers who've proven to be shit in the studio and in management.

Just back home after a very enjoyable evening. Awful stadium with dreadful acoustics but we made the most of it. They were so pissed off. Make no mistake: they wanted this win and are hurting badly. Stayed until we were kicked out. Walk up Holloway Road was hilarious. That’s why we go to games. Lots of ‘celebrating’ with the locals. Loads of wound up Gooners. Few lary ones got battered by the police. Then they let us into the Tube whilst the earlier departing Goons were penned back. Fantastic to see Poch put out a strong XI and our boys delivered. Dele is class.

What qualifies her to a) have a view on a game she has never played at that level. And b) why is it acceptable to say “we” when she is there to represent a broad opinion ?

With upmost respect, I don’t see ANY players who played their careers in the lower divisions on Sky TV giving an opinion on premier level games so why is she on there and they are not ? With upmost respect to women’s football it is absolutely not elite level. So why is she is on TV & given the platform she is? It utterly escapes me.
Christ. Get over it. Only ex MALE premier league footballers can be pundits? I think she is a great pundit. You can't handle her saying 'we'?? She is there as a football expert and a Woolwich fan. Hoddle says we all the time.

Wow guys enough of this Alex Scott nonsense. Who gives a shit about a bloody pundit tonight? We just beat those cunts on their turf for the first time in ages - revel in it! Glorious.

I'm not suggesting you're a mysogynist mate, I despise that stupid kind of insult anyone you disagree with stuff. Just think that you're holding her to a standard that's physically impossible. It doesn't matter how hard a woman works, how dedicated or committed or talented they are, they will simply never be at the same standard as the top male footballers. From what I've seen Scott is a smart woman, she's very tactically astute at the game, she's simply held back by her inherent physical disadvantages - that doesn't mean she can't contribute in an analysis/hosting role. While a man with equal tactical astuteness, equal committment etc is a lot more likely to reach an elite level simply because he's physically stronger, faster and the like - it doesn't equip him to be a better analyst at all, as we've seen with so many great male footballers who've proven to be shit in the studio and in management.
Absolutely fair enough mate. I do see the point you are making. Thanks for the reply.

Christ. Get over it. Only ex MALE premier league footballers can be pundits? I think she is a great pundit. You can't handle her saying 'we'?? She is there as a football expert and a Woolwich fan. Hoddle says we all the time.
I did not say only Ex Male premier league footballers. That was absolutely not the point. But it’s better to focus on the important things, you are right to say that.....

Ok she was there as a woolwich fan, I am delighted her fucking scum bag team lost.

I actually hope we don't. Chelsea will be entitled to 10% of capacity... so it'll either be 46k of our lot and 5k of theirs if it's reduced capacity or 81k of ours and 9k of theirs. The problem is that the extra 34.5k of ours will be a lot quieter than the first 46.5k. It'll be semi-plastics, tourists, and more irregular fans that fill the extra capacity... while 9k of theirs will be fucking loud.
Tourist here, but only because I live about 5500 km away.

Was quite disappointed with the lack of singing at Wembley when I went last August to see us play the Chavs. I chalked it up to my seat selection and the fact our season ticket holders were disjointed at Wembley.

I spent a solid 3 hours on YouTube learning songs, and you bastards sat on your hands all match.

:sonpoint: Kidding, I'm sure most of this lot lost their voices at the match

As fantastic as this result is, is there anyone else here who'd rather have won the league game and lost this one? If we'd have won last week we'd now be 11 points clear of them and 13 clear of Man Utd. Even this early in the season that would have been top four pretty much guaranteed, and much as it pains me to admit it, Champions League football next season is far more vital, than an outside shot at a minor trophy in this one.

Tbf, both Alex Scott and Jamie Redknapp are horrendous.

Both suggested an Woolwich win and at half time picked out Iwobi as the player of the half, who had been shocking and was turfed off shortly after.

Back
Top Bottom