Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, 70k a week is almost criminal.

And that shit right there - the post not the poster - is why this game is in trouble.
That someone who earns £70k a week for kicking a fucking ball about (100x what a skilled worker gets, 25x what the Prime Minister gets, etc etc) considers themselves underpaid - and sane people actually agree with him. It’s madness.
Don’t bother coming back to me with the economics of the business, I know all that stuff.
It’s just not right. Rant over.

And that shit right there - the post not the poster - is why this game is in trouble.
That someone who earns £70k a week for kicking a fucking ball about (100x what a skilled worker gets, 25x what the Prime Minister gets, etc etc) considers themselves underpaid - and sane people actually agree with him. It’s madness.
Don’t bother coming back to me with the economics of the business, I know all that stuff.

I’m not speaking for the poster, but I’m sure the inference is relative to football. For his ability and what his peers in other teams are paid, £70,000 isn’t a lot in this world.

Of course it is in the real world, but footballers and sports folk at the upper echelons of this line of work don’t live or operate there.

Players - and worse players - are earning more than him elsewhere.

tl;dr - I agree but football is mental and “we” need to pay him more.

70k a week is fine.

Charging 1,500 for a bog standard season ticket is criminal. And 400 pounds to be a mascot. Tight cunts.

As far as the press goes club is still in negotiation with the player. Meaning he is not asking to leave but I feel Levy is reluctant to offer lavish contracts before sorting out new stadium and securing revenues. For this same reason I doubt there will be any signing in this window which means 18/19 season spending is going to be zilch.
To be fair, 9 of the first team have signed new contracts/had contracts extended since the summer.

This is quite obviously a Chris issue and not an us issue.

If we were willing to give Dele a new contract we know full well we'd be willing to give Chris one.

That's from 2014, resurface today, sounds nuts. May be was to his girlfriend.

Yes but Eriksen has always said he's had a plan about his career. There was quotes going round when he signed for us about he wants to play in Serie A, La Liga etc. all before he retires.

I’m not speaking for the poster, but I’m sure the inference is relative to football. For his ability and what his peers in other teams are paid, £70,000 isn’t a lot in this world.

Of course it is in the real world, but footballers and sports folk at the upper echelons of this line of work don’t live or operate there.

If and when the Sky tv money machine goes tits up, there's going to be an awful lot of clubs that are gonna be fucked.
Maybe some other Tv company would step in, maybe not.

Eriksen is at that age where whatever decision he makes next will be probably the biggest of his career.

Essentially if he signs a new contract with us he will likely stay with us until his late twenties which would be too late for a huge move.

The question is with him, does he feel he can achieve everything he wants at Spurs? Does he have a dream to play for another club and the lure of that club (irrespective of our circumstances) would be too much for him to resist?

The reality is, we are a fantastic club to be at with a promising future but in terms of stature we have a way to go before we are mentioned at the same level of a team like Barca outside of just a few one on one contests when we “give them a good game”

The truth is, us losing Eriksen would be the biggest loss for our club at present, I also feel the same way about Toby but unfortunately it looks like he is going, make no mistake, either of these players leaving would have a negative effect of this squad and our league placement.

Eriksen more so than anybody though, he is a player that you simply can’t replace in the current marketplace (imo) unless of course we resigned Modric because he is the only comparable player in terms of quality.

But, whatever will be will be, we really cannot do anything about it and it’s out of our control and I wouldn’t harbour any bad feelings towards him if he left, like any career we all make decisions based on what we feel is best for us at that particular time.

Maybe he just feels the time is right to go? Or maybe he will sign another contract with us because he loves spurs and believes the rewards and feeling of finally winning something here will be something he can not replicate at another club.

Only time will tell.

Agreed but 16 wins equates to a huge win bonus no doubt.

Looking at Poch's news conference today, I am less than hopeful that Ericksen will stay. Don't know why, just a feeling.
IMO he is more irreplaceable than Harry, he's the one that makes us tick.

It's criminal in relation to his worth. It makes perfect sense, fuck off

Back
Top Bottom