Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of my favourite players to wear the shirt but he can’t keep up with the demands nowadays.

Let’s be honest, have we really missed him this season? World class on his day but he can’t do it consistently at his age with his injury problems.

Here's a question for everyone, who's more important to Spurs these days, Dembele or Sissoko? Sissoko's galloping emergence as well as Skipps few cameos gives us two players we never knew would be playing as big a part for us at the beginning of the season and as the journalist quoted in a couple of posts earlier says, Dembele has had 50 injuries major & minor over the last 8 seasons. Let him go, earn some wedge and thanks for the memories

Here's a question for everyone, who's more important to Spurs these days, Dembele or Sissoko? Sissoko's galloping emergence as well as Skipps few cameos gives us two players we never knew would be playing as big a part for us at the beginning of the season and as the journalist quoted in a couple of posts earlier says, Dembele has had 50 injuries major & minor over the last 8 seasons. Let him go, earn some wedge and thanks for the memories

Yes all fine but timing and replacement

Yes all fine but timing and replacement

Hand on heart we should sell if we are getting c£10m but the club really should be doing what they need to get a replacement in this window. I know Pochettino is adamant only the right player comes in or nobody at all but would it really hurt to get someone in knowing if it doesn't go well we can offload for a similar fee? I'm thinking Lobotka would be a smart little signing who fits the bill

Is that a question for between now and the end of the season?

Sissoko every single time.

He's fitter, quicker and can be relied upon for a start. Is he a better footballer than Dembele? Absolutely not. But we cannot keep hoping we get Dembele from 2015/16 back. He isn't coming back. He's probably capable of having a Juventus away in him from last season, but he's also capable of having a Watford away from this season in him too is such his bad hip and glass ankle.

Dembele has a had a good 6 years here. One REALLY great season (15/16), a great one (16/17), half a great one (12/13) and then others marred with bouts of injury and being unfit. I'll miss him in the sense that I'd pay my admission fee alone to watch him at his best but I doubt we'll miss him as a team. We've moved on. Points prove that.

Is that a question for between now and the end of the season?

Sissoko every single time.

He's fitter, quicker and can be relied upon for a start. Is he a better footballer than Dembele? Absolutely not. But we cannot keep hoping we get Dembele from 2015/16 back. He isn't coming back. He's probably capable of having a Juventus away in him from last season, but he's also capable of having a Watford away from this season in him too is such his bad hip and glass ankle.

Dembele has a had a good 6 years here. One REALLY great season (15/16), a great one (16/17), half a great one (12/13) and then others marred with bouts of injury and being unfit. I'll miss him in the sense that I'd pay my admission fee alone to watch him at his best but I doubt we'll miss him as a team. We've moved on. Points prove that.

I agree 100%. The emergence of Sissoko has come from the injury Dembele got a couple of months ago. Keeping Mousa adds depth I agree but he would spend his remaining days as a backup in my opinion and because of that and the hefty fee for a 32 year old with a dodgy injury record and fitness means I see the sense short, medium and long term for us to make this deal happen. Time will tell and it is a risky move but one I see the sense in

It’s sad. Dembele was untouchable but his injuries have caught up. We need to look forward.

We signed him for 15m and will probably sell him at 31 years old for 11m. He’s helped us establish ourselves as a top four team and I won’t forget that. Perspective.

Is there any reason why he couldn't have done a job in a midfield two with Sissoko and play better than the three we saw tonight?

Yes, I understand wages, age, form, etc. but it is one less option that someone like Dele will have to drop deeper to fill.

Honestly saddens me when midfield bosses like Sandro, Palacios, and the moose leave. Feels there was more potential.

I agree 100%. The emergence of Sissoko has come from the injury Dembele got a couple of months ago. Keeping Mousa adds depth I agree but he would spend his remaining days as a backup in my opinion and because of that and the hefty fee for a 32 year old with a dodgy injury record and fitness means I see the sense short, medium and long term for us to make this deal happen. Time will tell and it is a risky move but one I see the sense in

Other than the Eriksen Issue, Dembele is the most glaringly obvious replacement need in the team, given his age, contract and fitness issues. We needed a replacement for him anyway; getting 9-11 million quid for him in the process is a no-brainier.

mt7rh86j29921.jpg

Good luck Moose, enjoy the millions and the poor chinese trying to get the ball from you. He played about 250 games for Spurs if i'm correct, and some wonderful games in there and pieces of skill that are very rare to witness. I'll miss the counter turns and the beast power in tackles and duels.

Oh and the hate for Gooners and Wilshite, loved that.

His exit occurred not with a bang but with a whimper, he left like a thief in the night.

He deserved a more celebratory send off.

Goodbye Moose and thank you for all the glorious memories you’ll be missed.

Complete revisionist bullshit anyway - I can't remember any time we played Man U and Pogba outperformed Dembele. I do however remember us absolutely fucking them many thanks to Dembele, in the middle of that run where we we spanked about 4 top teams in a fortnite.

Remember when Pogba finished above Dembele in the league....

:gallashmm:

Selling him is the right thing to so but it's a shame that it's going to happen when his been injured for months and we don't get the chance to say goodbye.

Either way I'm grateful for everything he has done for us. His been a brilliant player and been a massive part of our recent success.

Absolutely gutted for him and for us as a club, it’s sad to see him go, he has been a huge part of our success as a club over the years and getting to where we are now.

I really wish there was something we could have done to help him get back to his best, we are definitely weaker for losing him and we really need to consider getting a replacement for him but the truth is, nobody in world football can really do what Dembele does at his best, he is unique as a footballer.

You will be missed Mousa, you deserved a better send off.

Back
Top Bottom