January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one who read that and doesn't think the title is particularly true?

Which is why Scott and John haven’t smugly pounced on it.
Because yet again, he says 5000 words that they are completely at odds with, and don’t fit in with.

Awkward times.

It really has reached the point where some fans need to make a choice. Back Poch, or turn on him.
If you don’t support the policy, you don’t support Poch and it’s as simple as that.

Pretending it’s Poch against Levy has run its course. We all know it’s a sham, and even those saying it don’t believe it anymore.
But they’ve made themselves look silly after blabbing it for five years so can’t really stop now.

It’s a horse noshers agenda if you will

Twitter is 96% bullshit 100% of the time
Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

"You know the most important is that we moved one step up. I remember when we arrived here, it was 'if we don’t play for the Champions League or we don’t achieve the Champions League, how are we going to keep our best players?'" he said. "How are we going to attract more players?

"Now we are there and now the question is, if we don’t win a title, how are we going to keep our best players?"

But Poch, we haven’t moved a step up. We haven’t improved. We’re just treading water and/or regressing. We were better two years ago, because the internet said so.

Pochettino appeared to have something he wanted to get off his chest and after asking his press officer if it was okay to extend his time with the media, he began a long and passionate monologue.

"Tottenham is a project that our ambition is to win. But the problem is to have the time to develop that project and to arrive in a moment where we start to win," he said.

No Poch, we have to win something this season or you will walk. TFC has read your thoughts.

“The problem is, at the moment the team needed the last push, what happened in this process, in this club, with this generation of player? We build, we build, we build but then White Hart Lane gone, we moved to Wembley. All the doubts about how we are going to behave, the example of West Ham first season and many things in this process that stopped the evolution of the team about to win. But no one says anything.

"Remember, we were unbeaten, 19 games in the Premier League, at White Hart Lane in our last season there. And no one say what it means to move to Wembley to play and create another project. But not only this, but we are going to play only one season and then it’s nearly two seasons and no one says anything.”

No Poch, I have been informed that playing away for two years doesn’t matter and we should be higher than 3rd, and the only problem is that we didn’t buy someone.

"When Woolwich moved after playing in Highbury, people talked about massive problems, they’re still paying, and Tottenham, with no history of winning…our glory, I watch the video about the glory [played before matches], it’s with Bill Nicholson. It’s black and white. And I watch it nearly every week and to create again that feeling you need time. Four years, five years, that’s nothing in the history of the club."

4-5 years!!!!!! Without a trophy!!!!!!!!!
FAILURE Poch. We have FAILED and it’s a disgrace that you have been shafted and now you want to leave.

"I want to win but to win is to be patient, it's to build, it's to feel the support, it's to keep going, it's to believe and when some disappointments happen, like last night, now, stick more with your principles, stick more with your conviction. That is the most important."

NO!!! The Chelsea game proved we need to change our policy. It’s not important to have principles.....doing it the right way...hehehehehe I’m giggling at that and mocking the fans that support the policy. But I LOVE you Poch, because you don’t believe ANYTHING you say, and you believe meeeeee. Meeeeee meeeee meeeeeeeeeeee.

Yes if Poch stays with us another 5 years I'm sure we will win a trophy. Hopefully his words are a sign he will reject any ManU and Real advances until then

Had a little chuckle when he talked about our glory days being during the black and white TV era:pochlol:

The sun report says we will pay PSG 20 mill for a player with 6 months left on his contract. Is this some sort of joke:levylol:

Also surely Rabiot will reject that because that is potentially 20 mill he can pocket if he waits till the summer and moves on a free

The sun report says we will pay PSG 20 mill for a player with 6 months left on his contract. Is this some sort of joke:levylol:

Also surely Rabiot will reject that because that is potentially 20 mill he can pocket if he waits till the summer and moves on a free
The problem will be the wages, and what it would do to our overall wage structure, not the fee IMO.

Hassenhuttl has admitted bigger clubs are looking at Hojbjerg. Never really got why any manager would admit to this sort of stuff...unless they're resigned to losing the player and trying to drum up bigger offers.

For those unaware of his situation prior to Soton, he was considered a huge talent, joining Bayern at a young age, but lost his way, seemingly, in part due to a poor attitude/too big an ego. Not entirely convinced he has the passing range and speed of thought for what we need. But I do love me the type who has the World at his feet, loses his way and finds back, as being made captain by both Hughes and Hassenhuttl would strongly suggest. Makes for the bar being very high in terms of what can be achieved in the right enviroment.

Highly combative, offers something both ways, and has proven himself (somewhat) in the PL seems like a Poch player to me. 23 years and by extension lots of resale value seems a Levy player to me. If Soton, as they've done before, will play ball at a reasonable price level, despite their current predicament.

The sun, reliable as ever, not.
Tottenham are finally ready to break their transfer duck with a cut-price move for PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

Believe it when i see it
I don't think we are his first, second or third choice mate I'm sure we all expect nobody to come in as standard so wait until summer for any activity.

Yeah I would think he must be on a packet at PSG can't see him settling for us.

Best as I can tell his current contract was signed in 2014 when he'd been around the first team for less than a year. Silly money at PSG or not, I don't think it's correct that his current deal is huge and an issue.

Only issue is what kind of money others are willing to throw at him, that we'd have to compete with (and how unreasonable his mommy is).

Best as I can tell his current contract was signed in 2014 when he'd been around the first team for less than a year. Silly money at PSG or not, I don't think it's correct that his current deal is huge and an issue.

Only issue is what kind of money others are willing to throw at him, that we'd have to compete with (and how unreasonable his mommy is).
Yes apparently his mum is an awkward bitch however I've settled for a no signing window and just move on to the summer and see what happens then.

He will get a lot of of that anyway -

Let's say he's on 100k a week so he will have 2m due in wages on his current contract, PSG will pay that and more to cancel his contract. Let's say we pay 20m and that PSG give Rabiot 5m of that in lieu of salary and win bonuses he would pick up if he stayed ...

PSG are 15m better off and Rabiot pockets 5m

He's notionally worth under a new contract 50m+ so we are saving 30m by signing him now. However we will pay him an inflated salary, let's say an extra 3m a year for five years, or a big signing on bonus, or both.

So we save 30m but give Rabiot and extra 15m in salary and signing on fees.

Spurs gain 15m on his future market price and Rabiot pockets another 15m

So in the end everyone theoretically gains, weird but that's sometimes how these deals work. Of course the risk is now all with Spurs, have we signed a decent player?

Back
Top Bottom