Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich play better with him in the team but really he's an average player. He had one very good season about four(??) years ago, that's it, I'd say he's about the same level as Emre Can.

However, his salary at Juventus will be slightly higher than at Woolwich. The difference is half a million €.

However, his salary at Juventus will be slightly higher than at Woolwich. The difference is half a million €.
Slightly higher.....
AshwbLs.jpg

Genoa came from behind to beat Lazio 2-1 in injury time. I can’t really pretend to care other than (a) weekends without Spurs have me looking at all kinds of results out of boredom, (b) Genoa are my ‘favourite’ Italian team due to the Anglo romance of their full club name and (c) Lazio are a bunch of subhuman nazi cunts.

Never been to Genoa but would be interested to know if anyone has been and also what the area around is like.

Genoa came from behind to beat Lazio 2-1 in injury time. I can’t really pretend to care other than (a) weekends without Spurs have me looking at all kinds of results out of boredom, (b) Genoa are my ‘favourite’ Italian team due to the Anglo romance of their full club name and (c) Lazio are a bunch of subhuman nazi cunts.

Never been to Genoa but would be interested to know if anyone has been and also what the area around is like.
Haven't been. But from what I have seen on TV it's a port city with a bit of a mix between classic Italian cityscape and industrial English port town.

I assume there is some rebuilding going on since they had the big bridge colapse last year

I live in Genoa. Both my wife and I are from the Umbria region (100 km from Rome) but we moved to Genoa for work. The city and its surroundings are very beautiful. It is a 3-day trip. Nearby there are charming villages like Portofino, Camogli. Sampdoria trains in Bogliasco while Genoa trains in the Pegli district. The Ferraris stadium is in the style of the English stadiums but it is very good for the game. If you need information, ask.

Haven't been. But from what I have seen on TV it's a port city with a bit of a mix between classic Italian cityscape and industrial English port town.

I assume there is some rebuilding going on since they had the big bridge colapse last year

It is more or less there can be as a description but the reality the Morandi Bridge had impact only for a part of the city. The city in the center (where I live) has beautiful noble palaces. The marina area was redesigned in 1992 (anniversary of the discovery of America, Christopher Columbus was Genoese). Then there is the amazing Aquarium (I think the biggest in Europe) and corners like Boccadasse which was a fishing village. The airport is rather small (from the Greek island) but well connected to London.

Great to see MotoGP get front page (back page!) headlines for a change. Here in the UK there's never any mention of motorcycle racing. The last time the media here showed any interest was back in the days' of Carl Fogarty. Will Vale ever win another MotoGP race..... fingers crossed!

Great to see MotoGP get front page (back page!) headlines for a change. Here in the UK there's never any mention of motorcycle racing. The last time the media here showed any interest was back in the days' of Carl Fogarty. Will Vale ever win another MotoGP race..... fingers crossed!

In Italy, the MotoGP is often on the front page. Valentino Rossi is considered a myth (I also use the name because in Italy Rossi is a surname like Smith in the UK). I've been a little for a while but in the past I loved this sport. A couple of times I went to Mugello (2002-2003) to see the MotoGP: spectacular with Rossi, Biagi and Capirossi.

In Italy, the MotoGP is often on the front page. Valentino Rossi is considered a myth (I also use the name because in Italy Rossi is a surname like Smith in the UK). I've been a little for a while but in the past I loved this sport. A couple of times I went to Mugello (2002-2003) to see the MotoGP: spectacular with Rossi, Biagi and Capirossi.
I went to Mugello in 2006 and sat in the Ducati grandstand (Correntaio). Fantastic circuit and unique atmosphere. "Bellissimo!" as the track commentator rightly said.

Back
Top Bottom