Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry will be assessed by the medical staff tomorrow. I'm guessing he starts this one. Bag a goal or two and full steam ahead to scum squared.
I think Poch clears this one up 》》》
Is Harry Kane available? "He’s good. He’s very good. I think we need to assess him. One training session more and then decide, but I think he’s doing well and I’m happy for him. "Maybe he's going to be available to be part of the squad. We all know that Harry is an animal and wants to be ready as soon as possible. "The issue that he suffered is tough to recover from, you can't push and push. We are so happy that the last 10 days have been fantastic and being available again will be a massive impact for all of us."
That would suggest he'll be on the bench... if he was starting, I'm guessing Poch would say so, if only for morale purposes.
Playing safe is all we can ask for at this stage... he is 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule remember!

[formation=433, Lloris, Trippier, Foyth, Sanchez, KWP, Sissoko, Skipp, Eriksen, Moura, Llorente, Son][/formation]
Ah, the classic "Underestimate the opposition at your peril" line-up!

I'd still start harry from the bench on this match. I remember we had a suffocating match on the last meeting with this lot where it was frustrating nil nil to the very end. We had everyone back then too, Dele, Ericksen, Son and the "animal" etc. I like to see how it would work with the current line up that's been working very well recently, not to mention not wanting to rush Harry back into the start right away

I'd still start harry from the bench on this match. I remember we had a suffocating match on the last meeting with this lot where it was frustrating nil nil to the very end. We had everyone back then too, Dele, Ericksen, Son and the "animal" etc. I like to see how it would work with the current line up that's been working very well recently, not to mention not wanting to rush Harry back into the start right away
Bingo. It wouldn't be smart to run Harry into the ground 4 days before that massive game at Stamford Bridge. Woolwich only days later next weekend and the midweek CL against Dortmund away in Germany to follow.

This is one where, if we can afford to, it'd be best to bring Kane on for a little cameo and let him touch the grass for ten minutes at the end. For that reason alone it would be fantastic for this to be a straightforward win... though you'd bet it won't be so easy.

Bingo. It wouldn't be smart to run Harry into the ground 4 days before that massive game at Stamford Bridge. Woolwich only days later next weekend and the midweek CL against Dortmund away in Germany to follow.

This is one where, if we can afford to, it'd be best to bring Kane on for a little cameo and let him touch the grass for ten minutes at the end. For that reason alone it would be fantastic for this to be a straightforward win... though you'd bet it won't be so easy.

Yes. Bingo to you too. Two days until getting back to the ride again? lol. I love it
Bit worried about the Burnley bus we ll be facing right away, but can't wait to resume

Last edited:
The winner against these anti football bastards at Wembley came from a long pass to Llorente. It was the one thing they couldn't deal with.
I think Son has learned how to play off him and it has resulted in goals. I believe they can do the job.
As Will said, 'Burnley can fuck off.'

The winner against these anti football bastards at Wembley came from a long pass to Llorente. It was the one thing they couldn't deal with.
I think Son has learned how to play off him and it has resulted in goals. I believe they can do the job.
As Will said, 'Burnley can fuck off.'
That's the funny thing: obviously Kane >> Llorente, but it's clear that Son and Llorente have gained some effective familiarity with one another in this diamond formation.

Could be risky to rush Kane back in if he and Son don't gel straight away in that formation.

Tension building already for me.

I think we will win but you wonder if an elongated period of rest, training and preparation is help or hindrance.

If Kane is going to start on Wednesday he has to play some part on Saturday.

I would go for Llorente to start and then for Kane to be introduced after 60 minutes.

It really does depend on how fit Kane is on the one hand and making the most of a more confident Llorente.

100% Burnley will sit back so the onus will be on us.

Harry Kane - 26 [20 Goals scored / 6 Assists]

Son Heung-Min - 24 [16 Goals scored / 8 Assists]

Christian Eriksen - 18 [7 Goals scored / 11 Assists]

Fernando Llorente - 11 [7 Goals scored / 4 Assists]

Erik Lamela - 10 [6 Goals scored / 4 Assists]

Dele Alli - 9 [7 Goals scored / 2 Assists]

Lucas Moura - 8 [8 Goals scored / 0 Assists]

Erik Lamela - 10 [6 Goals scored / 4 Assists said:
"Spursdem, post: 1763492, member: 8513"] mikes01666

Those stats are for all games this season.

His Premier League stats are: 4 goals 2 assists.

As I said in another thread (a long time ago), stats (and video compilations) can be used to back up any argument (even those diametrically opposed).

On the bench this Saturday. I hope he's brought on and gets a hat-trick (even though it's not his primary job to score)! It will mean three points which is all that matters.

If we did not have these 2 matches following Burnley, I would start Kane but with those matches in mind he should play the last 30 mins only.
Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen, Moura, Son, Llorente.

Theyve recently gone with 2 big lads up top, so the 3 at the back we played with against Dortmund makes sense with Trips in for Serge. Wouldnt chuck Davies in straight away, largely because i think hes more a left back than a wing back if we go with 3 - Foyth didnt exactly disgrace himself against the current best side in the Bundesliga

At least we're first thing Saturday.
Either make the weekend or ruin it early.

giphy.gif

Tough game. Wont be easy against this mob.
Lets just bag the 3 points.
I'd like to see Moura get more involved, he has been struggling of late but I still think he brings a new dimension to our attack.
Sonny to keep up his purple patch.

Tough game. Wont be easy against this mob.
Lets just bag the 3 points.
I'd like to see Moura get more involved, he has been struggling of late but I still think he brings a new dimension to our attack.
Sonny to keep up his purple patch.
He needs a goal or two to get that monkey off his back. At this point I would probably bring him on as a second half sub to have him run against tired legs. That seems to be when he has the most impact right now.

Back
Top Bottom