Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You definitely don’t go to games - so are you referring to people outside your Amsterdam basement then? Hardly an objective sample of Spurs fans.

Stop trying to belittle our fans base with false accusations - NO ONE has ever wanted us to do a City. And stop projecting yourself as some kind of super fan - only few weeks ago you wanted Poch replaced with Klopp and every previous season you’ve flounced the forum when results didn’t go our way. Don’t make me dig up your posts from Poch’s second season. Joker.

Like me he's been watching Bastille?

Not the band!

Although he has been chairman now for almost two, full decades.
The 2000's and 2010's and we've won just one League cup.

In the previous two decades, the 1980's and 1990's we won 3 x FA Cups, 1 x League cup and 1x Europa League (UEFA Cup)

So I guess year on year progress is open to ones own personal interpretation.

I think what rankles with a lot of fans is his reluctance to take that extra step or go that extra yard to push us over the line.
How often have we been on the cusp of glory but just needed that player or two to get us there only to see us take cheap punts on players like N'koudo or N'jie.

He took the club over at the most opportune time imaginable. If ever there was a definition of an under achieving sleeping giant we were it. And the Premier League was on the cusp of a financial jackpot unheard of in world football history.

In two decades he's seen the value of his asset multiply a hundred-fold. Yet we've just gone two successive transfer windows without investing a cent in the squad.

I think it's understandable that a large section of the fanbase shows frustration.
“Fanbase shows frustration” yes in football terms the whole point of being a football team in competitive sense is winning things and yes we are sadly lacking but modern football is more than that it’s a business a business that makes money,generates money and no one can argue the point that Daniel levy has delivered and delivered good.

Progression is not a couple of League Cups.

Progression is beating Real Madrid.
Progression is beating Juventus.
Progression is beating Borussia Dortmund.
Progression is getting pivotal results at Camp Nou.
Progression is the last 8 of the Champions League.
Progression is consistent top 4.

You may think progression is a couple of domestic Cups alone.

You'd be wrong.

Last night was progression.
I'm not saying there's been no progress. Of course our average league position over the last decade shows progress.
And the results you highlight are all memorable moments.

As were the FA cup win over City and Rickys wonder goal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQAHTCj2MA4&ved=0ahUKEwiinZLct-7gAhWGRxUIHY4sC5UQo7QBCB4wAQ&usg=AOvVaw3IwJVSMWhKPPTtVs_UJCSi

Or lifting the UEFA cup (Europa League) at WHL.

Twitter

Obviously winning the Champions League this year will be the greatest night in the clubs history and I'll be the first to get Levy tattood on my arse but until then I'm just putting some perspective on why a sizeable section of the fan base have their reservations with the man in question . Which is what the post I was responding to was asking.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. Not even 24 hours after a monumental moment in this club’s history & the knives are back out for Levy in some quarters.
Give it a fucking rest.
I’m no Levy lover for many reasons, but the progress is undeniable and he got in one of the best managers in football (after the revolving door which WAS a farce) who has been with us 5 years now. There is stability within the club and last night was another stepping stone.
Why not just enjoy the journey??

Come on lads. You need to enjoy our victory by moaning about other strangers online who you perceive to be not enjoying it. Now I am doing it too. Wahaaay!

I don’t know how anyone can hate Levy, he may be frustrating at times, but hate? No chance!!
He has had the vision to build this club from the bottom up, putting in place infrastructure that will last a lifetime, an infrastructure package that will generate a self sustaining income the likes of which this club has never had before, income and infrastructure that 90% of clubs throughout the whole of Europe will never surpass....then (and only then) can the club build a sustained flow of players to make this club compete at the next level above what it’s currently competing at, and only ever selling its top players through choice, not “necessity”
I read an article recently that warned us of becoming Woolwich of 2006, failed promises of what a new stadium can offer, paying back banks instead of paying for players, whatching ticket prices increase while the quality on display decreases, new tourist and corporate fans ruining the atmosphere (like they had a fucking atmosphere to begin with)......well I call bullshit, why?.......Daniel Levy is no mug!!

I Obviously winning the Champions League this year will be the greatest night in the clubs history and I'll be the first to get Levy tattood on my arse but until then I'm just putting some perspective on why a sizeable section of the fan base have their reservations with the man in question . Which is what the post I was responding to was asking.

It's this bit that's just fantasy JT whilst I have no knowledge of the millions of fans around the world who support Spurs, it's clear that you claim you do, however in the ranks of Spurs fans I interact with on a regular basis 100% would tell you Levy is the best chairman we've ever had, 100% would tell you he's done more for our club in the last twenty years than any previous chairman in the last 120 years, and sure 100% would have a moan about transfers and salaries, but that's not 'reservations' that's just banter.

Who would you swap him for? who's better at running an EPL Football Club? when you talk to every other club (even the sugar daddy ones) they all will tell you Levy is a genius, he's taken a mid-table club and moved them into Europe's top ten with no extra money ... just who else has done that?

Last edited:

You'd be wrong.

Of course you're right that is progression, but is that down to Daniel Levy, or the manager he arguably struck gold by appointing, who has delivered everything you mentioned above?

Of course you're right that is progression, but is that down to Daniel Levy, or the manager he arguably struck gold by appointing, who has delivered everything you mentioned above?

Is that a serious question? If it was all just down to the appointment of a good manager then any club could win any trophy, and we all know that is just no longer true. A good manager can only perform with the tools provided by the owners of that club: players, salaries, training ground, support staff, stadium etc. ... arguably a shit manager could win trophies given enough money (Mourinho springs to mind) but the very best manager in the world ain't winning nothing without the full support of the owners. City win because the owners give Pep the most money to buy the best players, it's still hard to win but it's a whole lot easier for Pep than for anyone else. When we win something it will be because Levy has put the club in a position to do that, with luck that will be with Poch but it will ultimately be far more the club's success than it will be Poch's ... he's just a cog in a big machine, albeit a very important one.

If you're gonna blame every failure on Levy, you must do the same for the successes.

The truth is, every win, loss and draw is an amalgamation of everything and everyone.

You'd be wrong.

Progression =/= Success

Dude, you can't count a friendly win as progression
BSIQ.gif

I'm not saying there's been no progress. Of course our average league position over the last decade shows progress.
And the results you highlight are all memorable moments.

As were the FA cup win over City and Rickys wonder goal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQAHTCj2MA4&ved=0ahUKEwiinZLct-7gAhWGRxUIHY4sC5UQo7QBCB4wAQ&usg=AOvVaw3IwJVSMWhKPPTtVs_UJCSi

Or lifting the UEFA cup (Europa League) at WHL.

Twitter

Obviously winning the Champions League this year will be the greatest night in the clubs history and I'll be the first to get Levy tattood on my arse but until then I'm just putting some perspective on why a sizeable section of the fan base have their reservations with the man in question . Which is what the post I was responding to was asking.
Fuck that, you should get a Poch tattoo instead.

Is that a serious question? If it was all just down to the appointment of a good manager then any club could win any trophy, and we all know that is just no longer true. A good manager can only perform with the tools provided by the owners of that club: players, salaries, training ground, support staff, stadium etc. ... arguably a shit manager could win trophies given enough money (Mourinho springs to mind) but the very best manager in the world ain't winning nothing without the full support of the owners. City win because the owners give Pep the most money to buy the best players, it's still hard to win but it's a whole lot easier for Pep than for anyone else. When we win something it will be because Levy has put the club in a position to do that, with luck that will be with Poch but it will ultimately be far more the club's success than it will be Poch's ... he's just a cog in a big machine, albeit a very important one.
I think it is a very valid argument for sure. Pochettino has been given nothing by Levy in the last 5 years that other managers haven't (yes I know the new stadium will be available soon.) yet has achieved unquantifiable levels of success in comparison to past managers.

Don't get me wrong here either, I'm by no means a Levy hater. I have massive respect for how he delivered the stadium, training ground and whatnot, and I also think he has gotten a tougher rap that he should in years gone by as maybe some of the decisions that were made regarding managers etc weren't entirely down to him (For example 'Arry always maintained it was Lewis that sacked him, not Levy.)

However by the same token you can't just blindly point out the good things he's done whilst completely ignoring his obvious flaws. You call Poch a 'cog in the machine'. Mate, he's no cog, he goes and the machine falls apart.

Jesus Christ. Not even 24 hours after a monumental moment in this club’s history & the knives are back out for Levy in some quarters.
Give it a fucking rest.
I’m no Levy lover for many reasons, but the progress is undeniable and he got in one of the best managers in football (after the revolving door which WAS a farce) who has been with us 5 years now. There is stability within the club and last night was another stepping stone.
Why not just enjoy the journey??
Unbelievable isn't it, the turnaround in our club since enic took over is incredible-absolutely fucking epic, how any fan can complain about our trajectory is absolutely beyond me and Levy is probably the best chairman we could have had for the job we needed to do.
Pity we lost Sugar, we would be a far better club for it apparently.

Back
Top Bottom