Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why you bothered if anyone takes me seriously or not.
You on the piss or abusing substances !..its daytime and your posting a drunken load of bollocks . put you ignore you poor puppy.
Yes it is. What are you now? The latest member of the band of hope? Sorry if l offended you with my daytime drunken bollocks. I keep forgetting that this is a family site.

I still don’t understand how some people are convinced Kane will play next week, didn’t Jesus and Poch laugh that off when asked in the presser?

Stop fucking playing with my heart guys if there was a chance we would know by now!!

I thought we battered them in the second half. If we had a cutting edge up front we would be a few goals up.

Ajax were also guilty of being pretty dirty in their challenges as well as trying to waste time. They are not a great team. They have their moments, but their strength is that they know their limitations. We'll fuck them in Amsterdam. I'm confident after what I watched last night.

The media reaction has been pitiful. It's amazing how the English media is essentially supporting a Dutch club against one of its own. Mental.

I still don’t understand how some people are convinced Kane will play next week, didn’t Jesus and Poch laugh that off when asked in the presser?

Stop fucking playing with my heart guys if there was a chance we would know by now!!
Wishful thinking and all that, but you are correct, he won't play in Amsterdam.

But we were quite evidently the better team for over an hour.

So what on earth does that make Ajax?
Not really, they loooked pretty comfortable for the majority of 2nd half.

There was clear gulf of class, they had a working game plan and their midfielders were creating clear cut chances whilst ours looked like they were fresh from League One especially Alli and Wanyama.

I thought we battered them in the second half. If we had a cutting edge up front we would be a few goals up.

Ajax were also guilty of being pretty dirty in their challenges as well as trying to waste time. They are not a great team. They have their moments, but their strength is that they know their limitations. We'll fuck them in Amsterdam. I'm confident after what I watched last night.

The media reaction has been pitiful. It's amazing how the English media is essentially supporting a Dutch club against one of its own. Mental.

Battered them with one shot on target?

Thought we did OK considering what state we were in yesterday.

If Son scores an early goal in Amsterdam in the second leg, I think their young team might not be able to handle it.

They will be under massive pressure to perform in front of their own crowd

Keep it tight for the first 20 minutes and we can pick them off

They need to fuckin get there act together. We knocked out the favourites and arguably the best team in Europe only to be beaten by a previous what....100/1 outsiders? Fuck that, we'll sort it next week.....

Its only certain clubs they turn against.We are one of the ones they don't like or certainly don't champion. A nationwide media should be equally supportive of all teams from the country they are in.
Sadly it isn't the case with our press.
Is it the same in Scotland?

Watched the first few minutes - will watch the rest this evening.

He's a funny one Mourinho; absolute penis when he's managing, but very interesting and engaging when he's not involved in the game. He relaxes and laughs at himself.

He doesn’t cope well under pressure but knows the game nearly as much as Blakey

I'm sure this has been covered since last night, but my overall feeling following last night is just... hope for next week, really.

Already playing with one hand tied behind our back without Sonny - doubly so without Sissoko starting. The fact that the rest of our players (Eriksen, I'm looking at you) also decided to underperform on top of that made for painful viewing.

Jan's injury (though he should be back next week) possibly a blessing in disguise as it demonstrated that four at the back is the way to go to try and bring this Ajax team down.

In some ways, we were lucky to keep the scoreline down to 1-0 at half time. Considering that Ajax have won their previous ties by winning away legs 4-1 and 2-1, I'm left with some optimism. Bring back Son, start Sissoko, and play a back 4... we might just surprise them in Amsterdam.

Maybe because Rose was putting in serious effort, chasing everything down and smashing into tackles, it gives the other players a lift when someone does that.

I notice you don’t mention how useless Eriksen was in your appraisals?

I’ll also never understand your ‘he saw half as much of the ball’ stuff, it’s a completely pointless stat. It means Rose wasn’t getting as many passes as Trippier.

I would be inclined to say you’ve never put a pair of football boots on. Obviously there’s no way I can prove that, but you reek of an armchair fan that’s never kicked a ball in their life. I’m not saying that doesn’t give you the right to enjoy football and understand it, but in your case it really stunts how you see the game

I bet I'm a better footballer than you, but it wouldn't make any difference, I'm probably a better footballer than Mourinho but he's won fucking everything, it proves nothing. You don't have to be a good footballer to understand football, and you can be Maradona and be a fucking shit manager. It's a fucking stupid comment from a stupid cliche'd mindset.

In case you didn't notice, one of the reasons we lost that game was by surrendering the ball completely for the first 30 minutes (it wasn't the only reason obviously, the structure and some components of the side were bad too).

The only way we got back into that game was by - putting an extra body into midfield, pressing them better in midfield and forward areas and getting more control of the ball, to do that we need players that actually want to receive and move the ball - and broadly speaking, this is how we play, this is our ethos - therefore "seeing the ball" may seem a pointless observation to you, and if players do inane or limited stuff with it it is, but it's not like Rose have ever been clever or productive with the ball, and certainly isn't as clever with it as Trippier generally - and last night was just another example of this.

And I could equally question you bullshit "Rose smashing into tackles" comment demonstrates you are the one that doesn't really have the capability to value substance over appearance, once again, Trippier actually tackled (and intercepted) more than Rose (more than anyone in our team in fact), but when your face don't fit it's "smashing" that counts eh?

I'm on record as saying I'd happily have seen KWP or Aurier given a run of games instead of Tripper, who has not been at his best this season for sure, but some of the criticism and scapegoating he gets compared to the lionising of people like Rose is fucking laughable.

And the same with Eriksen, he wasn't great, In said that elsewhere, but at least he never hides form the ball, he moves into space to receive it more intelligently than most, and he is still, by a country fucking mile, the most likely of any of our players to do something intelligent with it.

different injuries have different treatments, just because you can have injections with one does not mean yuo can for another. If it isnt pain that is stopping him playing through the injury an injection wont help anyway.

I would prefer it if Harry saved himself for the final

Back
Top Bottom