Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we were quite evidently the better team for over an hour.

So what on earth does that make Ajax?

We were the better team for 45 minutes, but our better, never quite hit the peaks of their better. Even when we we're playing better we were still bumbling about frittering the ball away, and Sissoko added a much needed body and gusto but he hardly brings intelligence and composure - and an ability to metronomically help control the game.

I hope if Poch gets his head out of arse for the second leg, we get Son back, we might do a bit better. But by god we really miss Winks, someone with a brain to stitch that midfield together.

There were few at Upper East, security were called when they scored, not sure what happened....
About 20 of them jumped up when Ajax scored in North Upper. Lots of people shouting and swearing at them, stewards went into their row but they weren't removed.
To be honest they were well behaved and I didn't see any further issues. Mate of mine was speaking to one of the stewards at half time and apparently they can't remove them as they have paid and had not done anything 'wrong'.

How the fuck does Trippier get in the side ahead of KWP?

Why did Winks get 8 starts in two years before this season.

Why did Onomah not get a single minute as a CM in three years, but Sissoko got 6000 minutes to get the hang of it?

Why has Skipp not started a game for months despite all our CM's being injured?

Why has KWP been given 3 starts all season despite the other Rb's being injured, knackered or off colour?

Why does Roles not even make the bench when we have not one single attacking midfielder on there?

Poch the Braveheart promoter of youth?

Watched him during the World Cup coverage of RT. As you said, an absolute tit on the touchline, but I would much rather listen to him than all of the other pundits combined. His analysis and understanding of the game puts every pundit I've ever listened to to absolute shame. I tried to listen to the idiots at ESPN after I listened to Mourinho, and they were unbearable.
There genuinely is zero analysis on ESPN, they get so few views they rely on the YouTube clips of fake outrage and fake 'banter' to generate the clicks and therefore their existence.

About 20 of them jumped up when Ajax scored in North Upper. Lots of people shouting and swearing at them, stewards went into their row but they weren't removed.
To be honest they were well behaved and I didn't see any further issues. Mate of mine was speaking to one of the stewards at half time and apparently they can't remove them as they have paid and not done anything 'wrong'.
And in modern football that makes sense.Look at the flags you see round the ground on a match day.Who's to say some of the Ajax fans don't support both and got tickets as members? I know that's not going to be the case with them all, but i can see where the stewards are coming from.
That doesn't mean i have to like it though :)

Why did Winks get 8 starts in two years before this season.

Why did Onomah not get a single minute as a CM in three years, but Sissoko got 6000 minutes to get the hang of it?

Why has Skipp not started a game for months despite all our CM's being injured?

Why has KWP been given 3 starts all season despite the other Rb's being injured, knackered or off colour?

Why does Roles not even make the bench when we have not one single attacking midfielder on there?

Poch the Braveheart promoter of youth?

To be honest they were well behaved and I didn't see any further issues. Mate of mine was speaking to one of the stewards at half time and apparently they can't remove them as they have paid and had not done anything 'wrong'.
Mother of God.

Back
Top Bottom