New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't remember the year but we did that once where we wore the next season's kits for the final home game.

One imagines that resulted in lesser sales than doing it at the last possible moment in the summer and thus Levy decided to do the latter forevermore.
The new kit coming out is one of the highlights of the pre season it gets fans ready/up for the new season! But when it’s released would have no baring on sales in a monetary terms the deal signed we get the money whether we sell one shirt or one thousand.

If we got to the CL final and somehow, magically, managed to win the damn thing, Spurs would make an absolute fortune out of selling 'Champions' 18/19 home shirts with a star above the cock.

No way would Levy bring out the new home kit when that's even a remote possibility.
:levyeyes:

The new kit coming out is one of the highlights of the pre season it gets fans ready/up for the new season! But when it’s released would have no baring on sales in a monetary terms the deal signed we get the money whether we sell one shirt or one thousand.
Truesay, we make very little on shirts anyway, the vast majority is for Nike. It's what they pay tens of millions for.

Don't know about the Nike-Spurs leisureware but it's certainly true for kits, we (and all other clubs) get something like 6%.

If you can be bothered to google it, it's that SwissRamble blog, the bloke who's the expert on all things financial. The article is about the myth that signing Beckham (as it was then I think, it was said that Madrid paid for the signing in shirt sales ) or whoever can pay for itself in replica kit sales

If we got to the CL final and somehow, magically, managed to win the damn thing, Spurs would make an absolute fortune out of selling 'Champions' 18/19 home shirts with a star above the cock.

No way would Levy bring out the new home kit when that's even a remote possibility.
Would he not? Take out the first batch then release the possible CL shirts afterwards counting on folk buying two....
uFjGKDE.jpg

Truesay, we make very little on shirts anyway, the vast majority is for Nike. It's what they pay tens of millions for.

Don't know about the Nike-Spurs leisureware but it's certainly true for kits, we (and all other clubs) get something like 6%.

If you can be bothered to google it, it's that SwissRamble blog, the bloke who's the expert on all things financial. The article is about the myth that signing Beckham (as it was then I think, it was said that Madrid paid for the signing in shirt sales ) or whoever can pay for itself in replica kit sales
6% may not sound like a lot but they also sell a fucktonne of shirts. Also I may be wrong but I believe money for name prints goes to the club, so signing a player like Beckham where everyone will want their name on the back of their shirt for 10 pound each or whatever adds up.

Example:
Manchester United apparently sold 1,750,000 million shirts in the 2015/16 season, at 60 pound a pop that adds up to GBP105,000,000, off that you're getting about 8 million on shirt sales before printing etc so it can help a lot.

6% may not sound like a lot but they also sell a fucktonne of shirts. Also I may be wrong but I believe money for name prints goes to the club, so signing a player like Beckham where everyone will want their name on the back of their shirt for 10 pound each or whatever adds up.
Depends where you get it printed. If in Sports Direct, they get the money, just like any other product they sell. If you order from the club or go to the club shop then they obviously keep the profits from the printing service they provide.

Example:
Manchester United apparently sold 1,750,000 million shirts in the 2015/16 season, at 60 pound a pop that adds up to GBP105,000,000, off that you're getting about 8 million on shirt sales before printing etc so it can help a lot.

I’m sure I read somewhere that Madrid got Beckham’s fee back in shirt sales alone or something in no time

I’m sure I read somewhere that Madrid got Beckham’s fee back in shirt sales alone or something in no time
Was there not an issue as well a good few years ago that Man Utd shirts could only be printed by them? Beckham, Cantona, were only available from united stores! How they could legislate that I’m not sure.

Or release the new kit for the final, if we win it will be rinsing the new kit shirt sales. Fuck the horrid gradient kit.

I remember once in the late 90s we wore our “new” kit in our last home match but can’t recall it ever happening since. Always seems to be very close to the new season that it gets revealed - why would you leave it late? Surely having it on sale longer maximises sales?

Back
Top Bottom