We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sat up in my loft watching the full match replay. Holsten shirt and kit socks, non-regulation blue swimming shorts. Glass of red & a big spliff on the go. We're currently 2-0 down on what I'm about to rediscover will become the greatest Spurs night of my whole, long life.

:mong::soldadowatch:

Norwich fan here in peace (obviously).

Fucking tremendous effort last night and can't even begin to understand how you guys are feeling right now, even after the season and celebrations we've just had.

A top club, top fans, now with the best football stadium in the world and a Champions League final to plan for. I'm allowed to be jealous right? I also love the fact you've done it off the back of two Norwich City-style transfer windows, which blows piss in the face of PSG and Man City who basically just want to buy it.

You lads have done it the right way. Good coaching, good technical players, but all backed up by fight and desire and that never-say-die attitude that shone through in minute 96. To see what it meant to Glenn Hoddle and then to hear him say "I'm glad I was here to see that" brought a tear to the eye..

So good luck boys. Enjoy Madrid and in doing so shove that "Allez allez allez" song right back up the media lovechild's arse and come home with the cup. COYY & OTBC

Quick little shout out to 96th minute when Lamela gets the ball on the edge of our area and decides no I won't pass it or just punt it down field, no I'll go for a dribble and then lose it...

Think my heart stopped beating for that 5 second episode.

Fucking tremendous effort last night and can't even begin to understand how you guys are feeling right now, even after the season and celebrations we've just had.

A top club, top fans, now with the best football stadium in the world and a Champions League final to plan for. I'm allowed to be jealous right? I also love the fact you've done it off the back of two Norwich City-style transfer windows, which blows piss in the face of PSG and Man City who basically just want to buy it.

You lads have done it the right way. Good coaching, good technical players, but all backed up by fight and desire and that never-say-die attitude that shone through in minute 96. To see what it meant to Glenn Hoddle and then to hear him say "I'm glad I was here to see that" brought a tear to the eye..

So good luck boys. Enjoy Madrid and in doing so shove that "Allez allez allez" song right back up the media lovechild's arse and come home with the cup. COYY & OTBC
You can stay

Cheers, that's great

I am still pinching myself. Did we really just do that.
Unashamed to say I teared up at the fulltime whistle.

Then went to work and got SFA done all day. Just humming Spurs chants all fucking day!
At 5am June 2 I will be in a pub in Melbourne watching us hopefully have our best day in our history with hundreds of fellow yids.
See you at The Imperial.

Looking for some help as I'm genuinely torn. I have one best mate who I have a season ticket with. We went to Dortmund away together but we don't have nearly enough points for away games generally.

I've been saving and working for the last few years and I'm now in a position where I could feasibly pay for myself to go out to Madrid, but obviously with no guarantee of a ticket and he wouldn't be able to come. I love the idea of going out there, and to be able to say "I was there". However, I live in Tottenham, 5 mins from the stadium and I imagine the atmosphere here will be unreal too, and I can throw a party for friends afterwards. Also, getting to Madrid will be painful and also if we do lose it'll be super depressing and lonely.

Do I?
A) Be selfish, spend £1000+ to go to Madrid for a "once in a lifetime" trip
B) Enjoy Tottenham, save a bundle of cash and enjoy the game with my friends

Friends, who aren't Spurs fans are all saying "A". But people with a bit more perspective agree with B.

What do I do????

You go if you can - if he is a mate he understands.

The locals wouldn't stand for it. Is the club allowed to show the game inside the stadium? Maybe not.
For those not lucky enough to be in madrid ..Shut the high road like they do on matchdays .its a saturday night ffs .big screens like the world cup ,
party atmosphere etc....pubs doing a roaring trade .sure david lammy world would be up for it ..biggest day in the history of tottenham and haringey .

Bless you. And look forward to hosting you at our new place next season. Best o' luck (except against us, of course).

Back
Top Bottom