Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If only it were that simple mate. I don't live near London so it'd be over 4 hours from where the stag is happening to get home.

To add something else into the mix, the groom to be is a gooner, but he did message everyone to say that Spurs and Liverpool fans get a 100% guilt free pass to go and enjoy the final in the best way they can. There's loads of people going anyway so I guess he'll enjoy it regardless, and if we lose he'll probably enjoy it a fuckload more.

Yeah, I was probably 55-45 in favour of watching it with my dad, and you lot have probably helped tip that even more in favour of that option.

Thanks chaps :adethumbup:
Ah. Still doesn't alter the result. As CG said, there will be many more stags. You've only got one dad. It's a family thing.

If only it were that simple mate. I don't live near London so it'd be over 4 hours from where the stag is happening to get home.

To add something else into the mix, the groom to be is a gooner, but he did message everyone to say that Spurs and Liverpool fans get a 100% guilt free pass to go and enjoy the final in the best way they can. There's loads of people going anyway so I guess he'll enjoy it regardless, and if we lose he'll probably enjoy it a fuckload more.

Yeah, I was probably 55-45 in favour of watching it with my dad, and you lot have probably helped tip that even more in favour of that option.

The fact he is a Gooner makes it easy.
Meet up with him a few days before, smash the granny out of him so he has to postpone the Wedding and stag night.
Watch the game with your Dad, then(if you are still invited) go to the rearranged stag do, wearing your European Champions 2019 polo shirt.
Job done...

and people sometimes question the 'addiction' to football. For Lots of us it's more than a game, it's our family, where some of our best and most treasured memories are created.

Semi-final against Woolwich is another of mine, getting up early, travelling 2hrs to join a 7hr queue, my old man putting me behind him when a scuffle got near us at the game, to my Dad hugging complete strangers when Gazza buried the freekick.

over 30 years later I could retrace my exact steps that day and tell you what was being cooked in the food vans from the smell

It's a shame my daughters don't have the same desire but they are still young. I however, will continue to support, go when I can and talk under my breath to my Dad about the game.
Exactly.
If i ever had a family crest,it would have some reference to Spurs in it.Its a major part of my family.
Its not just a game,whatever the mugs might say.

By the way, don't forget to let us know when, after you've cancelled the stag do, your Dad says that he can't be arsed and he's planning to clean out the garage instead.

Completely torn. I feel like I should watch it at home with my dad but I'm also meant to be in London for a stag do that evening.

The organisers of the stag knew it'd be CL final night when it was planned a few months ago, and have stuff booked to watch the game at Belushi's in Camden. There's a lot of people I don't really know going, but seems like there's a few Spurs amongst them, including one I do know. I don't really wanna miss the stag as it should be a good day/night, but then there's also the possibility of going along for part of it, then leaving to catch the game in Tottenham/the stadium (if they do put it on there), but I'll be on my own if I do that.

My dad's already asked about watching the game together, and I've put him off for now by saying I'm meant to be on the stag do but haven't decided what I'm doing yet.

It's not exactly the worst problem to have, but I really don't know what to do
Now's the time to learn the art of multi -tasking (ask the woman in your life! ).
Go to the stag do in the afternoon, then arrange to meet your dad in Tottenham and pop along to the stadium / TFC social/ pub, whatever takes your fancy.
Simples, innit :)

Now's the time to learn the art of multi -tasking (ask the woman in your life! ).
Go to the stag do in the afternoon, then arrange to meet your dad in Tottenham and pop along to the stadium / TFC social/ pub, whatever takes your fancy.
Simples, innit :)
Yeah, we live in Hereford so it's not gonna be doable I'm afraid.

I think I've pretty much made my mind up to invite the family round our place

agreed. although mum in my case
My mum was a Man U fan
:avbnaa:
But she would have been roaring the Spurs on as well in this particular final.
Would have been a glorious family event
Will still be fantastic as my lad is coming down & er indoors & her son (converted to spurs at age 6 nearly 10 years ago) will be there too.
Will be raising a glass or two to mum and dad pre match, hoping they’ll be watching “somewhere.”

Yeah, we live in Hereford so it's not gonna be doable I'm afraid.

I think I've pretty much made my mind up to invite the family round our place
Don't think it really matters where you are, just who you are with that will matter, with regards to future memories. If you are with like minded people, then you can celebrate / commiserate together.

Cost me an absolute fortune going to Ajax this week. Priceless experience obviously and one i'll never ever forgot.

How much do you reckon it will cost for a ticket for final? No chance I will get an official ticket, so just curious and weighing up whether it is doable?

On the whole 'Dad thing' little anecdote, but long story short, I text my mum after the game to say that dad must be happy (mum has the mobile phone as my dad's sight is going really quickly and he can't really read anything anymore...:walkercry:).

A short while later, my mum called to give me a massive bollocking. Apparently my dad had gone to bed around half time, as he just couldn't bear to watch (getting old, heart getting worse etc so it was prob for the best). Anyway, my mum had read the text message in bed out loud to him, and he had "moved quicker than the fucker had moved in 30 years!!!" He literally leapt out of bed, sending my mum flying, and all I could hear on the phone in the background was my dad screaming for joy. My mum said he won't get a wink of sleep, will be knackered, and as a result, she won't sleep either. Called me a twat for disturbing him like that! :dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:.

Sorry, the above is really badly written, but got a great big smile on my face just thinking about it.

On the whole 'Dad thing' little anecdote, but long story short, I text my mum after the game to say that dad must be happy (mum has the mobile phone as my dad's sight is going really quickly and he can't really read anything anymore...:walkercry:).

A short while later, my mum called to give me a massive bollocking. Apparently my dad had gone to bed around half time, as he just couldn't bear to watch (getting old, heart getting worse etc so it was prob for the best). Anyway, my mum had read the text message in bed out loud to him, and he had "moved quicker than the fucker had moved in 30 years!!!" He literally leapt out of bed, sending my mum flying, and all I could hear on the phone in the background was my dad screaming for joy. My mum said he won't get a wink of sleep, will be knackered, and as a result, she won't sleep either. Called me a twat for disturbing him like that! :dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:.

Sorry, the above is really badly written, but got a great big smile on my face just thinking about it.

that is quality!

Superb!!

That's awesome mate

damn that hayfever.

Brilliant
Superb story :)

Good stuff Goat. That’ll teach your mum for letting him go to bed at half time in a game like that
:troll:

Cost me an absolute fortune going to Ajax this week. Priceless experience obviously and one i'll never ever forgot.

How much do you reckon it will cost for a ticket for final? No chance I will get an official ticket, so just curious and weighing up whether it is doable?

Unofficial ticket off the black market or resale, probably like £1000.

Can't agree enough with those encouraging ArmadilloSackRace ArmadilloSackRace to watch it with his dad. My dad passed just before Poch took charge so I've always had him on my mind through all the ups: league finishes, new stadium, etc. We're just a completely different club to when he was around. Would love to watch the final with him, as we watched all games together, but will no doubt 'chat' to him at times through it.

The exciting thing for me is my first born is due a week Monday. Obviously means I can't head to Madrid and, depending on how late he decides to get here, I'm probably fooling myself to think I can head out to watch it somewhere.

So I'm now hoping he arrives well before the final. I'm looking forward to me and him sat watching it together at home, decked in Spurs stuff, cheering the boys on together. That'll do me!!

If we lose mind, I'm blaming him and he's going back! :)

Back
Top Bottom