TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else up for the Friday evening Tapas bar crawl? Let me know?

Plan for Friday Tapas Crawl is Start at Mercado San Miguel, its a covered tapas food market and serve drinks, beer, cava, wine etc. Quite well known in Madrid and then wander down to Calle de la Cava Baja, its got rows of Tapas places.....I think the Mercado is open all day, but the tapas bars I hear all open 8pm....I can set-up a whatsapp group for the crawl if anybody wants in?

Is there a common consensus of what the best area for bars will be? I don't want to be in the fanzone, drinking overpriced beer while a load of wallies sing Alez.

This and this please organised people
No consensus as yet, but I'm holding out that there will be decent atmosphere around the bars of Plaza Colon. I'm thinking Plaza Santa Barbara area. I've heard there are no bars near the stadium, its in the middle of nowhere. The Puerta de Sol area is more central, but its like drinking on Oxford Street/Regent Street. Might be a bit naff.

No consensus as yet, but I'm holding out that there will be decent atmosphere around the bars of Plaza Colon. I'm thinking Plaza Santa Barbara area. I've heard there are no bars near the stadium, its in the middle of nowhere. The Puerta de Sol area is more central, but its like drinking on Oxford Street/Regent Street. Might be a bit naff.
I guess my only concern with staying around Plaza Colon would be that everyone else without a ticket would be and every single bar will be rammed and well over capacity. Why couldn’t they just put a screen up would be much easier and less hassle for the police and locals

I guess my only concern with staying around Plaza Colon would be that everyone else without a ticket would be and every single bar will be rammed and well over capacity. Why couldn’t they just put a screen up would be much easier and less hassle for the police and locals
Because they don't want to encourage fans to go without a ticket. They don't want the idea of going over there to just watch it on TV to seem like an attractive proposition

Anything around Coslada, or other metro stops to east of the stadium? Thinking of eating / drinking around there if possible. Want to avoid the centre and fan zones as nowhere near our hotel, or the stadium

Fraud!

Bill small village 30 miles from Madrid
Firmly within the Communidad de Madrid dude

madrid-mapa.png

Next thing you'll be parrotting the travelling community from Plumstead Marshes and claiming that Tottenham are a Middlesex club

:levywtf:

Last edited:
Anything around Coslada, or other metro stops to east of the stadium? Thinking of eating / drinking around there if possible. Want to avoid the centre and fan zones as nowhere near our hotel, or the stadium
Like pretty much every where else there will be plenty of bars, terrazas, restaurants in Coslada, San Fernando etc. If you're further out, Alcalá is a lovely place

Like pretty much every where else there will be plenty of bars, terrazas, restaurants in Coslada, San Fernando etc. If you're further out, Alcalá is a lovely place

Cheers Bill, thinking San Fernando or Coslada will be a good shout. Want somewhere "not too busy" as with my old man... no fanzones etc.

Think this is akin to drinking in Watford before a game at Wembley or something.

Cheers Bill, thinking San Fernando or Coslada will be a good shout. Want somewhere "not too busy" as with my old man... no fanzones etc.

Think this is akin to drinking in Watford before a game at Wembley or something.
They'll be ideal, plenty of choice, much less likely to get ripped off, more likely to meet people interested in a chat...

I honestly can't think of a worst place to head for than Sol, short of the Scouse fan zone and surrounding streets. Plaza Mayor is set to be a "neutral" zone - I think it's fair to assume that means non-English, at least in the sense of groups of fans having a sing-song and getting lashed. They're going to have appearances from famous players (Figo is one name I remember), it'll be family friendly, probably with old bill on hand to disperse anyone looking like they're getting unruly. Sol itself is pisspoor for bars - it's sort of the equivalent of say Bayern fans thinking that Oxford Circus is the place to head to if the final was in London

I quite liked the Museo del Jamon - but that was about 10 years ago, and mainly because I enjoyed that you got ham and salami with your beer rather than olives. Not a place I would head to for an all day session though.

Back
Top Bottom