We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had plenty of shots at Allison.
Most of them very tame, unfortunately. Shot placement and shot power were both lacking. I'm not sure what the shooting coach is trying to accomplish training the players to punt their shots directly at the keeper with all the power of a polio victim.

And that's why we are more upset. Liverpool didnt really play that well either.

Correct.

It feels like a lost opportunity to me. Just a loss that felt as though we could have avoided with a more coherent performance.

It's hard to take and I feel we handed the impetus to Liverpool by starting Kane, when Son and Moura's movement if not physicality might have been better.

Now it's a few days of having Liverpool rammed down my throat, reading how we could have started something (but haven't) and the inevitable doubts about a squad that will now get broken up and never have a trophy to show for it.

Been a long time since we tasted success. Really difficult to stomach.

Not a great night for sure, but just remember, we can sing the greatest ever song invented for at least another season..

Oh what a night,
watching Tottenham on a wednesday night,
You play thursday coz you're fucking shite,
what a feeling what a night.

Finishing second in a cup tournament means as much as finishing 4th in the Olympics. No one cares - really don’t kid yourself otherwise.

Oh hey Hood, that's really helpful right now. Why not drink a bottle of bleach or something?

We were the better team in a shit final. Poor finishing cost us again, but you know what - we got to the CL final you giant bell end. Dared to do. Some fucking magical moments I'll carry to the grave. After 20 years of supporting a fucking disaster of a team from 1989 to 2009 I'll take this CL run thanks.

Feel free to do one.

Fuck the haters, I’m proud that my club got to the final. Not spent a bean on players and we got there. At the start of the season you offered me what I’ve had this year I’d have snapped your arms off
Im proud we got to the final. I get that.
It's a minor miracle from Poch and the players.

But not spending a bean on players. That's nothing to be proud of. Not when the club records an unprecedented profit statement.

We need to face up to reality. We ain't getting this close again without a major shift in the philosophy of the owners. Poch needs serious backing and we need to start acting like the big club we are. Not some pennyless paupers punching above their weight.

This summer is a pivotal moment in our history

Oh hey Hood, that's really helpful right now. Why not drink a bottle of bleach or something?

We were the better team in a shit final. Poor finishing cost us again, but you know what - we got to the CL final you giant bell end. Dared to do. Some fucking magical moments I'll carry to the grave. After 20 years of supporting a fucking disaster of a team from 1989 to 2009 I'll take this CL thanks.

Feel free to do one.

Best on here by a country mile

Since we just lost to Pool how does that Shankley quote go again if your are first your first if your second your nothing?

No one outside of spurs will remember us being runners up in a few years.

The proud boys will be - they are the realest fans around afterall

As I have warned time and time again the majority will look back and consider this another 87 pleat era. The team that should have won something but didn’t.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom